Thinking about dentures?

Thinking about dentures?

Ask questions and find out what to expect from this new phase of life.

Post Question
(349)
C
Terrified of getting dentures

I just found out today that I am going to have to have all of my teeth removed and get full upper and lower dentures. I’m 48. I have a lot of autoimmune diseases and am in and out of the hospital a lot. Now, I will have to deal with this on top of everything else. The dentist said that having

Question

All teeth on top row, other than the front two, need extraction - Any advice?

Any thoughts / suggestions appreciated... I'm going to need a few from the bottom set and most of my remaining tops [ all except the front pair ] removed.I've got dentures lined up to 'fill in the gaps'. My dentist seems to be reluctant [ refuses ] to consider extracting the two front ones - as th

Question

Bone Loss and Receded Gums

Does anyone have bone loss or receded gums that prevent you to have dentures? I’m in deep trouble.  My dentist said dentures will not hold due to bone loss and receded gums from periodontal disease 

Question

Day 9 Immediate Dentures

My dentures seem to split the left corner of my mouth during removal and insertion, I have been using vaseline and carmax since day 1 but it's not helping. Is this normal and will it go away?

Question

Lower denture too loose for eating, what to do, glue and other options?

My new lower denture, one month old, is too loose for eating food, slight large mouth/tongue movement will make the denture out of position. The denture has just one metal hooker to only one remaining teeth-canine, wonder if this causes the very problem-too loose for eating.  I  asked my

Question

Are temporary partial dentures supposed to hurt?

I got my extractions done about 6 days ago. Was given temporary dentures. Full upper and partial bottoms. The uppers are painful to wear but manageable. The partials are very painful even with the pain meds. I feel like they are digging into my gums. Can I wait for my gums to heal a little before at

Question

Magen when can you sleep with out dentures after extractions

I just got my dentures at 6p Tuesday night . I want to know when can you take them off to give Gina a break and sleep without them?

Question

Getting my first set

Any advise on dating, really nervous.

Question

Aspen dental won’t do my perms until I get a mandatory cleaning and crown - never disclosed until I tried to schedule perm impressions

Aspen dental won’t do my impressions for my perms until I get a mandatory cleaning and crown - they didn’t disclosed this until I tried to schedule perm impressions. It’s not listed on any of my paperwork either. My appointment was scheduled and they just canceled it and never told

Question

Should I get dentures or pay thousands

I need 5 crowns, every tooth I have has a Cavity I also need 2 partials. Dentures would be of no cost. I’m 59. Im scared. Whats it like to wear dentures?

Question

Side Bar Conversation List

View More