Thinking about dentures?

Thinking about dentures?

Ask questions and find out what to expect from this new phase of life.

Post Question
(349)
I
Point of Care CNA

A point of care CNA is a certified nursing assistant who is tasked with providing care to patients in their own homes.

Question

Getting a correct fit from my dentures

I went to Aspen Dental in my hometown and am not satisfied. My question is, are impressions supposed to be made from your temporary plates you get right after extraction or are they made when your gums have healed. My dentures were made from the temporary first set. Doesn't make sense to me because

Question

I need to hear from women who have had dentures for awhile...

I am 31 and getting dentures in 18 days. My teeth have been problematic since I was a small child and have been told there is no saving them. While I have accepted this and have tried to stay positive (hey, I'll have pretty teeth for once! ) I am terrified about my face caving in. I am barely affor

Question

Dentures NHS

Hi ive had dentures on the NHS for four eyes - 4 different sets and none of them ever stay in when I’m eating so I’ve taken the plunge and I am having dentures done privately - has anyone had their dentures done privately and what was your experience with them Many thanks Emma

Question

How should I tell my friends that I am wearing dentures?

I am in mid 30s and extracted all teeth last year and got dentures. I am working with my dentist to get implants later this year. I have been wearing mask because of Covid and only 2-3 of my co workers know my situation. As the Covid cases are reducing, I guess the day with no mask is coming sooner

Question

Choosing Dentist

I have no other choice by to go with dentures due to a generic gum disease. After 2 years of dental treatment gum grafts $4000 later waiting for implants and crowns I’m not a candidate. Got a second opinion was my gut feeling before proceeding. I have lost all my muscle weight and down to 102lbs fro

Question

Any possitive stories on getting dentures?

I was supposed to get 24 teeth extracted tomorrow, but the appt had to be moved to May. I can't wait to have them done.   I've been reading many posts on this site, and most of them are discouraging experiences.My dentist has assured, that even though I have to have some bone shave off on my l

Question

When will I be able to eat real food?

It's been just over 5 weeks. When will I be able to eat like a cheeseburger, pizza, bbq ribs? Just real food? Just don't seem like it will be possible to bite into anything or chew. I've been living on scrambled eggs , which are kind of still hard to eat, pancakes, pasta,mashed potatoes. Mostly

Question

Scared to get Dentures

Finally am starting my Long Journey of having to get my teeth pulled next month and get dentures. Im also very scared to get IV sedation and the whole 9 yards! Are there any Tips on how to cope with this fear and Anxiety better? I can't sleep and having panic attacks just dreading this.

Question

Just got my final round of extractions. I now have in my full upper and lower dentures and they feel like a medieval torture device.

Hi everyone. Does this get any better, it feels like the dentures keep stabbing me in my gums all over the place. Trying so hard not to get infected. It is just so painful! Any advice or inspirational words would be helpful.. A bit about me, I'm 43, I struggled with health issues and dental issues m

Question

Side Bar Conversation List

View More