jade_0dd26a's profile

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Wed, Oct 28, 2015 8:31 AM

Wil my dentures become easier??

. I'm 19 and just had dentures, I had a fall last year and hit my face. I'm on day 2 and there rubbing on the roof of my mouth. I also dont want to take them out only to quickly brush it and put back. Suppose to be going for a meal in two weeks what's The odds on me being able to eat

(Partial denture)

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

Il y a 7 y

Eat something soft, soup, pasta, most people lose weight at first.....nice. but i personally have gained most of it back after one year. Good luck. Keep getting adjustments till it doesn't hurt.

271 Messages

• 

6.2K Points

That's great advice, Jeanne. Jade, it is very important to keep your dentures clean. At the end of the day when you remove your dentures, you should use a soft or ultra-soft bristled toothbrush to gently massage your gum tissues and to remove any film or debris.

To refresh your mouth, you may want to rinse with an alcohol-free mouthwash. A specially designed brush should be used to clean your dentures before you place them in a container overnight. Remember to add a small amount of liquid (water, mouthwash or denture cleanser) to the container to keep the dentures moist. I hope this helps and we wish you the best of luck! ~Rosie

174 Messages

• 

2.3K Points

Wow. Most people lose weight at first? And I wasn't even told that. My dentist is incredibly negligent. Who doesn't tell someone who's anorexic and already 30 pounds underweight that they are going to lose weight? I've lost another 10 pounds. 
What specially designed brush should be used, Josie?

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

Just a soft denture brush. They can be found in most department stores.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

Il y a 7 y

Of Course your dentures will be easier. I had got them 6 months back and now I feel a bit more comfortable and I think it will be easier afterwards. My dentist Dr. Phelan in Oakville asked me to eat soft and non sticky foods like scrambled eggs, yogurt, soup, and also can eat soft fruits in the first few weeks. When your jaw and tongue adjust to having dentures in place, you can add a wider selection of foods to your diet like cooked meat, cooked veggies, etc. You are not supposed to eat hard foods they may damage your dentures. Also ask your dentist what foods you should and shouldn’t take. Get well soon!!  

23 Messages

• 

386 Points

I just had my teeth removed Friday under iv me sedation doctor would not give me the only pain medicine doesn't make me throw up so I'm living with ibuprofen and Percocet and Vicodin make me projectile vomit I didn't want something to make me sicker anyway my lip looks like somebody else's face because I don't have dentures yet I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks so I don't know how come everybody else is getting there right away but I won't be going out anywhere without a mask and a scarf because it looks so ugly the way my top lip is sucking in I need to eat there that's the only thing I can say I wish there was another way I could've done this but I could not afford implants. Very miserable right now still

2 Messages

• 

110 Points

You can get same day dentures. From my experience you are going the best way. I had my first set at 22, now at 49 just got my first set of high quality dentures. My dentist has said numerous times that he has much more success with patients that wait. While it's no fun,either way when you wait it's not as much pain and you'll have a lot less adjustments and really enjoy your new teeth without so much pain. Make sure to have some oragel or something for the sore spots after you get your dentures, you will have them. While it is not pleasurable to wait for an adjustment,wait a week. Your gums conform to your new teeth. When it comes to adjustments less is better. You can take off easily enough, putting back is expensive and time consuming. I hope you have a great experience with your wonderful new teeth. SMILE ALL THE TIME!!

118 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Great advise. I am three weeks in for my uppers and can eat soft foods like baked potatoes & scrambled eggs. Getting better everyday!!!

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

Il y a 7 y

You will want to avoid anything with small seeds/pieces (strawberries, poppy seed dressing, pepper, nuts, etc.). These types of things can hurt like heck when they get under your teeth!

Just my 2 cents.

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

I just thought of something else - you will want to have a toothbrush with you. Excuse yourself right after eating and even if you just use water, you will want to make sure that you don't have food on your teeth. We can no longer feel when it's there

Ok, I'm done for now.

271 Messages

• 

6.2K Points

That's a great tip, Alicia. To help even further, there are special "toothbrushes" designed to help with this. You may want to pick up an Oral-B Denture Brush to make sure your dentures are always clean!

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

Il y a 7 y

I just had all my teeth pulled and dentures put in right after surgery.  I was able to remove the top dentures but had to go back to the dentist to take out the bottom dentures.  I hope this gets easier.  I have to say that the pain depressed me.  I can only hope this is normal and down the road all of this will be behind me.

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

Karen, I can tell you that the pain will fade - for me it only hurt for a few days, but everyone is different.

I will say that there will be a lot of frustration coming at you....don't let it overwhelm you. I can't seem to keep my bottoms in no matter what I do. That is the most aggravating thing for me! I have tried all of the powders, pastes and gels that you can buy at the store. I did Receive some Secure products and tried the paste yesterday, so far my favorite! Today I'll be trying the pad on the bottom and paste on top. I did get 8 hours yesterday and was thrilled!

I can only speak for myself, but I feel like I went into this blindly. I think I had it in my head that I would go have what was left of my teeth pulled, have temporary dentures for a couple of months, get my permanent dentures and be eating steak within another couple of months.

It has now been 3 months and I can't even get lower temporary teeth to stay in.

I think the steak is going to have to wait! :(

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

Thank you AliciaP thank you for your message.  I do hope you find something that will help your bottoms to stay in better.  Gosh,  I will try and do some research for you.  My dad and sister had a full set of dentures and they managed quite well with them so I thought that I would be the same. Little did I know what I would be facing.  Today I still have some pain.  I too wonder if I will ever eat steak again.  Take care and know that I am thinking of you.

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

You will have to accept your "new normal" as they say. Alicia is accurate, you will have to work at finding what works for you. The bottom is the problem, unless you get implants. Implants give the dentures something to hold onto, but they are very expensive, take a long time to complete and I for one am not able to get them. Recently I have heard of several that have had them removed for various reasons.
If you are able to afford them, look into them, otherwise accept some changes. Steak is something I will never eat again unless it is chopped very fine. I do have a Ninja Chopper $19.95 at Wal-Mart. You will find out what you can eat. Eating out I am very cautious, don't want any embarrassing moments. BUT it Will Get Better.

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

Thank you Karen!

I know what you mean about family members not having any problems! My dad was in the Navy when he had his teeth pulled and he got his only dentures 1-2 months later. He has never had any problems with them, doesn't use any adhesive, and eats everything including corn on the cob. The surprising part to this? That was about 55 years ago. The ONLY thing that he has had to do was get one tooth replaced because it broke. Oh what I wouldn't give to have teeth like that!

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

Thank you AliciaP.  You have provided wonderful information.  Hope your weekend is going well

7 Messages

• 

220 Points

Il y a 7 y

I was 25 when I had to get full extraction and dentures. you totally get used to it

38 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Il y a 7 y

I wonder if the younger you are the easier it is to adapt. I an 72 years old, have had my dentures for almost a year and am still trying to get used to them. I can eat certain foods that have a snap to them -- crackers, chips, tacos (no lettuce), thin cookies. I have trouble with pasta unless I cut it in tiny pieces, forget pizza (I think that is a thing of the part). I don't expect to ever eat a steak or pork chops again unless cooked in the crock pot. When I go out to dinner I order nice soup, crackers ndx a soft dessert. I'm tired of letting these dentures control my IFR so I have a list of foods I can eat and stick to that. The upside I have lost about 20 lbs that was much needed.

271 Messages

• 

6.2K Points

How frustrating! Have you had any adjustments during the last year? Often times all that is needed is an adjustment by your dentist. Glad to hear you have a sense of humor about the weight loss. :) ~Rosie

38 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Thanks for the reply Rosie. I have had many adjustments and a soft reline. I have an appointment in January. Who knows, maybe a miracle will happen. The dentist suggests I need a lower partial in order for my dentures to fit correct. After all my uppers are pulled she tells me this. My faith in her is not really great. I agree with another person on this site who said we go into this procedure blindly. I just can't understand how many people got their dentures 40 or 50 years ago and have no trouble with them--dont have to put adhesive on and can eat corn and steak.. Maybe when they were false teeth instead of dentures, they worked better. I think George Washington's worked better than some of them do now, and they were made of wood. Still losing weight as long as I stay away from ice cream.

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

I think younger people have more bone to support denture than us older folks.

5 Messages

• 

112 Points

Il y a 6 y

Can I keep the lower dentures out of mouth  off and on until the sores are healed?

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

Yes you can and gargle with warm or room temp salt water.

5 Messages

• 

112 Points

Il y a 6 y

Can a person file the denture themselve  This is the most painful thing my body has ever been thru. Any suggestions appreciated.

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

I don't recommend you file it yourself. If you do something wrong and they notice they may hold you responsible. You should be able to go for as many adjustments you need at no extra cost.

5 Messages

• 

112 Points

Il y a 6 y

The dentist I had was rude and bruised my face. A night mare for sure. I pray this pain goes away in 3 weeks or so. Any help please share.

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

Packs of ice. Gargle with salt water a lot. Get adjustments on your denture while you are going through the healing process.

174 Messages

• 

2.3K Points

Arnica montana for the bruising. Willow herb might help with the pain and inflammation. There are various extracts available.
I'm sorry your dentist was a brute, Marcella. 
The warm salt water rinses help a lot. 

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

Arnica is one of the greatest things on earth.

A lady I worked with several years ago told me about it, but I was skeptical and didn't try it until a couple years later and now I'm never without it. It gets rid of pain and bruises on no time at all!

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

What is Arnica and how is it used?

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

I like arnica too. I heard about it several yrs ago and use it when I need. Basically it's a small pellet you take. It's from a tree root. No bad side effects that I've ever heard. Or sold as a cream now.

5 Messages

• 

112 Points

Il y a 6 y

Thanks for all the comments

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

No problem at all! Hang in there. :)

13 Messages

• 

200 Points

Il y a 5 m

BEST ONLINE SPELL CASTER TO SOLVE ALL YOUR MARITAL AND FINANCIAL PROBLEMS WITH 100% GUARANTEED RESULTS.

My name is Rhiannon Van Ross, Early this year when I first contacted you I was 1 year into a bitter divorce battle with my husband. I thought that my marriage and family were ruined. I found your site and breathed a sigh of relief although I really didn't know how it worked. Not only did your Stop Divorce love spell work super fast for me, but you and your circle were there to help me and counsel me through every step of the process. You have helped me so much and I am happy to update you on our progress. My husband and I have reconciled and have since renewed our vows. We are stronger than ever. I am so happy that you were able to help me keep my family intact. Without you, I am not sure what I would have done.  IT WORKED FOR ME. Now I have my man back to me and he is fully faithful and dedicated to our marriage. Thank you Dr. Saruman because your spell has finally made me and my husband reunited again. Are you out there experiencing some problems in your marriage, You can reach him on his contact details.Website:https://perfectsolutiontemple.weebly.com Email: perfectsolutiontemples@gmail.com or you can chat him directly on his WhatsApp: +1 (786)-770-7977

You can reach him for the following spell work:

MONEY RITUAL
 MAKE YOUR LOVER LOVE YOU MORE
 WIN EX BACK
 FRUIT OF THE WOMB
 PROMOTION SPELL
 REVENGE SPELL
 BUSINESS SPELL
 GOOD JOB SPELL
 LOTTERY SPELL 
 COURT CASE
 HIV OR ANY TYPE OF SICKNESS

I would advise you to contact DR SARUMAN because he is the right man to help you get your problem solved.