Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

50 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Tue, Aug 30, 2016 12:36 AM

When I get my permanent dentures will they be better then the immediate. Ones?

It's going on 5 months that I had my teeth pulled and immediate dentures. I still can't eat crap. I live on pasta, scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes. I can chew anything. I've tried but I think the teeth are crap. In about 5 weeks I go in to get my permanent ones. And they are suppose to be the top of the line. I just hope and pray that I will be able to eat again. I've lost over 30 lbs so far. It is so depressing. Went to county fairs and couldn't eat. My birthday is coming up in October. Sure would be nice to go out for a nice dinner with my man. Just really regretting all this. I wish I would of had a second opinion. I wonder if there was something that could have been done besides pulling them all. Grrr. Very frustrated and depressed.

Responses

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

4 years ago

Hopefully.....2 years and I still have to eat mostly soft food. Gaimed weight back, all those carbs. Wish you well.

39 Messages

• 

992 Points

Same here. I have done reline myself. I have had the dentist do relines. It still hurts to do any real chewing. We go out to eat and I get a baked potato or soup or pancakes. I don’t enjoy eating any more.

32 Messages

• 

658 Points

This sound just like my story. I am so depressed, I cry every day, I have lost almost 30 pounds, nothing tastes the same, I am miserable, the more the DDS tells me that this is pretty good the worse I feel. I can not chew anything without this hunk of plastic coming lose and trying to float down my throat. They just ordered my permanent denture but I am so worried its just going to be more if the same. Now I get to pay AGAIN for a denture that does not fit.

12 Messages

• 

312 Points

You will find permanent dentures are lots better. As teeth are sharper and fit loads better. Immediate dentures will not work as well due to teeth been out of line also teeth are blunt

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

There is something wrong if you still can not eat
U should go back to your dentist

32 Messages

• 

658 Points

I have gone back to my dentist 4 times now. I get it that these are "healing" dentures but I guess I was just so ill-prepared for what was to come. My Dentists tells me "I told you there would be some time needed for adjustment" sure but I had no idea he meant for my entire life! The first photo is my sitting in the chair waiting to have my teeth pulled, the second photo is 2 days later.

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

4 years ago

Hopefully.....2 years and I still have to eat mostly soft food. Gaimed weight back, all those carbs. Wish you well.

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

4 years ago

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

4 years ago

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

I just got my permanent dentures, do not fit like my temporary ones,when I was trying my permanent ones I told them this,They made which I regret sign a paper saying I would accept my permanent dentures the way they were no matter what.Went to Aspen Dental clinic.The dentires themselves look good, just harder to eat with and don't fit like they should..When i had my extraction she left parts of teeth in .I would never recommend them to Nanyone.

166 Messages

• 

3.7K Points

4 years ago

If you are months and or years into it and cannot eat you really need to speak with your dentist and get adjustments and relines to get yourselves sorted. 

I would not have someone make my permanent that could not get the temporary functioning.  The temporary is a test run.  If they are unable to provide you with a temporary that functions after adjustments and relines chances are slim to none they will be able to do so with a permanent. 

This process takes a tremendous amount of communication to get things worked out.  When things aren't working and you have communicated with the dentist to the best of your ability it may be time to consult with someone else, provided your were clear and concise and gave it your all to get perfection.  If you have not been clear, concise and made your best efforts it may not be the fault of the dentist that your dentures are not fitting and functioning properly.

Best of luck and I do hope you get things sorted.  There are a ton of videos on youtube that show how people navigated obstacles they had with their dentures/dentists during their journeys - it may be worth your time to see if you find someone who has similar problems to yours to see how they got found resolve.

107 Messages

• 

2K Points

Your comments are very encouraging. Thank.s. It is a mental and physical experience.

7 Messages

• 

154 Points

Could you tell me if a 12 year old denture thats so thin and worn down if the products used to made the denture could be the reason i feel sick to my stomake all the time. I dont have a medical condition jus wondering if u knw any tbing about this. Thk u

205 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

I wouldnt think the denture woukd but the adhesives could.

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

The people that comment on YouTube are all young. Very few middle aged or older people in YouTube.

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

Pain is pain and u should not accept it. You deserve better
Go back to the dentist

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

4 years ago

Yes I will when I get a few thousand dollars together.

230 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

Try Russell Kline on etsy search him there . I have heard nothing but good things about him. Follow his instructions to a T. You do everything yourself but he is on call to help you.

205 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

Yep. Mine came from him. Extremely pleased.

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

Don't wait for more money. Get back to the dentist now

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

You can complain to the dental society and have them make an evaluation

14 Messages

• 

400 Points

Dentists are so friggin expensive!

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

4 years ago

Well I'm into over a year since all my teeth were pulled and I had the early dentures and the permanent ones and still can't wear them.  I've been living on mac and cheese forever it seems.  Today I started the journey to having implants put in.  It will take 8 months for the healing and permanent teeth but at least there is an end in site.  This time I'm looking for dentist's with good reputations and am going to go into hock for the cost.  Estimates put it at just under $20,000.  - a fortune with only Social Security for income but I'm aiming to have a slice of pizza before I leave this wonderful world.  LOL.  I've gagged long enough trying to wear the dentures and refuse to give up totally.  There's a fix out there and I've decided to go for it. Lots of information on U-tube that has helped with my decision plus one of the dentist groups had wonderful information on their web site that I found very helpful.  Not pushing this dental group - but their info was top notch so passing it on. http://www.southoms.com/procedures/dental-implants/  Hope this gives some one else out here some hope and courage to get some answers and help.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.6K Points

Are you getting implants on upper or lower and how many? The PPS area can be trimmed to stop the gagging. They can only trim so much on an upper until suction is lost. I don't encourage you to try this yourself. I have had people walk into our Denture Clinic with broken dentures after they've tried to adjust themselves. We don't charge for adjustments and they shouldn't where you had them made. Can you explain a little what is going on and why you can't wear them?

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

You can still attempt to get your money back for the original denture
Send the dentist' a demand letter to try and get your money back for the original useless denture
That will help with the cost of the wonderful implants

3 Messages

• 

86 Points

Did you get more than one tooth implant and did you have it done in the United States? That’s almost unkind advise if you are aware of the huge price difference between dentures and actual surgical implants.

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

HI  Brie
THis Blog is so old and crowded that it is difficult to figure out what comment yu are  referring to??
Some one should really start a new blog about some of these issues

About implants and implant secured dentures there is a large range of options and prices
Some dentures are very expensive and some implant supported dentures are on the lower end

Some  people have done very well in Costa Rico and Mexico

About advise?  Well it is more of an  exchange of information and advise and experiences

In the end we can learn from every one
We have learned from you

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

The dentist here make the dentures in there office,if they do not fit you take them back have them fix them til u lie them!why u of the dentist to smile and teeth to fit if not she there asses! There job to get your teeth right not wrong

107 Messages

• 

2K Points

4 years ago

I am so sorry for your bad experience. I know several people with implants. They look great and work. I had all my teeth pulled. I am on intermediate dentures. I have to use paste and powder. I know how you feel about food. This is going on my third month. I will get permanent denture around Christmas. Hoping for the best.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.6K Points

Kath don't give up. When you get your perms the new impression of your mouth will be different then the models they poured for immediates. You should ask them to show you the models so you can see the difference of what your mouth looks like in there after you've healed. It's pretty interesting how different peoples mouths look. I see them every day. If you're using "glue" for your upper you shouldn't really need it much with the new one.

107 Messages

• 

2K Points

I should really remove them after 6 hours, clean and reapply.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.6K Points

Everyone's mouth is different and so are the adhesives. Try that and see if it helps. If you get your perms 6 mths after extractions or even later your gums will have healed and should be a good impression of your mouth. Full upper shouldn't need adhesive except maybe if you're going to eat steak etc. Good luck with the new perms when you get them.

3 Messages

• 

106 Points

I had 8 teeth pulled on top and the top denture is a frkg nightmare, every time I go in they do a soft reline that peels off or my top is off center, they told me they would be tight from the swelling, never felt tight ever! I cannot eat anything, wth? I had a partial before, never a problem! If u can’t do it, don’t advertise! American dental solutions, don’t ever use them!

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

Hi  Dorothy Kordish
Ask for a refund
Send them a demand letter  (look up demand letter  on the internet)

You should not pay for something that is not working after many try's

You should not be using them.  Get a refund and go some where else

Its your money and your mouth. 
Do not put up with them
Good Luck
Barbara

259 Messages

• 

6.1K Points

4 years ago

I hope everyone making your dentist your best friend.  You can go back as much as you need for adjustments,  If you can't eat after 5 months you really should have a sit down with your dentist.  I am 3 months since my extractions/immediates and at week 5 I was back eating regular foods.  Still haven't mastered biting an apple but no trouble with chicken, meat, grapes, salads,etc.  If you think you are bothering the dentist you're not.  Now if they make you feel that way, then you probably need to see someone else.  Remember, they don't know you're having a problem unless you tell them. 

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

It's been almost 2 months for me and I have to even cut a grape in half to eat it.

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

Go back to the dentist. Insist on having him help you
You PSID good money to him

14 Messages

• 

400 Points

Indeed!  $$$!

107 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

Exactly.  My dental office told me, when I went in for my first reline, that if I had problems, just show up, no appointment needed.  I won't do that, though, but the gesture was very welcome.

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Mine said the same thing. Oddly, it’s taken 3 tries to actually get in. My lower partial feels like a torture device. And I know the bite is off. I can’t bite through jello right now. Hopefully that will be fixed in the morning.

3 Messages

• 

192 Points

4 years ago

Hey Marcia, I am a lab tech who makes dentures full time, and can tell from an insider perspective that there is light in the end of the tunnel. Permanent dentures should always be better than immediate ones precisely because of the fact that your gums's and bone's shrinkage slows down significantly which allows for more space to work with and also because of a better impressions that can be taken. Given your lab tech and doctor do a good job, you should get a much better denture.

One thing you should take advantage of is to take all the time necessary during your try-in appointment to make sure you love your teeth, since that's what you could not have had for your immediate dentures. I talk more about some important qualities a good denture must have at my Dentures Las Vegas website, but basically you are looking for a good balance between looks and functionality. Good luck!

18 Messages

• 

330 Points

All I keep hearing is that bottoms always pop out. I am 3 months into immediatesome and still can't eat without my bottoms coming loose. The only way to keep them in is adhesive and that doesn't work for eating. Is this normal?

259 Messages

• 

6.1K Points

Remember, with adhesive less is more.  Some people feel they have to use a lot to make the bottoms stay in.  The opposite is true.  If you use less then they will stay put. Also, hot, hot (as in temperature, not spice) will cause the denture to loosen also,  

7 Messages

• 

154 Points

Please lab tech contact me cynthia santos at greeneye096@gmail.com san jose, calif. 95126 I need help and answers to some important questions about my 12 yr old upper denture

7 Messages

• 

154 Points

Thank you very much, Cynthia Santos

7 Messages

• 

154 Points

My upper denture was made 12 years ago and iam still wearing them. My daughter makes fun of me tells me all the yime that gravity is pulling my face down. It hurys me because she is a certitfyed Oral Gacial surgical asistant for 25 yrs now she coukd of helped me but she rather make fun of me i jus need your professional help thk you cynthia santos