Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

Fri, Jun 24, 2016 1:20 PM

This if for people that are going to get Immediates. Do you have a TRY-IN appointment before your immediate dentures are ready?????

Responses

259 Messages

• 

6.1K Points

4 years ago

I had a try in the week before my extractions. The dentist made sure the fit, color, alignment and any preliminary adjustments were taken care of.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

That's great Charlid61. That will confirm that your bite reg is accurate. As long as your Bite Reg was accurate the only issues you will have through your process is your gums changing and adjusting the acrylic on the denture to your gums until your 6 mth Reline.

93 Messages

• 

1K Points

Hi Josie, I did have a try in. The bottoms fit good. The tops however didn't stay put because of the teeth that are still there. My dentist said I could have trouble with the top denture. He made sure my bite was good.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

I'm not sure if I'm following Marilyn. Let's say you have your front teeth only, they can do a try in with your posteriors and you try it in and they do a check-bite to confirm your bite was like your Bite Reg appt.

1.6K Messages

• 

25.7K Points

You may have small issues and I encourage you to make sure you get your Reline in 6 mths.

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

You can't if you still have some teeth there.