P

1 Message

• 

72 Points

Mon, Jul 26, 2021 4:35 PM

Sunken, wrinkled face

Long story but here goes. 2 years into dentures. I was never told about the effect bone loss could have on my face. Im not blaming anyone just a fact. I've been to so many dentists who've told me so many things I don't know what to believe. You can get implants, you can't get implants, I can't fix this...etc. Last dentist tells me I can get implants on lower jaw for 32k plus 4k for sedation. I had explained to the assistant that I'm really concerned about my face. She explained that to him and it was like he didn't even hear her. He didn't seem to understand, or care, that my primary purpose for being there was about how I look. I have such a phobia that I don't even grasp what was said until I'm safe at home and by then it's too late. Dentures are terrible but I could deal with them if I didn't look so terrible. I can see the look of shock I. The faces of people I haven't seen for a long time.. they don't mean it but it is a shock.. It's like these dentists dont even listen to you. Has anyone tried fillers, etc for the denture face look? Thsts scary too.. hit or miss just like dentists.. Was going to look I to FOY Dentures but that seems like a scam. I haven't left my house in months. 

Responses

89 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

3 m ago

You can make your own dentures to fill out your face. 

Facebook group  Do Your Own Dentures. The ones I make fill out my face.

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

3 m ago

If you feel your upper lip area is sunken in ask them to do a Complete Upper Reline adding more acrylic to "fill it in". We do Relines all the time and a couple of times that was the reason why we did it. To "fill it in" and make the person happy. :) Hope this helps.

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

3 m ago

Honey You're describing precisely what a prosthodontist is. They are SO different from a dentist. A dentist simply concentrates on the function of dentures & the look of them....not YOU & your face.

A prosthodontist is more expensive bc they focus on creating a prosthetic for your mouth that fits your FACE & they are absolute experts in doing so. They've gone to school to learn much more than dentists.  The foy dentures is a marketing scam all they do is make more bulk. That's all. Then You're left with a monkey mouth. You ideally do want someone who truly cares about the way you look. I would also highly suggest looking in to going to Canada. They have the most amazing "denture clinics" in every town. There's a prosthodontist from Japan his name is Dr. Jiro Abe. He invented a system for lower dentures so you get incredible suction & don't need adhesives or implants & yes he's a prosthodontist.

Watch this to see his method

https://youtu.be/Yle22sHjmMk

I also believe since in Canada they do dentures all day every day.... & have an in house lab... They REALLY care about you...every single aspect of the process.. If you tell them you don't want your face sinking in they actually hear you..

Dentist's here in the USA ONLY want to do implants for the most $$$$$$$ greedy b@stards.

That's what I'd do..I'm giving you one of the highest recommended denture clinics in Canada.. I'm seriously considering going myself too.... Maybe I'll see you there. 

Northern lights dentures clinic toll free 855-235-3111
http://www.nldenture.ca
she also has great YouTube videos.
https://youtu.be/p1HW0BozhBg

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

@CuriousGG

Yes. I work in a Denture Clinic for a Denturist in ON, CA and we do care about people and are passionate about what we do. 

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

I wish my bottom teeth were already all pulled years ago. My concern is if I travel to Canada to start the work .... The shrinking that happens would need adjustments & the distance could make it pretty tricky. I wish I could just move to Canada for a few years.... Only if...

My fav band RUSH came from Canada... Seems like wonderful talented caring people are from Canada. 😌💙

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

@CuriousGG

lol you're funny. I believe there are Denture Clinics in USA but I think legal in only 4 states. :( Dentists frown upon them and I believe it's mostly because they will lose the profit of the denture $$$.

NOOOOO! Don't get a Complete Lower Denture. Our anatomy is way different on the lower as we have our tongue in the way. Meaning the Full Lower would be like a horseshoe flipping around or like a teeter totter (sp)? Full Upper gives suction as the roof of the mouth is covered but not on the lower. If you can try and save as many as you can on the lower and get a Partial Lower Denture to fill in the gaps where you have missing teeth.

"CLOSER TO THE HEART" awesome band. I grew up listening to them due to my older brother. ;)

(edited)

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

Find on I think Netflix "beyond the lighted stage" it's a documentary about rush... Best ever.. 

Anywho... It's time for the few remaining lowers to go. Why do you think I started this whole post? It was about going to Canada bc they use the Dr. Jiro Abe lower suction technique. You can get full secure suction on the lower dentures now.  I've got too much pain on the bottoms & partials smell & you simply can't eat with them in, they flop around OR you have metal showing they're horrific & they look like a different shade from the top. When you've got top & bottom matching dentures it looks more natural & beautiful. The dentists here in the US are too f-ing greedy to do this Jiro Abe lower suction technique when instead they can keep you broke & "saving" my remaining few bottom teeth would also cost me a crazy amount seriously. I could prob afford those implants for the same money. But if they have this technique I don't understand why I should risk getting implants on the lowers. Those do fail & if that happened then what? 

I wish someone from Canada could help me sort out a solution for all this... How to get this Jiro Abe lower suction denture & full set in Canada but dealing with the shrinkage time & adjustments needed while living here so far away..

I'm really wanting to go to Canada now. 

It's BEAUTIFUL in Canada. It'll prob be better than the USA soon with all the crap happening here now. Lol Americans will prob hope to marry a Canadian just to get outa' here. What a mess we're in right now.  I'd marry a Canadian in a minute... Such nice people seriously. No wonder rush was one of the few bands that never broke up.. 💙🙏 🇨🇦

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

I will check it out. I'm sure my hubby has watched it. He's a bit older then me and knows a lot about Classic Rock bands. I've heard of the lower suction technique. It is possible but not in every case. A Denturist has to fly to Japan to take his course as I think he's only been here once. lol. Yea there are a lot of greedy Dentists....everywhere.