jess_be0ab3's profile

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

Fri, Feb 8, 2019 10:56 PM

So I need to get ALL my teeth pulled, advice?

All my life I had perfect teeth.  However, around 26 my teeth started to crack or break apart, and I got alot of infections and abscesses.  I've had 3 teeth pulled so far, but I went to a couple places a few months ago since 5 of my teeth have no chipped away to below the gumline, and xrays said all my lower teeth need to get pulled and 6 or so of the upper.  I keep prolonging going in to get it done, I guess I'm just nervous.  Anyone have any experience with full bottom dentures or anything?  The denture place said I should get a couple implants to protect the jaw bone, but I'm kind of on a budget right now.  Any advice will help, also will I need to take any work off for after they get pulled?

I'm trying to quit smoking before this is done too, which is really sucking

275 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

Il y a 3 y

Hi Hun, I dont know anything personally about implants but if you can find a way to finance them, I have read many people say that implants are the way to go especially for the bottoms good luck, scroll thru the forum there is a lady name Barbara and she often post info about implants.

33 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Il y a 3 y

Hello, Jess. I will try to be short. I had lots of similar issues with my upper and lower teeth and finally on July 18, 2018, I took the big step and had all my teeth pulled. 27 teeth. It was not fun but it is not supposed to be. I have a great dentist in Mexico, right across from Yuma, AZ, and she was amazing. Best decision I ever made. All my health and pain issues are gone poof and yes, it will take a while to get used to full dentures. But now after six months I can eat anything. Think of it as getting used to a limb being amputated and then getting a prosthetic. Talk to people you know with full dentures, IN PERSON. This is a great site and gave me a lot of moral and physical support but nothing like live. Here is a surprise, a lot of people you know have full dentures and you don't even know it. BOTH my neighbors have full dentures and I did not know till I told them mine and they saw me in the back yard with no teeth one morning. Voila, they gave me lots of great tips on wearing, cleaning, adhesives, etc. So, full steam ahead, be ready for pain and yes you can go to work the next day if you get instant full dentures right after extraction. My extractions took two hours and I walked out with full dentures that day and was driving the next day. Eating will be a pain. Soft foods and broth. KFC mashed potatoes and gravy will be your friend. YOU WILL KNOW WHAT FOODS TO EAT as it happens. Someone handed me popcorn a month later and I was like, oh shit. I put it in my mouth and guess what, I ate it. Sometimes you have to just do it, like Nike says. I eat pretty much eat everything now, not corn on the cob. Remember the issue is not pain but your incisors will no longer have the same old pounds per square inch pressure you have with real teeth. No big deal. Not eating a few things is a small price to pay for a lifetime ahead of no pain, and GREAT LOOKING FALSE TEETH. Yes, the lowers will have issues as your jaw moves on the bottom and not the top. Adjust adjust. Get implants if you wish, I do not plan to. I have close friends who love their implants. I just want no more drilling pain ever again.

11 Messages

• 

262 Points

I have had the same positive experience.  Yes, the transition period is a pain but having adapted to dentures I would not want to go back to bad teeth and gums.  I think there are many more people that have a satisfactory denture experience than you think.

125 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Il y a 3 y

I have suffered ever since I had my teeth pulled with the bottom plate. Never any trouble with the tops. If you can do some type of implant solution on that bottom plate I urge you to consider it. YOu will save yourself a lot of discomfort, pain and stress.

6 Messages

• 

264 Points

Il y a 3 y

I was off work 3 days after having 8 top teeth pulled. I had a black eye and was miserable. Not advisable to go to work with cotton rolls in your mouth. I’m on week 6 with full upper and it’s taking time but make sure you use a dentist that has a lab on site. Also my son has a care credit card and he let me use it and make the payment to have this done. I had been using super glue for years to hold my crowns in bc I couldn’t afford to pay for it.

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

Il y a 3 y

Enjoyed reading all your replies, thanks alot.  I got approved for carecredit for 5,000.  So i think i'm going to get all my bottoms done and 2 implants for NOW, with dentures and I'll save up over the next year or 2 and gradually buy more.  I can't afford more then 2-4 implants right now on the care credit card.  I guess i'm worried about what I can eat, pain, etc.  I know it has to be done though, i got 5 teeth below the gumline that just HURT all the time -.-

33 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Good luck, Jess. Just concentrate on this, all that pain will be GONE for ever and you can eat again without wondering which part of the mouth you will use and not wince. I highly recommend the full denture route as the final goal, even if the implants come later. Deal with ending the pain first, then with the implants, as to me implants are an unneeded and very expensive luxury when full dentures work just fine. But that is your call.

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

I was told implants were needed to help my jaw bone from getting all messed up, I don't WANT them at all, they are costly, i'm just worried about my jaw bone getting all messed up from having full bottom dentures at 29-30 is all, if i don't need them i won't get any

6 Messages

• 

264 Points

My dad had dentures at 18 and within the last 10 years, he is 73 now, had to have implants bc he had no lower jaw left. I think it’s something you should save for eventually