S

3 Messages

• 

92 Points

Wed, Jun 9, 2021 11:01 AM

I'm almost 4 months in with an immediate upper denture

I go in next Tuesday for my hard reline its been a long 4 months, im currently using Fixodent glue and I hate the glue really bad, I wish I didn't have to wear glue but they will fall out if I don't, any words of advice

I've been reading everyone's post and am grateful knowing I'm not alone 

5 Messages

• 

110 Points

5 m ago

How many teeth did you have taken out?  How was the pain afterwards?  Im sorry I can’t help answer your questions. Hopefully someone else will!

23 Messages

• 

428 Points

14 d ago

I was curious as to how your upper dentures fit now?  I too have to use adhesives to have my upper denture stay put. Trying to stay positive ....

3 Messages

• 

92 Points

@Jos_sychz I have no issues now since I use Secure adhesive it stays in place all day and night

23 Messages

• 

428 Points

Can't wait to buy Secure adhesive.  I will try this. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

13 d ago

I am getting 8 top teeth pulled and replaced with an immediate upper denture plate, on January 8th. Any advice or expectations anyone would care to share with me? Thank you.

3 Messages

• 

92 Points

@LindaG my advice to you is when they place the immediate denture in your mouth wear it as much as possible your gums will be swollen but you have to bear thru it, they will place a soft relive on the denture so when you take them out at night you cannot soak them in denture cleaner I just wrapped mine in a moist paper towel, you will have to go back several times for the dentist to adjust the soft reline, it only took me 3 months to get my hard reline and it has been absolutely great, I now use Secure adhesive on my hard reline and my teeth do not move at all until I take them out at night, I would not recommend using Secure on your soft reline I used fixident powder and I was happy with that I hope I’ve helped you somehow

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

@sellers   Your gums take 6mths-1yr to recede. Most of the "fast" receding takes place in the 1st 6mths. Always best to get the Reline done at 6mths and no sooner as it's not cheap. Your gums will shrink slowly for the rest of your life so Reline every 2-3yrs will help the fit....like maintenance on a car.

23 Messages

• 

428 Points

@LindaG  My advice is to document all your visits in a journal. Take pictures just incase your immediate dentures are made poorly.  Ask them what are your do's and don'ts before the extractions.

Ask for prescriptions for pain killers and not just for the 800mg ibuprofen.   I alternated with both. It was painful for me.  If not happy with your immediate dentures, I had them make me another upper denture.  I was prepared to take them to court and report them to the Dental Association.  Fast forward  I'm happy they are now working with me. You are not alone. You can do this. If you ever need advice from me, I will be here for you. You got this.! 

8 Messages

• 

160 Points

@Jos_sychz  I’m not happy with my upper denture and have posted a question about it. Could you take a look and give advice please as you’ve been where I’m at maybe?  Thanks in advance 

23 Messages

• 

428 Points

@TomCruiseTeeth  I know how you feel. First immediate dentures had lots of gum showing and bite was way off. I  went after 1 or so months  later and complained . Dentist told me I was being picky and nit picking.  I went crazy . I told him to redo immediate dentures and for him to put my denture on. Also said I was keeping a journal and pictures of my journey with the dentures.  I told him I was going to take it to small claims court and report him to the Dental Association.  After that he immediately fit me in for another immediate denture.   Had some bone shaved and my journey is still continuing.  You have rights. You pay for the service.  It's like your buying a car. I go in buying a Mercedes, so I expect a Mercedes not a Pinto.. I was scared to speak up but with the support of people in here ,I spoke up. Please keep us posted.  Take care and you can do this.