Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

Fri, Feb 26, 2016 6:16 PM

I work at a Denture Clinic and can help as much as I can with any of your denture questions. :)

Responses

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

3 months ago

Had 27 extractio s in Feb. and a bone trim.Gums r still uneven.Will they ever go back to normal?

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

Hey sunshinestategirl. Not sure what happened to my response yesterday. Your gums won't go back to "normal" as nobody really has normal gums

We are all "custom made". Your gums will take 6mths - 1 yr to recede/heal. The fastest being the first 6mths. They are making a "new landscape" in there. Give it time and hang in there! 

(edited)

77 Messages

• 

990 Points

When you have dentures and no teeth, how do you take care of your gums?    Do you still brush with toothpaste on them so it won’t get infected?    My teeth will be extracted soon and I want to ask how you take care of your gums after extraction?

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

Salt water is the best natural solution. You can also massage your gums gently a little while after extractions to help the blood flow. Most people prefer to brush their gums with their fingers but that's down the road. You don't want to do that while your gums are healing and shortly after extractions. That would hurt. Ouch.

5 Messages

• 

104 Points

3 months ago

I have a question. Is it true that after the 2nd soft reline and maybe even at the 2nd reline the denture stops fitting well? I was told that the reline probably wouldn't make my denture fit better after the 1st one, that the gums shrink so much and there's really nothing they can do. I'm extremely ticked off, my teeth don't fit, I'm using adhesive 3 times a day, they break loose when I eat, they rock and move around. I'm terribly unhappy and regretting getting them. They fit so well after that 1st reline and now after my 2nd one they are awful.

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

Was this an Immediate Denture inserted when exos happened? Is it a Full Upper? How long have you had it and is it your permanent one? 

5 Messages

• 

104 Points

My immediates are my perms. I've had them since the end of March of this year, that's when the extractions were done, they were placed immediately. 1st reline was perfect, second was horrible, had it redone a week later because they were so loose but it didn't help.

19 Messages

• 

240 Points

i think the question were all asking is, after this nightmare of an experience is over weill i look how i did before but with teeth?

19 Messages

• 

240 Points

by the way josie for all your help... you are awesome! thank you. 

so i think ive figured out what the issue is with the dentures. there designed for the inside not outside of your mouth so is it possible to have them make a little cutout to accommodate the natural folds in your skin? i

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

vanessa_d3578c
It takes 6mths to a yr for gums to recede/heal. Most of the fast shrinking happens in 6mths. Are you getting a Reline around 6mths at all? If so that's when the upper should feel at it's best if they do the Reline correctly. It should feel snug and really no need for Adhesive unless you eat steak or corn on the cob for example.

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

2 months ago

Robson yes they should have "cut out's" for spots like your frenum etc and the inside is custom to your mouth which can be relieved/trimmed during your healing time but the outside can be trimmed too for example if it's too thick.

Oh no prob. Just here to try and help. :)

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

2 months ago

I have probably  2 whole teeth in my mouth I cannot afford dental care yet I have no insurance or credit  to get help I am to the point of no longer eating because it hurts so badly. I am literally  wasting away I am 5"4 @104lbs aandstill losing because  I can't eat I need help please I live in Inverness  Florida what do I do

19 Messages

• 

240 Points

eat foods that dont require chewing: rice eggs soups fish mashed potatoes drink milk can you get free healthcare from your county? Im having trouble eating as well and lost maybe 20lbs since my extractions... multi-vites, i found if i cut my food up and place in mouth behind teeth at top of mouth i can just swallow from there...

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

@Donnafonseca2729

Hi Donna, do you have partial dentures or no...only two of your remaining teeth left?

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

Yea robson yemmik most people lose weight when they first get dentures.... Hopefully that will improve for you.

19 Messages

• 

240 Points

yeah slowly... yesterday i found a protein drink by naked has 31g protein in just 1 bottle... which helped in between meals since i dont really eat lunch anymore.

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

do you like cheese burgers?

27 Messages

• 

330 Points

a month ago

Hi, Josie. This is my immediate dentures, the third week wearing it. The dentures are crooked, the midline is not in the center. The smile is crooked. One side is bigger than the other. May I know what went wrong? Was it because my teeth was crooked when taking the impression? I just want to know why this happened. The teeth is way too big too. I will go back this week to take impression for new dentures. What should I ask my dentist to make sure I will have a perfect smile/teeth? Thank you. 

27 Messages

• 

330 Points

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

@Aprill2018

Oh my..... The Dentist or the Lab messed up or a combo of both. Why are you taking impressions for new dentures? Are they remaking them or???

You are correct about all the issues you mentioned and also your lower teeth are too high. You shouldn't see that much "gum" on your lower. If you want to look like yourself again take in a pic of yourself with a nice toothy smile and leave it with them until your dentures are complete. Make sure you go over mold/tooth shade with them on your Bite Registration appt. DEFINITELY have a try in appt with the teeth in wax so you can see if there are any issues with the new set before they complete it. Make sure you read your TX Plan before signing it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

27 Messages

• 

330 Points

I don’t know who messed up. My teeth were extracted in 3 different appointments. First time was upper and lower left, second time was upper and lower right, last with middle upper and lower. I didn’t try the wax in because dentist said it might be hard to try with the middle teeth were still in my mouth. 
Yes, I am taking impression for a new set of dentures. Thanks for your time to read and response. 

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

Sometimes you can do a try in with immediates if there are teeth missing. Kind of like inserting a puzzle of denture teeth where the gaps are. Why are you getting new dentures? Because they screwed up or?? Just trying to understand the reason and get a vibe of what your Dental office is opting to do.

27 Messages

• 

330 Points

The dentist said this set is poorly fitted. The teeth are the big and too tall. I don’t know what went wrong. I am fine with it as long as I am not paying for it again.  I will definitely going to do try wax in first this time. 

1 Message

• 

62 Points

a month ago

I just had all my uppers and all but 8 of my lowers removed on 10/23. I’ve done well. Couple little spots that feel like a canker sore but That’s nothing compared to the pain I was in! The only thing I’m having a problem with is I now have a gummy smile. Will this go away as I heal? Also the gum kinda goes out further than the teeth. Will my permanent ones be better? My denture teeth seem so much smaller than my real teeth were and my gums so much larger 😢

27 Messages

• 

330 Points

Thanks for the information. Hope didn’t interrupt your work. 

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

No problem at all. I happen to check these when I'm at my desk in between appts or hands on work that I'm doing. :)