Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

Fri, Feb 26, 2016 6:16 PM

I work at a Denture Clinic and can help as much as I can with any of your denture questions. :)

Responses

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

5 years ago

Teeth are crooked and some are long and some r short. Didn't fit right so they kept doing adjustments and I said maybe another reline would help because they feel very ugly and she's like ur gonna feel like that and I'm like I had no problems before. Bite was off and they feel ok but they don't fit snug like they used to.

1.5K Messages

• 

25.4K Points

That sounds crazy! Did they give you a different denture? Lol I'm not sure what they did there but for your repair all they needed to do was repair that area.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

It seems like they made me a new one or added more acrylic. I can't tell but u can c a difference

1.5K Messages

• 

25.4K Points

I see the long line is no longer there but that's all I can really notice based on the pic.

33 Messages

• 

634 Points

4 years ago

Hey Josie! Ive decided to do a bridge for my 3 incisors using bith canines and the remaining incisor as abutments. Think I'm gonna like that

1.5K Messages

• 

25.4K Points

That's great! You will definitely have more stability. :)

50 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

4 years ago

Josie, I was wondering how I know if my dentures were really made right? On my uppers the palate comes down way towards the teeth. Not much back of the teeth are showing. So due to this I feel I will never be able to talk right. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I had 21 teeth extracted and got my immediates. I've been in twice plus the day after check up for adjustments. I've told them the problem I have with that. I just feel they aren't made right and they aren't going to tell me if they are. I still can't eat. Got to use a straw. Tried to eat some applesauce with a spoon but they both like come loose and I can't do it. I'm getting so frustrated. I need to get a job but can't go for interviews when I can't talk. I'm getting really depressed. I just feel something isn't right with them. Also besides sore spots ive also have been having pain in my gums. It almost feels like a tooth ache. When I yawn or move my mouth a certain way I have pain. Also it hurts at times in the back roof of my mouth like the palate is digging in. I have an appointment tomorrow. I guess I got to be firmer and that with them. I just wish I knew for sure if they are suppose to be like this as they tell me. Just wish I had something to compare too. I am suppose to have comfilytes immediate dentures and then in 6 months get the permanent comfilytes. I wonder if I really got comfilytes or did I get cheap immediate. If they are made wrong do they make you another set of you just got to deal with these until I get my permanent ones in October. I'm hungry! I want to be able to eat and TALK! At this point I feel I will never eat or talk normal again. So depressed. I just want to cry. I'm regretting what I've dond

1.5K Messages

• 

25.4K Points

4 years ago

Hi Marcia, sorry for the late response. It's been crazy at the office. It's hard to tell when you're not here in person and can't see the denture. When you get immediates usually the don't seem to be your denture as your gums will be receding quite a bit for the 1st 6 mths.  I've heard that before that they don't leave much in the back area of the teeth. Usually that makes it difficult to chew. If you're having that problem ask them to adjust and trim some of the pink acrylic so it can improve your chewing. It's common when any one gets immediates to go for adjustments often. Don't give up. You're normal and not crazy.  Your gums will be shrinking really fast and then slower at the final stage. If you can buy some adhesive that will help keep the dentures in place. I'm not sure about the products for dentures in the USA. I work in a Clinic in ON, Canada so for the comfilytes maybe someone on this forum can help you. If the palate is digging in it may be too deep. Ask them to adjust you PPS (Post Palatal Seal). Once you've healed in 6 mths things will get better. Hang in there! How did your appt go? Hope this helps.

Josie

37 Messages

• 

660 Points

4 years ago

I just posted a few question in my post Problems with Upper Denture, would you mind looking at it and telling me your opinions

1.5K Messages

• 

25.4K Points

Hey Janice, not sure if I answered your questions on the correct post? :)

1.5K Messages

• 

25.4K Points

Yep. I did find it and answer your questions. lol :)

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

4 years ago

Hey guys. How have u all been. It's been a while since I've posted. Having a problem. I'm 5 months in and my lower left side hurts so bad. Like if I have a toothache. Went to the dentist and took X-rays and nothing is there. She did some adjustments and all seemed fine but it has come back. Like I can't eat and when I press on it, it hurts. Feels like a real bad toothache. I don't know what else to do. I'm going June 6 to get my peanents but I want to get this fixed.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

4 years ago

230 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

lizzy I wished I could help you with your problem. but, I love your videos. are you going to make anymore?

1.5K Messages

• 

25.4K Points

Hey Lizzy, nice to hear from you again. If your dentist didn't find anything with xrays it may be another sore. That's what it looks like to me but I can show my boss tomorrow for his advice. :)

230 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

lizzy I lost your youtube name. can you re-post it?

1.5K Messages

• 

25.4K Points

I wonder???? Hmmmm. Lizzy we saw a patient one day that actually had bone growing??!!! It was pretty crazy as it's very common for bone density to recede not grow.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

She said it may be due to needing an adjustment and I bit on that paper to figure out my bite and they did adjustments but once I got home it started again.

133 Messages

• 

170 Points

3 years ago

Hello Good News i have only one son Kelly Shakeel and he was about going to die after he was diagnosed with Heart cancer and brain problmes, so i was going to Dr and my Dr said he has just three weeks to live, killy is my only son my family and my only best friend, and I couldn't afford to lose him. I started searching for help on-line to make sure my son don’t die, then I found someone name Khan Merriam saying about Dr Sandy, I told him about my problems and he gave me some words of encouragement tell me abut his Herbal medicine that he will do and sent with UPS POST OFFICE WITH MY HOME ADDRESS and he did an sent me herbal medicine and he instructed me on how to go about it, Dr Sandy also said my son will not die that he will be heart cancer free days after using the medicine , I did exactly what he asked me to , now my son that was suppose to live for just two weeks has lived two weeks more and he is very okay , he is fine , just like any other children my son is fine.i was so happy and tell the HERBAL DR about my illness Herpes 2 and ask if he can cure that hes say yes happen again he send me the herbal medicine and use it for 14days too but now me and my son is fine and live a good life, i did not know what to say or do for you papa Srandy all i can do is to tell the word about you and give my life to you pls friends help me thanks him Lesson: Don’t give up in life; 
 HE HAVE CURE FOR THIS ILLNESS. HIV HERPES BODY CANCER HEART CANCER BLOOD CANCER HPV ALS EASY PROBLEM E T C.. 
what ever you are passing through today can be your testimony tomorrow:  Email;  dr.sandyspelltemple@gmail.com  dr.sandyspelltemple@hotmail.com  dr.sandyspelltemple@yahoo.com  OR call Whats App Number +2349031726182 https://www.facebook.com/Drsandy-SPELL-HOME-2-226270587825982/
 THANKS  FOR SANDY..... 

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

15 days ago

I just had all but two teeth extracted and immediate dentures placed on Thursday, 9/10/2020. I am still bleeding, is that normal?
My Issue: I have a full plate on top and a partial on bottom Something about the top denture is off.
The top denture is just too big. The teeth seem too large (long) and the gum pushes up into my nose. My original (damaged) teeth were not this large. Im unable to smile because the top teeth are so big. 
Also, I dont know if its the bite or if its just too big for my mouth, but I am unable close my mouth Properly. I have an overbite.  my jaw hurts from constantly keeping it slightly open.
On the bottom, the gum(?) behind the teeth is just too thick and high (built up). I can feel maybe 2mm of teeth and the rest gum. I also have a huge sore spot under my tongue.

will this be remedied with a soft reline or should I go back in? I already had my post op appt. see photos.

1.5K Messages

• 

25.4K Points

@AngelMarie Hopefully the bleeding has stopped. Salt water rinses should become your "best friend" for the next 6mths. I would rinse at least 3x a day. The Upper will feel huge as it's hard to determine how much swelling you would have to the next person, so when a denture is made we keep in mind making it big enough that it will fit. Don't worry....that will change with time. That's very common for the denture to "push up" into your nose. That's a sign that your gums are already shrinking. All the pink acrylic part above the teeth is called the flange. You can get in for an adjustment and have them trim the top of it to make it shorter so it doesn't push up but it may happen again as your gums are shrinking/healing for 6mths. If it does you have them adjust it again down the road. It's hard to give you some answers as you're not here in person nor can I see pics. Your new teeth may seem big because you had damaged teeth for a long time?? and got used to that. There should be a slight overbite and if you never had one before chance it they made it like that to correct your bite which may take time to get used to. You should be addressing all these issues when you go for adjustments and they should try their best to help you and relieve the denture.  It sounds like you're saying the lower is too thick with acrylic behind your teeth? Is your lower a Partial acrylic with just all pink or a Partial Casting (metal frame) denture?

The soft reline will help a lot of issues but you should be able to go back for adjustments. Sorry I don't see any photos attached on here.  :/

15 Messages

• 

200 Points

14 days ago

Hi i had my immediate dentures for 2 weeks now and i feel  the exterior gum material above and below the teeth are too thick  making my lips not close. i used to be attractive but this ruins everything! they tell me they cant adjust that part, could i file it down myself as its the part covered by my lips and its not affecting the interior fit/suction?

15 Messages

• 

200 Points

yes i can tell its thin but it thickens at the top... do you want like gritting teeth smile?

i will have to take pics later...

1.5K Messages

• 

25.4K Points

I'd like to see your "normal" smile then take a pic of the front of the denture where you have issues.

15 Messages

• 

200 Points

hopefully these will help... i believe it might be the exterior flange on sides

15 Messages

• 

200 Points

this was before my extraction... now my lips dont touch and looks like i have a mouth full of marbles... :(

15 Messages

• 

200 Points

after extractions with dentures in