Skip to main content
Denture Living Community
A

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

Wed, Mar 24, 2021 8:46 PM

How should I tell my friends that I am wearing dentures?

I am in mid 30s and extracted all teeth last year and got dentures. I am working with my dentist to get implants later this year. I have been wearing mask because of Covid and only 2-3 of my co workers know my situation. As the Covid cases are reducing, I guess the day with no mask is coming sooner or later. How do I tell them that I am wearing dentures? It will be annoying to tell everyone as I know they will ask. Anyone had this experience? Please share if you don’t mind. Thank you. 

Responses

46 Messages

• 

766 Points

18 d ago

Don't tell them. One thing I did all the time when I first got mine was tell everyone.  A lovely older gentleman said - Jayme - you look amazing - don't tell people. Unless they fall out on the floor in front of them.. they don't need to know!!!!!

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

Very true that they don’t need to know. But what do I say when they ask what I have done with my teeth. My teeth had gaps and Not straight before. It’s very noticeable once I don’t wear mask. 

46 Messages

• 

766 Points

Tell them you have dentures!! No big deal.. no shame - love your new teeth and smile... why on earth would you want to hide it - and you no doubt have spent alot of money ... so TELL THE WORLD!!

Who cares... I sure don't...... 

Enjoy..

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

18 d ago

If they ask, just tell them you had a lot of expensive dental work done...they don't need to know more.