C

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 3:20 AM

Dentures Southern California please help!

I've been trying so hard to find a dentist who can make a set of dentures without putting so much fear in me by telling me I'll be "MISERABLE" if I don't get implant supported dentures at the whopping cost of $30k....$50k....$80k etc. Especially with the lowers they say. 

If y'all haven't heard of Dr Jiro Abe from Japan, he has a lower suction denture technique most everyone is a candidate for. Look in YouTube for the video "what is suction denture?" To see for yourself. 

Here's the video link

https://youtu.be/Yle22sHjmMk

They make these in Canada for the same cost as here in the USA for a regular good quality denture set that DON'T NEED IMPLANTS to stay in securely without adhesives. But why would anyone here want this if they can push you into financing the equivalent of 2 nice cars? Plus implants can & have had horrible problems. Only thing is...Canada isn't just a short drive away. A follow up appt means returning to Canada & now with this pandemic debacle .... Ugh! So what to do? Canada has these denture centers EVERYWHERE. 

Does anyone know of a great prosthodontist or dentist near orange county ca or southern California that has had a GREAT denture experience with? Somewhat Affordable too? There's only 1 who says he can do this Jiro Abe suction technique in mira mesa (San Diego) but his wife was like a gate guard dog & they really overcharge JUST for a consult appt. If they were SO confident about their work, they wouldn't overcharge so much. They almost have you feeling it's better to go to Canada. They'd gain more patients if they charged a nominal fee for the consult really. I'd have already gone there if this was the case. I'm considering surrendering & going to aspen dental in the desert... palm springs area. Can someone give me good recommendations please? I'd be so grateful. 

Responses

89 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

3 m ago

There is one of these dentists in southern Indiana who makes the lower plate suction denture. I think it is Fischer clinic south of Indianapolis. The dentist studied the method in Canada.  Search online for them. Or make your own dentures. Do Your Own Dentures on Facebook.

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

@eleanorlebrecht 

I think fischer is in Canada it sounds so  familiar but I'll check anyway. Thank you 💙 I'm hoping to find someone in southern California if possible who can at least make full dentures that fit well enough to forego adhesives. Maybe aspen Dental?

245 Messages

• 

4.6K Points

Aspen dental?  Really?  Have you read the reviews?  You are SO CLOSE TO MEXICO, bro/bra.  

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

I've been to Mexico & the one place that was so highly recommended flat out lied to me.... It's a long story but no Mexico. I can pay someone here I've saved the money for good quality dentures, I'm just not wanting to go up to 20k or more.. That seems ridiculous to me. MAYBE I'd spend up to 18k for only the 2 lower implants including full sets upper & lower.. but normal to me seems more like around 8k for an excellent dentist who can get them to fit without implants & without my face looking like it's caved in when i put them in my mouth. I swear if that wife wasn't so heartless in San Diego for that dentist who does the jiro abe suction lowers I'd have already started the work with them. Dentists who charge too much just for a consult can make so much money just doing mostly consults & no actual dental work. I actually need the work done. 

(edited)

89 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

I had a horrific experience at Aspen Dental and they all have the same business money  (making model ) there is a Facebook group Stop Aspen Dental. Go there and read.

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

Ok so if not aspen gosh I haven't found one dentist that has many great reviews... I just don't know what to do. Since we might be going on another lockdown I'm going to pause a bit but I do want to actually find "the one."

I've called dental schools...no real help. Read reviews...same... Now I'm here.

I'm in Orange County California & could drive a bit of someone is really great.... Please someone has to know a way to locate a great denture dentist in California.... Perhaps I should just move to Canada for a year lol... Rent somewhere until it's all done. No kidding they have the absolute best denture centers there all who make the lower suction dentures with an in house lab... If someone else gets the training for it here in California goodness that would be a dream. So frustrating the greed of these implant dentists in the USA.... 

17 Messages

• 

706 Points

3 m ago

CuriousGG

I don’t know your story. I’m interested to know what stage you’re at; are you still wearing immediate dentures and looking for new permanent ones, or are you much further down the road and having issues?

I’m in Australia so can’t recommend a Prosthodontist for you, but you mentioned a pause …

I had terrible problems with my immediate dentures, really only wearing them when I went out for obvious aesthetic reasons.  I  waited 2 years to get my permanent ones so that the massive bone loss in my lower jaw (that happens to all of us), was basically done. And I haven’t looked back since. That was 3 years ago and I have great suction with my upper and lower dentures (they’re not suction dentures, just regular ones) and have not needed any adhesive!

I just thought I’d reach out and say have you thought about having a trip to Aus, a great holiday and get them done here?!?

Most websites here quote up to $AU4000 for a full set of dentures (upper & lower).

I did pay more than that - I think I paid a total of about $10,000 for 2 sets: immediate & permanent. That was a few years ago. 

I looked online and there are Prosthodontist’s in Queensland that trained in Japan under the inventor himself. 

Returning to your pause:

Why not take advantage of Covid19 lockdowns etc, save your $$, do your research, and then hopefully the world will open up again and if you can’t find someone near home, travel to get them done. I know Australia is a long way away and flights are expensive (btw our borders are CLOSED atm!) but surely it might be an option if you’re looking at $20,000 there for dentures alone!

Hope this helps and gives you food for thought …

Good luck in your search, do your research, and I hope you have a great final outcome like I have, both functionally and aesthetically.