Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

Mon, Mar 19, 2018 10:47 PM

Are dentures made in the original structure as your real teeth?

I have need to know about impressions asap. I have to do them tomorrow. I have horrid teeth. My whole life they have been very uneven, my eye teeth overlapped the other teeth next to it, kinda growing above them. One of them is still intact in my mouth, the other is gone. When they do impressions am I going to get back the same dreadful set of teeth I am extracting or will they Make them straight and pretty? I am now terrified to do this whole thing thinking I am going to have my ugly horrid teeth placement as they were. I have waited my whole life to learn how to smile a real smile. Please let me know.

Responses

87 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

3 years ago

They set up the teeth straight

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

3 years ago

No they will be straight

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

3 years ago

Phew thank you so much. I'm so excited. Lime I'm gonna jump out of my skin!!! It's hapening...it's really happening it's all I can to is not ...cry! Thank you.

160 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

3 years ago

It will take getting use too.. I got uppers 10 days tomorrow , I have healed well no pain but will be frustrating can’t eat yet, yes soup soft food liquid until gums heal ... my uppers look great for temporary ‘s have to have some adjustments tomorrow .. but in 4 mos to 6 mos get my permanent oh hope u going for Comfyltes .. best for the money .. Good Luck and have blessed night

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

3 years ago

I am just at the temp stage. Will they like show me sample teeth or something? I only had the consultation, the pricing done the first visit. I called today and the set the ball rolling. I did t thinkit would be so quick to be honest . I broke another tooth in the front over the weekend and cannot bare to look at myself. That's why today I just made the decision to do it. Financially not in a position to but I just can't be like this. I want small cute teeth not anything like I have now. So I hope there some choice somewhere.

160 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

3 years ago

They will show options but just be upfront with Dentists .. I’m in Temporary stage now kinda drives me nuts getting use to them .. just uppers not bottoms .. and if can afford get comfylytes ... cost more but worth it .. I’m 10 days out had no pain since first day .. been pleased with that for I have a real real fear of dentist big time... I use Aspen Dental and they been great

89 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

3 years ago

The teeth are made from acrylics. Your teeth will come out very beautiful and straight. The impressions are only done to get the size of your mouth gums Etc. You should beable to pick the color of your teeth. I picked the 2nd from the whitest. I thought the whitest was to fake looking. I dont understand how they do teeth now days. When I had my teeth done they pulled out all my top teeth and all my bottom teeth and gave me my new teeth. What that did was it stopped the bleeding and made my gums clot up and I didn't have to worry about getting a dry socked in one of my gums. A dry socket is caused by drinking out of a straw or smoking. It causes the blood clot to come out and your left with a dry socket. This is very painful. Its worse then a abcessed tooth. If you dont get yout teeth immediately i warn you dont smoke or drink thru a straw. Getting them done all at once was wonderful. I had no pain really. And I had new beauitiful teeth. I had to go in for a couple realignments as my gums were shrinking. But once my gums were done shinking I got my pernament teeth. I wish i new why they dont do them all so you can get it all over with. Heal and get new teeth. Me personally would have never got my teeth pulled without getting a immediated denture to wear. I wear them at all times. No one even knows i have them. Not even my family. A dentist at a club once told me, you have got the most beautiful smile ever and I cannot believe that he did not notice that I had dentures in. Anyway sweetie you will love them. Dont be afraid. Are you getting them pulled and getting your immediate denture or do you have to wait.

89 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

3 years ago

The teeth are made from acrylics. Your teeth will come out very beautiful and straight. The impressions are only done to get the size of your mouth gums Etc. You should beable to pick the color of your teeth. I picked the 2nd from the whitest. I thought the whitest was to fake looking. I dont understand how they do teeth now days. When I had my teeth done they pulled out all my top teeth and all my bottom teeth and gave me my new teeth. What that did was it stopped the bleeding and made my gums clot up and I didn't have to worry about getting a dry socked in one of my gums. A dry socket is caused by drinking out of a straw or smoking. It causes the blood clot to come out and your left with a dry socket. This is very painful. Its worse then a abcessed tooth. If you dont get yout teeth immediately i warn you dont smoke or drink thru a straw. Getting them done all at once was wonderful. I had no pain really. And I had new beauitiful teeth. I had to go in for a couple realignments as my gums were shrinking. But once my gums were done shinking I got my pernament teeth. I wish i new why they dont do them all so you can get it all over with. Heal and get new teeth. Me personally would have never got my teeth pulled without getting a immediated denture to wear. I wear them at all times. No one even knows i have them. Not even my family. A dentist at a club once told me, you have got the most beautiful smile ever and I cannot believe that he did not notice that I had dentures in. Anyway sweetie you will love them. Dont be afraid. Are you getting them pulled and getting your immediate denture or do you have to wait.

50 Messages

• 

942 Points

3 years ago

They will be straight they will make. them fit your mouth

87 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

3 years ago

If you had a crooked tooth that you liked you can always ask the dentist to make sure the lab sets the teeth up that way. If you don't then they will be straight

27 Messages

• 

512 Points

So they can make a tooth you liked? I was rather fond of my canine slightly larger and pointer than the rest. I was also curious about the shape will it follow my jawline better?? And my temp set has a huge overbite I'm waiting to see if this shrinks down any as my gums do. But I really only want the small overbite I naturally had.