Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Fri, Feb 19, 2016 6:06 PM

Affordable Dentures

I recently visited a Affordable Denture facility to have my teeth replaced with dentures. The initial visit - consultation went smoothly and was excited about getting the procedure completed. I made my appointment date in 3 months. I did not receive a courteous call to remind me of the appointment. The night before my appointment I went on line to review some comments about Affordable Dentures and most were negative.  The day of my appointment I was called into the exam room and the first remark the assistant made was "You have not been here in 90 days, were you informed our prices increased, I will need to review your chart and give you a new estimate (this was one of the comments I reviewed, price gauging). I informed her I reviewed some comments on the web and most were negative, she looked at me and said " No one is forcing you to have the procedure done here!" I remark back, " With an attitude like that, I will not be having my procedure done here!"  She informed me to have a good day.  I would not recommend using this establishment for any dental work. 

Responses

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

5 years ago

Yes you're paying for one set and getting 2 but it sounds like to me at those prices you're basically paying for 2 sets and the immediate denture can be like the permanent alot thinner because a Reline is acrylic material. Basically the same material the denture was made of and during the reline it is trimmed to be thin where it needs to be and acrylic added where the denture is ill-fitting and loose.

221 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

Josie, the immediates are made thicker, here. More material to work with for adjustments. Places, like mine, use the immediate as a tray to do your impression for your permanent set for, as they claim, a better fit than using a tray. If people get one set, they typically do a hard reline. I chose, like others, to be able to get a second new set for a better fit and to make any adjustments to how the teeth looked, etc. Unfortunately, it's more expensive in the states.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

I didn't pay 1300. I paid 1,039 for my set(s) of immediate and permanent. For me personally I wouldn't or don't mind having an extra set. And like Annie says they do things different here in states.

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

Okay that makes a little sense. It's hard for me to tell because I'm not there. lol. The immediates we make here and I'm only speaking about the Clinic I work for feel a little thicker and bulky but once we process the hard reline they are an accurate fit. :)

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

I see the Aspen Dental commercial all the time. It's on like crazy over here. lol

221 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

The other issue is that some places don't have labs on site (Aspen does). You'd be toothless until they were done. When they did my impressions for my permanent set, I had to sit there for 2 hours, in their waiting room, no teeth. Some of the people at this office, have the empathy of a shoe so they couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to go back to work and then come back. Sure, deal with the public while toothless. I'm not that confident.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

5 years ago

Here are my set of temp dentures

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

5 years ago

I was brushing them so there might still b a lil food on them. Lol

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

5 years ago

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

5 years ago

Those look similar to my permanent dentures!

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

5 years ago

Yes hard to notice on pics but they seem fine. Once the healing is all done we do a hard reline and there is no more thickness or looking toothy or bulkiness, but not all labs do that here either. My employer happens to be confident enough to make the immediate set into a permanent one we have never had an issue. Yes things are definitely done differently there and that's ok. Like  I said, pictures are hard to tell and types of material being used and type of teeth. That's all a factor in your price so now I understand. Thank you for explaining how things are done there! :)

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

5 years ago

Oops! Looks like I hit a nerve!

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

Take the dentures out and let your gums rest. That should help your nerve....

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

Not my nerve.... Yours! LOL

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

Uh yea.... I knew what you meant.

54 Messages

• 

742 Points

a year ago

Dentures are really a boon for those who have no teeth.