Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Fri, Feb 19, 2016 6:06 PM

Affordable Dentures

I recently visited a Affordable Denture facility to have my teeth replaced with dentures. The initial visit - consultation went smoothly and was excited about getting the procedure completed. I made my appointment date in 3 months. I did not receive a courteous call to remind me of the appointment. The night before my appointment I went on line to review some comments about Affordable Dentures and most were negative.  The day of my appointment I was called into the exam room and the first remark the assistant made was "You have not been here in 90 days, were you informed our prices increased, I will need to review your chart and give you a new estimate (this was one of the comments I reviewed, price gauging). I informed her I reviewed some comments on the web and most were negative, she looked at me and said " No one is forcing you to have the procedure done here!" I remark back, " With an attitude like that, I will not be having my procedure done here!"  She informed me to have a good day.  I would not recommend using this establishment for any dental work. 

Responses

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

5 years ago

With all due respect, after receiving the letter, I actually confirmed that they (at least this one, but was told) are all corporate owned. I have only the information that was given to me by the Dentist and the office manager to base my statements on.

I hope that I didn't offend anyone by using the term "suits", especially since up until 2 1/2 years ago I too was a "suit" for one of the largest health insurance carriers in the USA.

I do appreciate your input Allen!

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

I feel it is appropriate for me to recant my statement! I just got off the phone with another Affordable Dentures, I flat out asked if they were franchises or corporate owned. They are indeed owned by the Dentist and I, PERSONALLY, APOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE THAT I HAVE DISAGREED/ARGUED WITH REGARDING THIS MATTER!

I was lied to by the entire office staff and feel completely betrayed! Perhaps this dentist works for another dentist that owns it, I don't know and frankly don't care!

I'm tired of lies! I'm tired of being lied to, lied about, and accused of lying.

I came here searching for help, which I received! I then got to a point that I could help others, so I do.

I have made some terrific friends in here, but now it seems that so much of what I say turns into an argument, name calling and unsubstantiated accusations.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

I too have made terrific friends here, u being one of them and it sucks that you are going through this. I pray that all works out for u because you deserve peace of mind and you pay for what you want. Don't settle Alicia. This is your money and ur teeth. Good luck to u

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

Thank you Lizzy! You are one of those 'Terrific friends' I was referring to!

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Awe. Tear;)

63 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Alicia -- you've been nothing but helpful to me. I hope that things work out well for you.

10 Messages

• 

262 Points

5 years ago

I've lost track of whether AD is Affordable Dentures or Aspen Dental.  In any case, I just looked on Google maps and found that there is an Affordable Dentist just 15 minutes from my home.  I need to fit dental work into my social security income.  This forum is the best help I've had for sharing with other dental patients.  Thanks.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

5 years ago

AD IS Afforadable Dentures. Aspen is well Aspen Dental. Lol. If I was living in Ontario I would probably b headed to ur clinic Josie. Thanks for all your advice. Since I am really new to this whole denture stuff.

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

Aweee that's very sweet lizzy. Thanks! :) I'm really confused why most of you get 2 sets of dentures? We offer a great quality set of teeth and acrylic and you only need to use your 1 set and it's a 6 mth process. Many places are different obviously. :)

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

I guess so. From what I've read a lot of people get immediate dentures then 6-1 year get the permanEnt set. But anyways. I'm going on 3 months on 3/22 and I think I've accomplished so much.

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

Yes but why can't you use the immediate dentures? I wish I could see them and knew the quality.  We don't make you get 2 sets. Only 1 and it's done right, but of course a 6mth process.

63 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

My immediate dentures are my permanent ones. I will be having a hard reline done sometime next month at the location that has a lab.

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

That's great. Good to hear you didn't buy 2 sets like I've seen on here. You're so close. Yay!  Wait....did you say you're going in 1 mth which will be your 4 mth mark?  Once that final reline is done your denture especially your upper should fit very snug and you'll feel like a million bucks! Hope it goes well with you! :) :)

10 Messages

• 

262 Points

5 years ago

Thanks, lizzy

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

5 years ago

I have an appointment with Aspen Dental in week. Hopefully all will go well. I went on line and they received all positive reviews.  I will keep you posted.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

5 years ago

I didn't buy two sets of dentures. The cost of the highest denture I got was 1,300 so even if I had the immediate a I have now these would be my permanents. I guess they make an extra set so you could have a spare. I'm not sure. But everywhere I had researched had the same. Immediate set with permanent denture after a year.

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

Good thing you only got 1 set. A spare is great to have at the consumers choice. :)

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

5 years ago

Josie said earlier:

Josie

Oh wow! We charge $ 1044.00 CAD for an Immediate Complete Upper denture. 1 mth Tissue conditioner is included and approx $243.00 CAD for a 6mth Reline.  

Here is why I got 2 sets:
I paid $1020.00 (plus $70 each for 27 extractions). For that price I get a full upper and lower denture, at 4-6 mo. a hard reline and at the one year mark I get a new set which will be a lot thinner, lighter and better fitting than I believe any reline is going to be. I've got a lot of wiggle room in these immediate dentures (at least 1/8" on each side on the uppers), If a hard reline is anything like the soft relines I've done, they make the denture weigh about 3 times as much as without it, and it leaves a ledge to catch food.

Sounds to me like up north you don't get 2 sets... but you are still paying enough for two.

Everything I'm getting is less than they charge for 1 set of uppers. I 

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

I, like Ken, had the same deal. A couple of minor differences - my extractions were more expensive as had to go to an oral surgeon due to health issues. Also, along the way, I received as many soft relines as I felt I needed. I paid $1,015 for the whole thing. Due to the error in the lab, when they fixed my hard reline they gave me a set of brand new 2nd from the best dentures at no additional cost. When I got my permanent teeth, they gave me a set of the best teeth, again at no additional cost. I now have 2 beautiful sets of teeth. Heaven forbid something were to happen to these, I have a spare!

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

5 years ago

Yes but no offense Keith, you did mention earlier that you are cheap! Also almost everything in Canada is more expensive than in the US and our $ is horrible now. We don't pressure someone on buying 2 sets because we are good enough that when the reline takes place it's an accurate fit. Another thing yea there are Alot of crappy materials out there I can't believe some of the dentures that have came through our door. Crappy material crappy dentures. Quality over quantity! Annnnd extractions here are no less than $100 per tooth unless you to go the butcher! Btw...If you read one of my posts I did say that depending on what kind of immediate you have made then 2 sets are the best however at our clinic we make them good enough you only need a reline. Soft reline are not the greatest that's why they're Temps and a reline should be acrylic material. Ohhh and most dentists over here tell people they need 2 sets but they do their research and realize one is sufficient enough.

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

5 years ago

And if your set Keith is any good then that's great! I was speaking in regards to seeing posts of pple paying like $4000.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

5 years ago

We r not buying 2 sets so I don't understand y you keep saying people buying 2 sets. We are paying for one set but getting 2. The permanent dentures will be a lot thinner and lighter like ken says. And like I said before I paid 4,256 that's for uppers and lowers and extractions. A lot of places charge different prices for extractions so that's y mine were so much.