Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Fri, Feb 19, 2016 6:06 PM

Affordable Dentures

I recently visited a Affordable Denture facility to have my teeth replaced with dentures. The initial visit - consultation went smoothly and was excited about getting the procedure completed. I made my appointment date in 3 months. I did not receive a courteous call to remind me of the appointment. The night before my appointment I went on line to review some comments about Affordable Dentures and most were negative.  The day of my appointment I was called into the exam room and the first remark the assistant made was "You have not been here in 90 days, were you informed our prices increased, I will need to review your chart and give you a new estimate (this was one of the comments I reviewed, price gauging). I informed her I reviewed some comments on the web and most were negative, she looked at me and said " No one is forcing you to have the procedure done here!" I remark back, " With an attitude like that, I will not be having my procedure done here!"  She informed me to have a good day.  I would not recommend using this establishment for any dental work. 

Responses

10 Messages

• 

262 Points

5 years ago

I'm glad you found that out in time.  I finally found a very good dentist, and the final bill was about 300 over the initial quote.  Perhaps I'm getting jaded, but I've found it necessary to get personal referrals for all professionals as well as used cars, etc.  I happen to get mine from people at church, but that's just me.  Good luck finding the right dentist.

221 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

5 years ago

I'm glad you found out beforehand.

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

5 years ago

That's too bad. It's a good thing you were informed before proceeding. Lack of Patient Care unfortunately, which I would never do.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

5 years ago

Wow. That's very unfortunate. I went to Aspen dental. They were very nice to me. There was a day that my procedure was to be done and I didn't know my debit card had a limit so when I tried to pay it wouldn't go through. I called the bank and had them remove it. They said wait 15 min. So Aspen said we will wait. Unfortunately it never worked and I had to go home. I cried so much but they made me an appointment for a few days later. Mind u Xmas was only a few days away and I wanted the procedure so bad. I did it on 12-22-15 and they were wonderful. I can only hope u find someone who will treat u with respect and get u what u need and deserve.

221 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

I'm glad it went well with aspen dental . They were somewhat nice to me until I received my permanent dentures. Then they didn't want to fix the problem. I noticed that corporate grades them. A- F mine had an A for getting people in a B for starting work and a D for completion. I am nosy and saw it on their computer screen. I think some of their offices worry way too much over their grades than making people happy.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Very true Annie and that shouldn't b the case. We spend our hard earned money to get quality teeth. I mean this is our smiles and life for god sakes. We can't talk to people with ugly teeth. I mean I did for 8 years and it is just horrible. So they need to focus more on service than just a grade.

221 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

Mine look good. I have issues with the fit. Bites straight on

4 Messages

• 

106 Points

Affordable Dentures product quality and service is very subpar. I would not recommend this company to anyone, especially the location in Tracy, California. I first had a partial upper denture created at this location back at the end 2013 the retainer clip broke of within a few days. This retainer clip was repaired. This repair job lasted about three months and then broke off again. So since the partial denture had subsequently become to lose fitting as well I decided to have the partial denture relined and the retaining clip fixed when I went back. This appoint resulted in the denture being misshapen where it near fit correctly afterwards. In addition the metal wire material, which made up the retainer clip was changed to an incorrect diameter, did not allow my partial to comfortably connect to my adjacent teeth. Despite numerous attempts to get Affordable Dentures to correct these problems with my partial over the last three years the could never 100% solve the problems. After almost three years I finally gave up on the partial denture and had the last eight of my top teeth extracted and went a full top denture mad by someone other than Affordable Dentures/Tracy. I suggest that anyone considering using this organization find another dental professional.

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

5 years ago

I'm curious if any of you have ever gone to a Denture Clinic?

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

No I haven't. I don't know if they have a denture clinic in Corpus Christi Texas

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Aspen had a lab on site as well.

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

I guess things are different in the United States. I work at a Denture Clinic in Ontario (Canada) and we are able to see patients but labs can't.  Going through a dentist is more expensive as well.

221 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

I know I'm limited to where I can go due to insurance. Aspen dental and brightnow dental were the only two I could choose from. I'm hoping that I will be able to go to a denture clinic when I'm ready to replace what I have.

63 Messages

• 

1K Points

Sorry, I didn't see all your posts so I don't know what kind of denture you got. When do you plan on replacing what you have? You shouldn't have to replace it for a while...

52 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

5 years ago

I went to Affordable Dentures. I went there because they have a lab on site.

63 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

5 years ago

I was considering Affordable Dentures, but ended up going with a Dentist in my area with 5 locations, 6 dentists and a lab at their main location. It was more expensive, but they have been great! Also, for the appointments that were more expensive (several extractions, paying for the dentures ect) I was given the option to pay installments, but they also gave a discount for paying day of service. As a result I have received quite a discount for paying everything day of service.

1 Message

• 

80 Points

5 years ago

Affordable Dentures is a franchise. Therefore, each one is run with its own customer service "policies". There were two near me and (on yelp reviews) one had 1 star (major complaints) and the other had 4.6 out of 5 stars.

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

5 years ago

I went to affordable dentures cause I'm cheap. They showed me the top of the line,and I said show me something cheaper. They showed me next step down and I said cheaper, I want to see something REAL cheap and they handed me a mirror!

221 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

I love your sense of humor.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

So do I. Ken is so cray cray. I love it.

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

5 years ago

I have had a great experience with Affordable Dentures, right up to the day that I received a letter stating that they are closing the only one near me. The next closest is over 70 miles away. If you have read much about me, then you know that I am disabled and cannot drive that far, which forced me into my permanent dentures 6 months before the dentist wanted to do them.

It was after receiving this letter that I found out that AD is corporate owned. There will be "suits" in the office tomorrow and I will be there as well! There is no way that they didn't know 6 months ago that they were going to close this office, thereby leaving many people worse off than my self, up the creek without a paddle!

I will not be leaving there without answers!

I'll keep you posted!

221 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

Aspen dental is a franchise, as well. I'm lucky in the respect that it's close but I have options. So not right that they did that to their clients.

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

I'm quite upset about it! I was so close to going to Aspen, but money is a HUGE factor since I went on disability and AD was cheaper, plus they have been in my area the longest, so I felt safer going with them. Here I am 6 months later (actually 9 months because I started the process in May, but my mother-in-law passed away in June, followed by several other family/personal friends passing away) and not only have I read such good things about Aspen (which I didn't find this site until 3 weeks after E day), but they have since built and opened a 2ND Aspen location 2 blocks away from AD!

I assure you that I will not be leaving my meeting with the corporate people tomorrow without a complete refund or a signed document stating that they will reimburse me for ALL expenses related to my travels to and from the other location!

I shouldn't have to need, let alone pay for, soft relines in my permanent dentures so soon after receiving them! :-)

28 Messages

• 

520 Points

Is Sexton Dental Clinic also a franchise like Aspen?  I keep putting off getting extractions, tori surgery and partials because of all the horror stories I read about, especially coming from people who went to clinics.  I may just let them fall out and look like snagglepus (for a while).  

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Never heard of that place. I went to Aspen and they were great but that's here in Texas. I had read bad reviews but when I went there they treated me so good. Never left me in pain during my process.

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

I never heard of aspen before getting online here, but they sound like they are somewhere between AD and a normal dentist. They are a little more expensive than AD but sounds like you get better personal service. My mother-in-law got good teeth from AD, my temps are ok but loose, but they messed up on my wife's. My sister-in-law went to a regular dentist and they really  messed hers up, so I don't know. 
My wife has  a very low gum ridge on bottom and they left her with an overbite. Not a good combination. And they don't sit like they are supported evenly. They rock when she eats.