Skip to main content
Denture Living Community
D

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

Wed, Dec 30, 2020 3:27 AM

Why so much leftover adhesive in my mouth

I've had my dentures for about 3 weeks. Haven't really found adhesive that holds the bottom plate in. I'm not putting that much adhesive on the bottom. Just what I seem to need to keep them in. As soon as I eat, they come loose. When I take them out to apply more I notice that there is no adhesive left on the denture, and a whole lot in between my gum and bottom lip. Why does it come off the denture like that? I've tried Fixodent and poly grip. Neither holds well. My dentist tells me I will probably need a few implants to anchor the bottom plate in place. My bottom ridge is very narrow. In the meantime while I get used to the dentures and make all the adjustment that need to be made, what can I do to keep the adhesive from wearing off the denture and accumulating in my mouth? At the end of the evening I end up spending like 10 minutes trying to scrape/scoop the adhesive out of my mouth. There has to be a better way.

Responses

19 Messages

• 

440 Points

25 days ago

I'm three years in and still haven't solved this issue. It's the one thing that keeps me from wanting to wear my teeth. 

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

25 days ago

Lower denture stabilizers are an option to help you lessen your need for lots of adhesives.  Sometimes they can elminate the need for ahesives completely.

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

What are they? More info plz. TY.

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

They are small "wings" for lack of a better term that you add to the tongue side of your denture.  Your tongue then rests on them, stabilizing your lower denture.  stabildent.com

2 Messages

• 

72 Points

25 days ago

How much adhesive do you put on? You need to use something heavier to keep your lower denture from floating around. Have you tried any relines yet?