C

82 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 4:36 AM

What Food Do You Eat Without Dentures?

Hi Everyone.    I was wondering if your dentures are falling off and adhesive does not work,  what food do you eat without the dentures? How do you manage to eat?   I’m going to have the same problem when I lose all my teeth.

Responses

17 Messages

• 

230 Points

10 m ago

So I’m 6 days in after full mouth extraction. Even though I was able to get immediate dentures, I can’t eat with them in, so I take them out. So far, for me, meats are a no. I can eat noodles if they are cooked extremely tender and I’m able to eat bread as long as it’s soft. I started with mainly soup and mashed potatoes and milkshakes. I have read that once you toughen up your gums that you can pretty much eat anything you want. But I also read that eating without teeth causes the jaw a lot of strain and work and that is overall bad for your health. 
I would definitely start soft and then work your way up. According to other posters, after time, your diet isn’t limited to much but nuts and hard candy. 

20 Messages

• 

342 Points

9 m ago

Cotton Candy. It melts in your mouth. Course I’m on Day 13. 

20 Messages

• 

342 Points

9 m ago

I’m on Day 13. Today I ate a hotdog, very carefully, a grilled cheese sandwich and French fries. Takes me a long time but I refuse to not try. I have full upper and a bottom partial, but can’t wear the partial due to pain and waiting on a reline appointment. 

12 Messages

• 

174 Points

9 m ago

I'm 61 and had severe gum disease so had all the upper teeth removed. I'm on day 6 of full upper extractions, same day, healing denture. I made sure I took my pain meds the first 3 days, I literally had no pain. Eating has been a challenge. I have an immersion blender that has worked wonderful. I eat yogurt, smoothies with fruit, leafy spinach, protein powder and yogurt, all blended. I froze a bunch to have on hand, before my surgery. I also use the blender to mix cooked oatmeal with a banana added, for breakfast. Applesauce goes down good. I also blend broccoli soup, bean soup. I cannot wear my teeth while eating. They slip around, and I can't get the reline done for another week yet. Also the roof of my mouth is sore. I still have all the sutures in, they will dissolve but I have to rinse my mouth good, and use a diluted peroxide. I also drink the Atkins protein shakes. I get full, but I really miss eating a sandwich or something that's not runny. Good luck!

71 Messages

• 

826 Points

9 m ago

I had chicken noodle soup (minus meat), soft boiled eggs, ice cream (I got sick of real quick), fast food shakes, applesauce, jello, pudding, pretty much baby food. Oh and potatoes too, baked and mashed. No teeth needed if mashed good enough.

239 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

9 m ago

I went 9 months eating with no teeth and I found that you can put pretty much anything into the food processor and make it easy to eat.  I was very happy the day I got chicken salad from the deli and puréed it and discovered it tasted just the same as it did when I had teeth.  Also was delighted to discover you could easily eat cheesecake as is.  And I got to eating ritz crackers with cream cheese because that cracker in particular  will crush easily using your tongue against the roof of your mouth.

my son is in between extraction and snap ons ( for the last year) and he can literally eat Almost anything with no teeth.  Pizza, no problem. Hamburgers, sandwiches etc. no idea how he manages to do it.

27 Messages

• 

330 Points

9 m ago

I have been eating rice noodles with chicken soup, fruit & veggie smoothies for the past 3 weeks. For the first two weeks, I  cut the rice noodles short, so I can just swallow it. Starting the third week, I was able to break the noodles by biting down.  Did you extract your teeth yet?