Skip to main content
Denture Living Community
R

1 Message

• 

78 Points

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 10:53 PM

What denture brand do you recommend? I need new full dentures after 12 years please help!

My bottom denture broke and now am in the market for a new pair after 12 years. Do you have any recommendations for brands / types to consider?  I went to Aspen today however have seen some bad reviews online and now am concerned that might not be the route to go.  They recommended ComfiLyte for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks and Happy New Year!

Responses

9 Messages

• 

204 Points

24 days ago

I went to Aspen, had all of my teeth removed and immediate dentures. I get impressions done for my permanents on Monday 1/4. They have been great to me and for me! They were more expensive than another place I went, and i was nervous because I too read the reviews, but my experience so far has been nothing short of fantastic. Oh and Im getting the comfylites as my perms! 

13 Messages

• 

408 Points

24 days ago

I know it's difficult in choosing a place to buy dentures. I spent almost a year deciding where to go. You did the right thing in researching and looking at reviews. I finally went to a local Affordable Dentures after seeing the reviews for that particular location and found the reviews overwhelming positive. Keep in mind that each location is different and is only as good as the dentist that owns the establishment.

228 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

24 days ago

If you can afford it, then please go to a dentist/denturist/prosthodontist private practice.  If nothing else, please make a "fee free" appointment at at least 3 and tell them you are considering either Affordable Dentures, Aspen or some other mac n'cheese place and they may make you a deal.  Ask what differentiates them from the chains and you WILL be surprised at what you get for maybe less, the same or a few more dollars.  I went to the Affordable Dentures location with the dentist who introduced the implants program, 4 to 6 and not true implants, to Affordable Dentures and they were an outright circus of defensive, dysfunctional, impatient, unkind, uncaring, irresponsible people.  All the dentist actually did was pull my teeth and explain the implant program and then the rest was handled by multiple people, including a trainee; it was an all around horrific experience and I got most of my money back, all but the extraction fee and walked out with a fairly crappy, 4th pair of immediates all within a few months.  Be sure to ask what their policy is, and get it in writing (read everything you sign) regarding refunds for dissatisfaction and check with your local laws about that.  Good luck.

13 Messages

• 

408 Points

@1spicy

I'm sorry to hear about your awful experience with Affordable Dentures. I had a completely opposite experience. I have 4 snap-in posts installed on the lower and have regular dentures on top. I couldn't be happier with their service. I love my snap-in and can eat anything without the worry of them coming loose. As far as the dentist and his staff, they could not have been more pleasant. They took great pride in their work and would go out of their way to accommodate me. Again, research, research, and research. Even private dentists can do terrible work, as I have found out over the years.