Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Fri, Jan 1, 2016 10:00 PM

Tried fixodent and it worked. But gums are not healed properly so my gums bled. Really hurt. Just gotta wait til I heal....

I tried fixodent plus with scope and it did work well. Though it's been only a week since I got my dentures I'm not completely healed. When I took my dentures out, I bled. It hurt. I can see where my teeth were pulled so I know my gums aren't healed. But once they are I will b using fixodent again.

Responses

68 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

5 years ago

Hi, glad to hear an adhesive worked. I am not healed so I won' t be trying anything yet. I have a piece of tooth or bone in the hole where my tooth was. Seems to be a common occurrence but a drag as it is slowing down everything! It has to be removed so will see what the dentist says on Monday.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Hope everything works out for u and u heal great.

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

If you can see the sliver of bone poking through, put some Orajel on it, grab a pair of tweezers and clean them really good with rubbing alcohol, peroxide or even some vodka, then rinse them in hot water, shake off the excess water and pop the sliver right out. It may bleed, if so do a salt water rinse. If you encounter any real resistance then wait for dentist. But I can pretty much guarantee that the dentist will glove up, open a whole tray of tools and pop it out without the numbing agent

Good luck!

68 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi AliciaP, yes, I've heard that's possible. However, this is a solid round lump, no movement. It's wider than my fingernail and fills the whole cavity where the tooth was. Hmmm... Maybe I am growing a new set of teeth?

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

Oh ok, yeah I have 3 of those myself. The dentist at Affordable Dentures told me that I need to go back to the oral surgeon and have them removed. I asked her if it could wait until the beginning of the year when my insurance resets (this was back in September) she said that was fine.

I'm having a different surgery tomorrow and then I have to make an appointment to get these lumps removed!

Good luck to you!

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

5 years ago

Well I shouldn't have put adhesive on due to my gums not being properly healed but I wanted to see if it would make a difference which it did. Although when I removed my dentures my gums bled. Maybe I'll just wait for my gums to heal.

68 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

5 years ago

Hi Lizzy, my comment was cut short. Want to wish you an amazing Happy New Year!!! We now have teeth and will soon be healed, YIPEE!!!!

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Happy new year to u as well. Yes. To happy healing and great smiles!!!!!