Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

146 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

Sun, Mar 31, 2019 2:55 PM

Tips for Using Fixodent Ultra

Can anyone offer advice on how/how much Fixodent Ultra to apply to an upper denture and where. I was hesitant about trying it because of the zinc but, given how effective Fixodent was when my dentist applied it the other day, I thought I'd give it a try. I used it this morning and must have used too much as the denture did not sit properly and was very uncomfortable. I took it out (not easy) cleaned it and put it back in using my trusty Secure. It clearly has excellent hold and I would like to make it work. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Responses

107 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

a year ago

Look at the box it came in.  They nicely included a depiction of how much to use.  I use a bit less than that though.  Some on each side and a dot  on the top and I am good to go.  The Ultra works well on my bottoms too.

146 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

I did Lynn. I followed it and it was clearly too much for me and my denture size. I'll try it again tomorrow and use less. Thanks!

69 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

to take them out my dentist told me to switch water in your mouth and than with your finger pull down gently and they will come loose. too much will cause them to ooze out of your mouth. my problem is removing the glue from the roof of your mouth any help on that

119 Messages

• 

2K Points

In my opinion fixodent is ineffective- one ends up getting zinc poisoning because with Fixodent you have to continue using amounts of it as it just doesn't hold, it does not create or produce retention, it is not binding, thus it is not effective in my opinion at all. But of course this is my opinion. I think the secure is safer and more effective or polygrip. Fixodent just didn't work for me at all, i wasted money twice purchasing two tubes of the stuff and ended up throwing it away.... I now just stick with Dynarex Denture Adhesive unless until I find something that's even better than that....

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

Never heard of Dynarex Denture Adhesive?  Have u tried SECURE OR CUSHION GRIP?

119 Messages

• 

2K Points

I haven't ever used Secure before nor Cushion Grip. I have read alot of great reviews on Cushion Grip and everything about it was positive. Seeing that Cushion Grip is not an adhesive it is a reline, a temporary reline I have yet to use it since I have a reline at present from my dental office. However when this reline that I have is worn out and comes off I will purchase Cushion Grip. Well I may end up trying it before then I just ordered some dentures from ebay so ill have another set of dentures and ill do the reline on it myself and try it out... You can buy anything online now adays i tell you. I just purchased a new set of dentures on ebay for 60 dollars top and bottom. I am going to get it made into a horse shoe so I can see what that is like..

107 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

a year ago

Clydene, getting the glue out of my mouth after I take my teeth out is the biggest issue.  I end up with a glob of it in the roof of my mouth, no matter how little I put there to start with.  I have tried rinsing, brushing.  Usually end up using a fingernail (mine are very short) to catch the back of it and peel it out.  

146 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

Have you tried the Clean It wipes? I got them for the Secure because it is not water soluble. They worked just as well on the Fixodent. And, yes, a short finger nail works too!

107 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

Not yet, but I will be getting some.

119 Messages

• 

2K Points

a year ago

I use a tongue scrapper they are somewhat effective in getting the goop out. I also created something to get the crap out. I cut a piece of plastic from a plastic lid into a round flat scrapper and that helps so I can peel the stuff out. I seem to get the most goop from polygrip thou, even though it works really well it sure leaves behind a large glob of glue. Peroxide helps break up the greasy feel and it helps loosen up some of the stuff. Hot water doesn't do a whole lot for me, a dry towel seems to work the best for me... After all these years of dentures being on the market I am just amazed there isn't a denture mouth wash on the market that dissolves this stuff...

55 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

a year ago

If you buy a dental pick it's easy to snag the glue boogers and get them out. They sell the long handled dental picks at Walmart and they have 2 ends on a long handle just like a hygienists.

119 Messages

• 

2K Points

a year ago

Hi Diane what a wonderful ideal- " Glue Booger HAHA HOOTY HOOT that one made me laugh" OK I'll have to try that

8 Messages

• 

208 Points

a year ago

To remove adhesive frm mouth; I use a wet cotton wash cloth & use a repeated rub / swipe motion then pinch & pull the adhesive off & out. Then use hot water to remove frm washcloth with a light scrapping w fingernails.

14 Messages

• 

448 Points

a year ago

I have pretty good luck using paper towels to wipe off the gook

146 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

a year ago

I can't seem to get the Fixodent right. Today I used too little and the denture fell right out. It is now secure with Secure. Will try again tomorrow.