julie_manis_sims's profile

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Wed, Feb 14, 2018 6:37 PM

Suction Dentures

I would like to know if any one knows of a dentist in the united states that makes the suction dentures . This procedure was started by Dr Jiro Abe. When I search the internet the only dentists that come up are in canada or out of the states. I am very interested in having on made for my lower. I cannot go out to eat without them coming out each and every time. I am so disappointed.

Responses

7 Messages

• 

150 Points

3 y ago

Not sure about the suction dentures. I can say, "Suction does play an important role in keeping my full upper in place." 
I can also say that nothing works as well as the powder for me. I steered away from it in the past, scared it would be chalky. Its works the best for me and has no bad flavor. I can eat steak, apples, peanut butter etc., etc. with the powder. None of that was possible with the paste solution in the tube, for me anyway. May be something that would help you if it applies. 
Good Luck in your search

245 Messages

• 

4.6K Points

3 y ago

There is a specialty dentist is NYC that makes them. He is the one that puts the jagged blades in the back teeth also for chewing. I do not kniw his name right now, working. But google specialty NYC dentures and you will find him.

38 Messages

• 

888 Points

3 y ago

Have you looked into mini implants for your lower?

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 y ago

Sometimes if your ridge is short, you'll have issues with suction. You could always go in for a reline and have them extend your borders longer and see if that works. Most Dentists doesn't offer the suction cup denture.

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

3 y ago

First of all you should return to your dentist and tell
him the dentures you paid for are unacceptable as you can not eat with them.  You have paid for dentures that do NOT fall out
and he is obligated to give that to you.  Return  to him  and explain they  are not acceptable.  It is not your fault it is his fault and he must  make them right or give you a refund.  Otherwise you can go to the dental board and  they will know they are not correct.
What state do you live in???

89 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

3 y ago

Julie Sims I have had dentures for 40 + years. A few months ago I saw a video on U tube for DenSurefit. It is phenomenal. I have tried everything. Nothing worked. I was going through tubes of adhesives. I bought this product and it has lasted over a month now. It is a silacone that sticks to the dentures not your gums. No smell or flavor. If you havent had your denture for very long take it back. If they won't make you a new one turn them in to the better business. The only other thing you can do is get the snap in implants. They are expensive. You can google DENSUREFIT VIDEOS. it tells you all about the product and how to use it. The guy Tim gives alot of advice to make it last even longer. If you decide to get densurefit and have question let me know. I will be happy to help you. Its not hard to do.
Good luck
Sharona

245 Messages

• 

4.6K Points

3 y ago

Google Ultra Suction dentures.  Any lab  or dentist office can include the valves into the dentures they make.  That is, if it's not the dumbass I went to at Affordable Dentures in Albuquerque, New Mexico where you can't even ask a question about the off-center ones they made for me without getting all defensive and crying like little babies.  Can you tell I'm still made and freaked out about it?  lol.

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

3 y ago

Julie if you have had your dentures even up to 2 years you can   have a review of them by the dental society.

First return to your dentist and tell him the denture is not
usable or acceptable and see if he can fix it.  If not you are entiteled to  get  refund and can go somewhere else

If  suction dentures were proven better more dentists would be  using them.  How much more expensive are suction implants??
You should be considering implants as the option.  They are of
course more expensive then regular dentures

Your solution are implants, even mini implants if you can not 
afford regular size  implants
The  Better bussiness Bureau is not the place to go for relief or a refund  from the dentist.   First in order to get  relief you must start with the dentist that made the original denture and ask him to correct the problem.  If he can not do it he must give you a refund
You paid for dentures that can be worn while you eat and speak

1 Message

• 

60 Points

9 d ago

Suction "Dentures" are the biggest Sham to be pulled over on the public by the Denture Industry in the last two centuries!

The 'wings' added to the back of the Lower Denture DO work well, (food does still get under)...but EVERYTHING else they sell you on about the procedure to bring it up to that marvelous price of over $3000 is pure BUNCO. I’m sure Dr Jiro Abe must be livid about how the “Dental Community” is misrepresenting his work.

The entire spiel about "You must get both Upper and Lower 'Suction' Dentures since they won't 'line up' with Regular Dentures" is Garbage!  They are simply creating a 'New, very expensive, procedure for their own pocket books'

The new Lower Suction Denture LINES UP PERFECTLY WITH MY OLD UPPER AND CHEWING IS NO PROBLEM A T  A L L! There is no reason you can not order a Lower Suction Denture and a Standard Upper and have them work together.

I called it Bunco because that is what it is.

What is a bunco crime?

1. bunco - a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property.

Patrick Bradshaw