upstate_guy's profile

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Fri, Mar 20, 2020 7:05 PM

Space in back of upper denture always collects food. Is that normal?

I never got temp dentures. Went immediately to permanent.  Had 4 adjustments and a liner but still don't fit right.  They feel like plastic, don't cut food when I try to chew, food is constantly getting underneath in the rear of the upper denture because there is a gap between the roof of my mouth and the how the denture sits. THEY NEVER stay in place.  I have to use adhesive at least 2 times a day.  It's bad enough the emotional impact of pulling my teeth and seeing myself with no teeth was traumatic.  Are these things normal?  I don't know what the average cost is for upper dentures but I paid close to 2000 dollars.  Please shine some light on this.  Thank you so very much

21 Messages

• 

508 Points

Il y a 2 y

Hi this is one of the reasons peeps go for temps first as gums and jaw forever changing. But i understand cost wise to go straight to perms. No it's not normal for space there for food to get underneath I have same issue with lower right does not cover the gum properly so I will go back for a new impression to be taken and get them to make it go down a little further. Adesives are a trial and error I use polygrip bit messy but sticks them bad boys at the bottom down for at least 8 hours. Once you get the right one you will chew better it will always feel different as we have a huge chunk of plastic there haha. Take smaller bites that's the key then can chew better. Don't know how long you had done but takes a while to get used to it. Chin up it will work out :)

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Il y a 2 y

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm. I asked about temp and the dentist said no we'll go right to the permanent even though I found it strange.  Since Fixodent says  not to use more than once a day because of zinc, I end up using polident at the start of the day and it usually dissolves  throughout the day(weird) so I then use the fixodent. It's really a pain and it's been 5 months.  They also have a tendency to teeter tater like a see saw going back and forth. I'm to the point where I just want new dentures or a new dentist

21 Messages

• 

508 Points

Il y a 2 y

Little tip if you drink tea coffee the warm drinks will soften up the glue quicker wait to cool down a little. If you are really unhappy maybe get another impression done as to me it sounds like your gums have now gone down they are not fitting tight enough maybe look at another dentist also.

16 Messages

• 

440 Points

Il y a 2 y

AWE thats so annoying isnt it, I got temp dentures top and bottoms, Im in my first month right now. I have issues with them staying in without adhiesive LIKE ALOT of issues i cant even move my mouth when i put them in without adheisive or they literally like plop right out, talk about traumatic. lmao. 
I dont know anything about dentures at all really, this is my first rodeo and its tough. I wish you the best with everything upstate guy. I also have issues with them not cutting my food, i still havent been able to actually CHEW anything in a month now. ive lost um 18 pounds its crazy, good thing i work out cuz if i didnt i would probably look like i was sick or something. lmao. GOOD LUCK