Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

20 Messages

• 

386 Points

Thu, Jun 2, 2016 11:36 AM

Sore tongue

My tongue is staying really raw is anybody else have ing this problem I am using the fixodent plus do you think this could cause it or is it from fooling with top of plate ,what can I do for this problem anybody know

Responses

46 Messages

• 

766 Points

4 years ago

I used to have that problem as well. My tongue would burn if I was eating ice cream or drinking a soda.
I think it's from the zinc in the adhesive or maybe thrush.

20 Messages

• 

386 Points

4 years ago

Well I use breathing medicine that requires me to rinse mouth after use to prevent yeast infection in mouth I wondered if both together was making it a lot worse for me

46 Messages

• 

766 Points

4 years ago

That could be possible. I use a asthma inhaler as well.
Try taking some cinnamon vitamins, the cinnamon kills the bacteria. The vitamins are cheap to.
I would also recommend not using the fixodent with zinc and change to another kind of adhesive

10 Messages

• 

220 Points

4 years ago

Stop using it for awhile or check with your doc or dentist. At the moment I'm trying to stop myself from running my tongue over my plate(s) which has led to a sore tongue, not even conscious of doing it. At least I've stopped checking my teeth with my fingers every 5 minutes & pushing the plate up. One step at a time

230 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

I could have typed that message Paul. I am always messing with my bottom and top plates with my tongue.

6 Messages

• 

286 Points

Oh my God, I thought I was the only one doing this! It's like a subconscious thing. And I am jutting my jaw. By the end of the day, I'm exhausted and feel like an idiot.

230 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

lol Mary. After I chew with my left side I push the food up to my top plate all the time. Makes  my tongue sore lol

46 Messages

• 

766 Points

No, I think we all do it. Our mouths never get fully used to the dentures.
TMJ definitely makes it worse. Motrin really helps me with the soreness in my jaw and massaging the jaw/joint area. Never fun having dentures!
My adhesive helps me a ton though! If i didn't have it I would definitely be in terrible pain from the pressure of my jaw.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

Yep

20 Messages

• 

386 Points

4 years ago

I have the secure ordered right now fixodent is the only one that holds the bottoms and yes I keep sucking on the roof of the plate and keep my teeth clinched I have to keep reminding myself to stop but no success so far bad headache everyday

46 Messages

• 

766 Points

4 years ago

Do you have TMJ? That might be why you have a headache. I suffer with it and my jaw line is always a mess with unstoppable headaches, unless I massage my jaw line and take motrin.

123 Messages

• 

2K Points

4 years ago

Hi Debbie! I hope your tongue is feeling a little better by now but if not you should call your dentist. Also try swishing in warm salt water too. 

Karen at DentureLiving