andrommeda_castro's profile

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Thu, May 7, 2020 6:00 AM

Since where in lockdown because of Corona virus can I use sandpaper or a nail filer to make my dentures fit my mouth

3 Messages

• 

102 Points

Il y a 2 y

I don’t think that would work, because you could get them uneven and end up sanding them down to much and that would cost more money to have them redone instead of just letting the lab shave some off. Have you tried using comfort grip? I would definitely try that if you haven’t already, it’ll help make your dentures fit better and you can leave it on your dentures for 4 -6 days & it’ll stay on even through cleaning your dentures daily. Since it coats the inside of your dentures it’ll help keep the top of the denture a tad bit lower and comfortable. Just try it out untill you get the right amount of comfort grip on your dentures to make them feel better. You can add more layers untill it’s just right. Hope this helps! Good luck !

68 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Il y a 2 y

I use Cushion Grip and followed the instructions on a youtube,  video, by a gal by the name of Erie's Adventures, of how to apply it, properly. I got a much better fit than the way Cushion Grip shows you to do it. You can buy it from their web site or amazon and have it delivered to your home. It's under $10 and long time users swear by it. I followed her instructions and mine fit better than they have, in a long time.

3 Messages

• 

102 Points

Il y a 2 y

Yes I totally agree! I even use cushion grip on my new set of dentures, even though my dentures have a great fit I feel like the cushion grip helps to hold them in place, provides a better suction grip, without having to use the regular adhesive type(fixadent, poly grip ect).

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

Il y a 2 y

I have been sanding my own for a couple years. As long as I know exactly what is causing the pain or a sore, I gently sand or file it down. If I’m uncomfortable with fixing it myself I usually just use the adhesive powder which cushions the spot. I wish you the best!