Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Fri, Feb 5, 2016 8:29 PM

SECURE Adhesive...love it

I want to start off by saying that I tried out SECURE denture adhesive and I love it. It lasts for about 18 hours and I can eat and drink without them becoming loose. They are tight and stay tight. You can only purchase this product through Amazon or EBay. It costs about $6-8 depending on whose selling it. I bought 2 and with shopping paid $20.56 which isn't too bad. They also sell a 4 pack which costs $20 and so I wanted to share with you all my review on this adhesive.

Responses

187 Messages

• 

5K Points

5 years ago

I am day 8 from my final 2 extractions (which were the eye teeth) and my immediate full upper denture. I dont have bottom molars, I wont be able to afford a partial for the bottom for quite a while. If I eat my dentures lift off the back roof of my mouth with the fixodent the dr said i could use back there away from the 2 extraction sites. I have a box of Secure ready to use as soon as I get the go ahead. Are you able to eat anything with the Secure, and can it be used with a soft liner?

4 Messages

• 

158 Points

do you know if it has zinc as an ingredient? I know poligrip quit using zinc but I hadn't tried that one yet. I really hope Secure doesn't have it. thanks for anything you can tell me about that :)

187 Messages

• 

5K Points

187 Messages

• 

5K Points

Zinc free

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Yes it is zinc free and water absorbent so ur dentures will not become loose after drinking anything. U do have to wait 15 minutes after u put it in to eat or drink anything.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Yes u r able to eat with secure. But don't over do it. I'm only a month in and I still eat soft stuff. But I am able to eat what I want as long as I cut them in small pieces. It does work well

50 Messages

• 

1K Points

5 years ago

I just got my secure Wednesday n tried it Thursday n it was awesome I ate for the first time yesterday, chewed n no movement from top or bottom dentures. I even chewed a caramel that was a hard candy that goes to soft caramel n still no movement. I was so excited that I'm placing another order for my mom from Amazon. I paid for 4 tube $22.00 which included shipping. And tops are still in bottoms came out last night and no after taste or gunk that was hard to remove at all!! AMAZING!!!!

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

I know Theresa. Ain't it great! Like when I removed my dentures I didn't have all that goop or gunk. It stayed on the denture and not on my gums. Lol. Great product

50 Messages

• 

1K Points

I know!! I was so overjoyed that I felt ridiculous bcuz I seriously wanted to dance. See I lost all of my teeth except 4 of them due to being on multiple medications that caused severe dry mouth. That being said I couldnt afford to have the roots extracted, the bone graft done n dentures made for the top n bottom as they wanted over 10k even with insurance. Then by luck my Aunt called me n told me about a dental clinic she found that offered dental work including dentures done probono for low income people if you're approved n I was lucky enough to be approved. This is another reason for me being overjoyed!! I can finally feel confident n maybe get some of my life back especially knowing that my teeth are securely in my mouth.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

That's great. Happy that u got ur smile back. I love to smile and talk now but sometimes I think I have my ugly teeth. Go on YouTube and watch my videos. My channel is under my daughters name which is Lynndsey ann Chavera. Or look up denture adventure and you'll c my videos.

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

I smiled and talked a lot when I first got mine too, since that was about all they were good for. Now that I have done the soft reline I'm too busy eating. I may be checking out the secure. I've been using powder since day one. Today I used powder on the upper and paste on the lower. Made it through 2 meals with nothing floating around.

187 Messages

• 

5K Points

I cant wait to try it, i miss Tacos!!! I live in west Texas and Mexican food is an everyday thing but i haven't had a crunchy taco in 6 months!!

91 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

5 years ago

It is cheaper here:  http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-10002-secure-denture-adhesive-waterproof-zinc-free-1-4-oz-formerly-sec...
It is $5. or so, with free shipping if you buy $49.00 worth of things on that site.  Do a search on your computer and find the best buys on it.

50 Messages

• 

1K Points

That's great, Amazon also offers free shipping and you don't have to order $49.00 of product.

91 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Ah, sorry...I misread your message and thought the cost at Amazon for Secure was much greater than luckyvitamin. 

50 Messages

• 

1K Points

No, I paid $22.00 for 4 tubes that was all inclusive with tax and shipping. My daughter actually bought it for me.

3 Messages

• 

120 Points

5 years ago

I have just registered for an account at Lucky Vitamin. I take a lot of supplements so I compare costs between a number of souces. This will now become one of them. Another place where Secure can be purchased for less is VitaCost (vitacost.com). It was previously selling there for the same price as it is at Lucky Vitamin right now, but VitaCost has gone up about $0.60. 

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

5 years ago

Lizzy,
i been watching you on youtube... and you said I was crazy? My wife thought I was crazy for posting before xrays, no teeth and new denture pics on facebook.  I am still trying to get my lowers out after using effergrip paste on them today. I'm about scared to try the secure. I might have more permanent dentures than I want. Isn't that what alicia calls "gorilla glue for dentures"? Glad you found something that works!

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

That's the stuff alright! I don't use anything right now since getting my "awesome" temporary teeth - Ken you know what I'm referring to. But we are going out to dinner tonight so I'm going to Secure them in this morning.

Ken, where did you find Efferdent? I had forgotten about that. I think my mom used that once in awhile.

I can't wait to pick up permanent teeth Monday! I know that they feel completely different and much more natural!

12 Messages

• 

334 Points

How long.after getting temps do u get permanent dentures

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

Alecia,
I think it was at wal mart. It was effergrip paste, although they had the efferdent cleanser tablets too. It is zinc free now and a dollar or 2 cheaper than the others. I'm not saying its any better than fixodent or polygrip, but probably just as good. I've not used pastes much. The fixodent and polygrip powder seem to hold pretty good. I used the paste on my lowers and I didn't think it was ever going to let go.  My dentist (AD) talked like I have a pretty high ridge on my lowers and get good suction, at least for now.

Very glad you like the teeth.

Enjoy your night out.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Hey ken. It is like gorilla glue. It holds so tight but if u keep them on long enough it will loosen on its own and comes out fine. I just want people to see my before and after and it makes such a difference when u have teeth. I am a lil crazy ken. Lol but thanks for watching my videos.

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

Hey Alecia,
Don't forget to make him buy you a steak. 

133 Messages

• 

170 Points

3 years ago

Hello Good News i have only one son Kelly Shakeel and he was about going to die after he was diagnosed with Heart cancer and brain problmes, so i was going to Dr and my Dr said he has just three weeks to live, killy is my only son my family and my only best friend, and I couldn't afford to lose him. I started searching for help on-line to make sure my son don’t die, then I found someone name Khan Merriam saying about Dr Sandy, I told him about my problems and he gave me some words of encouragement tell me abut his Herbal medicine that he will do and sent with UPS POST OFFICE WITH MY HOME ADDRESS and he did an sent me herbal medicine and he instructed me on how to go about it, Dr Sandy also said my son will not die that he will be heart cancer free days after using the medicine , I did exactly what he asked me to , now my son that was suppose to live for just two weeks has lived two weeks more and he is very okay , he is fine , just like any other children my son is fine.i was so happy and tell the HERBAL DR about my illness Herpes 2 and ask if he can cure that hes say yes happen again he send me the herbal medicine and use it for 14days too but now me and my son is fine and live a good life, i did not know what to say or do for you papa Srandy all i can do is to tell the word about you and give my life to you pls friends help me thanks him Lesson: Don’t give up in life; 
 HE HAVE CURE FOR THIS ILLNESS. HIV HERPES BODY CANCER HEART CANCER BLOOD CANCER HPV ALS EASY PROBLEM E T C.. 
what ever you are passing through today can be your testimony tomorrow:  Email;  dr.sandyspelltemple@gmail.com  dr.sandyspelltemple@hotmail.com  dr.sandyspelltemple@yahoo.com  OR call Whats App Number +2349031726182 https://www.facebook.com/Drsandy-SPELL-HOME-2-226270587825982/
 THANKS  FOR SANDY.....