stephen_nelson's profile

8 Messages

• 

820 Points

Sun, Oct 16, 2016 8:29 PM

Removed Pallet from Upper Denture

Got dentures but they insisted on giving me an upper pallet, blocking tongue from roof of mouth.  I bought a Dremel Tool and used the plastic cutter with a little olive oil to cut out the center pallet.  I used a Dremel sanding drum to smooth edges.  I had no Dremel experience whatsoever but it was a breeze; no problems.  I did have to rig a little jig, to hold the denture. So far works great with Fixodent Plus.

Responses

48 Messages

• 

252 Points

2 y ago

Get profit of the most healthy denture adhesive cream in the world with up to 45% OFF before Winter Sale ends up at https://shop.olivafix.com/

275 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

2 y ago

Mary Wendling any update on your horse shoe denture journey???

85 Messages

• 

2K Points

2 y ago

I just horseshoed 2 of my set of dentures and it is fantastic.

275 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

2 y ago

I spent 6 months without teeth, because of crappy dentures and bone spurs, I finally got dentures that fit 2 months ago and I have done nothing but struggle, cant eat, cant stand the back of the denture touching the roof of my mouth, after 5 hours they gotta come out, I finally took out my dremel and horseshoed my palate, OMG the last two days I have been able to wear them for most of the day 9-10 hours and I was able to eat, I cut everything up very small, but I DID IT FINALLY!!! Maybe there is hope after all, since september when I had the extractions this has been a nitemare. I am using a paste and the fixodent powder and the top hasnt moved a bit, my bottom teeth I did have to reapply product half way thru the day, I can deal with that. I FEEL HUMAN AGAIN what an amazing difference.

85 Messages

• 

2K Points

Yes, it is amazing isn't it?  Many of the members in Do Your Own Dentures Fb group have  removed the upper palate.

275 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

I honestly think if I didnt do that I would never be able to eat with them or wear them long term, I still get another set in 4 months they should be thinner and have better quality teeth so I will be doing the same with them and hope to be eating everything I love, which isnt much so this has been really hard Im down to 95 pounds , so eating the last 2 days has been awesome. Just take a little at a time and then I bought the do it yourself reline kit for $6 at walmart used 1 on both upper and lower so they have a slight liner .

55 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Ask for a horseshoe upper to begin with. My current one was made that way by affordable dentures. If you are successfully wearing it they should not argue.

275 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

I went there, they wouldnt make me a pair, I did have a pair of their cheapest dentures made though and practiced on them first , so I actually have 2 sets now and will soon have the third I can horse shoe. Cause I have them for affordable, my immediates that I just got at 6 months cause of issues, and I will be getting my permanents in a few months, so Im just hopeful that even though I had to do it myself its working . FINALLY I WANT A PASTRAMI SANDWICH SO BAD LOL

55 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

I get it at first but if you are ALREADY successful with one you stand a better chance they will. I'd try again. The way the professionals polish them is amazing

11 Messages

• 

246 Points

2 y ago

It would be wonderful if the rich would join this group and have raffles for one lucky person to get implants. Hopefully more would join.
That would be a life changer to someone lucky.
We would all be happy if you joined us. It would be like playing Bingo. Please join us.
You would make a difference in someone’s life and we would all raffle in to see who won.
This would be so exciting. If you know someone, pass the word!! Life is a journey;)

2 Messages

• 

72 Points

2 y ago

If you research those implants...you tube and health centered sites you will feel blessed that you do no have them. If you make your own dentures they will fit like a glove and you can have as many sets as you need and adjust them to work very well.

9 Messages

• 

200 Points

2 y ago

I had two pretty inexpensive "mini implants" put in the bottom and now all I do is click the lower denture in and no more problems with them coming loose. Ask your dentist about these "minis". They're great!

9 Messages

• 

200 Points

I just had two of those minis put in the bottom too and they work really well. They're also a LOT less expensive than the full implants.

54 Messages

• 

742 Points

1 y ago

If your denturist has given you a thorough oral examination and pronounced your lower dentition in good shape, but you have teeth in your upper dental ridge that are either already gone or in need of removal, then upper dentures may be all you require.

32 Messages

• 

372 Points

1 y ago

The palate plate on the upper denture can irritate your mouth. It may even trigger gagging. The palate on your dentures is also responsible for difficulty with taste, since it blocks the upper palate, which plays an important role in your sense of taste. Fortunately, with dental implants, you can get rid of that palate plate on your dentures once and for all.

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

Doc? Why are the denture implants soo expensive? I mean its not like they are high tech. They don't take much longer to implant but they are 2 or 3 times the price of standard dentures.

85 Messages

• 

2K Points

They charge because they can. I would not have an implant even if they would pay me.  They are bad for the human body and they can be problematic with expensive upkeep even if they did work out. Read up on them. Watch some you tubers who have had problems with them. You are blessed if you cannot afford them.

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

Woody A - I'm about to get my permanent dentures that I already paid for when I got my temporary dentures. They suggested that I could get implants now and save the cost of the denture down the line. So with the denture part already paid for, the cost of just the implants to hold the horseshoe denture is estimated to be $16k after I pay $500 for a consult AFTER INSURANCE. Oh and that $500 just tells me whether I'm even a candidate for implants so, yes, it's spendy.

63 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

9 m ago

My uppers stay in no problem. My problem is that lowers. I can’t keep them in without gluing them in and if I drink anything they won’t stay in. I would give my right arm to be able to function with them