stephen_nelson's profile

8 Messages

• 

820 Points

Sun, Oct 16, 2016 8:29 PM

Removed Pallet from Upper Denture

Got dentures but they insisted on giving me an upper pallet, blocking tongue from roof of mouth.  I bought a Dremel Tool and used the plastic cutter with a little olive oil to cut out the center pallet.  I used a Dremel sanding drum to smooth edges.  I had no Dremel experience whatsoever but it was a breeze; no problems.  I did have to rig a little jig, to hold the denture. So far works great with Fixodent Plus.

Responses

19 Messages

• 

280 Points

8 m ago

Hey Stephen! I’m going to my dentist today and telling them I constantly feel sick and am getting pressure headaches and need my upper palate shaved down drastically or removed! If they don’t do it can we chat one on one so I can get step by step in depth instructions to remove it myself? Will taking the palate off hell me not to feel nauseous? I can’t take it anymore! Driving me nuts!

85 Messages

• 

2K Points

If you dremel the upper to horse shoe go very slowly. Take of a very little bit at a time and rinse and try it in. Just go until you stop the gag factor. In the do your Own Dentures Fb group there is info in the search and files.

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

2 m ago

I just read about what you did and thought wow what a great idea.....I have this small hack saw and tried cutting out the pallet and I just couldn't get it to cut through the hard plastic so I'm going to Walmart and get me a dremel set up 

Thanks alot for the idea.....

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

2 m ago

Do your research at Google

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 m ago

How much of the upper pallet did you remove?

8 Messages

• 

150 Points

1 m ago

i'd like to thank everyone for these commets its making me feel better about my dentures but i still need to shorten the pallet so i dont gag the adhesive works great.

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

24 d ago

I spotted your blog’s link posted by a friend of mine on Facebook. Thanks for putting useful information on the web. It’s hard to get this stuff these days.Visit https://midamericatreeexperts.com

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

21 d ago

Just wanted to drop you a quick line to say how much I enjoyed reading setting your reasonable goals.I will certainly pop back again shortly.  |  Columbia SC Roofing

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

12 d ago

Nous vous remercions de votre travail sur le blog! Vous faites un bon travail!

192.168.l.l

1 Message

• 

62 Points

2 d ago

Can I see them? I want to do this to. I'm so uncomfortable with mine. It's horrible. 

85 Messages

• 

2K Points

There are YouTube videos and a Fb group called Do Your Own Dentures where you can do a group search and locate quite a bit of info on opening up the upper palate. Most times not much  sanding them back is needed to bring comfort. Also you may need to thin out the upper palate some from the side that meets your tongue.  Good luck.