Skip to main content
Denture Living Community
A

10 Messages

• 

170 Points

Tue, Dec 22, 2020 12:25 AM

Reline

So I’ve some adjustments to my denture (full upper) and now they won’t stay in even with adhesive...I have been advised to only use it on the roof as my sockets are still healing. The denture tech is useless and didn’t do a temp reline at my app even though I told him there is no contact between my gum and the denture at the front, and they are now closed over Christmas. Is there some sort of cushion thing I can cut and stick in the front to make it sit flush against my gum? I’m thinking of just cutting some gauze and shoving it in there if I can’t find anything else lol 

Responses

228 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

a month ago

Hey, look, 12 views and none of them responded.

If you did the adjustments yourself, no dentist in their right mind will mess with it and will always be "upset" (act all passive-aggressive with you forever more.  If they did the adjustments then they screwed them up (as is typical because they don't think that temporaries matter much because they are only temporary.  However, those three days to three months are a hell of a lot of time to us!!) and they need to fix them and fix them when you tell them to fix them.  Next time, don't leave the office until they fix them; get loud, cry, suggest calling the newspaper or local tv channel (that's what I did).

The first thing to do is to shout this, literally outloud, and never forget it "I WILL NOT ALLOW DENTISTS, PERIDONTISTS, DENTURE TECHS AND DENTAL OFFICE EMPLOYEES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME AND I WILL SPEAK UP AND MAKE SURE MY VOICE IS HEARD OR THEY WILL GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!"  If they didn't listen to you, if you made yourself clear, with your temporaries, what do you think will happen with your permanents?  

I haven't used it myself, but people swear by the Sea Bond Adhesive Wafers. 

If that doesn't work, G.E. silicone caulk will stick and fill in the gap.

1.6K Messages

• 

26K Points

a month ago

Sea Bond is like a "cushion". You can cut them to add where you want. Hope it helps.

10 Messages

• 

170 Points

a month ago

I’m in Australia and so far haven’t seen seabond here. As for being temporaries, I’m not sure how it works anywhere else but I got immediates and these are my permanent dentures. When I went in for the adjustments he told me that I will likely need a new set made and unless he’s gonna do it for free then F&@k that! I paid $2000 just for this set😱 

I’m so disappointed with it, I honestly feel they gave me the wrong teeth with how off the bite/fit is! I can’t smile big as all you can see is gum and it’s horrible. I’ve always had a bit of an overbite but these have made it way worse...it’s not the same thickness all way round the denture either, it’s almost see through in some places on the roof and the above the front teeth😔

228 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

You can buy sea bond on amazon.  Pretty cool how you can use all the emojis in your text, such sophisticated online posting.  However you learned to do that you can learn to tell whoever did your $2K dentures to fix them or give your money back.  Be prepared to learn how to do what is it you want done to them as they will likely act like what you are asking for is the moon.  Ultimately, it is like auto body work, either you pay a s&(tload of money or learn to do it yourself.  

10 Messages

• 

170 Points

Are you ok? You seem to be coming off almost aggressive in that last reply and I don’t understand why. Emojis are apart of my phones keyboard, I didn’t realise it was a problem to use them? We have “fair trading” and ACCC here so he will have to fix them wether he likes it or not. I was just posting to see if there was something I could do until then, to make them comfortable to wear. 

228 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

Hum?  Am I ok?  Aggressive?  Funny how people start using adjectives towards people when they are feeling defensive because they have not come to terms with their position and start attacking those that are trying to help them for free.  Don't buy Sea Bond on Amazon then, you're in Australia, not the outback of Africa.  I could never figure out how to use emojis on a forum, I wasn't attacking your use of emojis, just saying, for example, if you can learn to change the motor oil in your car then you can probably fix your leaking kitchen sink pipes.........that's all.  If you know what needs to be done with the adjustments then you can tell them "I need a 1/64th taken off of the right front quadrant" or whatever, otherwise you will need to rely on their interpretation of what you are asking them to do and that rarely turns out well as just a tiny piece of a tiny piece of a bread crumb can make them feel out of wack.  Take my advise or not, I don't care, caring less about this forum's newbees and oldbees by the minute.  But don't attack me for trying to help you.  That's how you got yourself in the position of having to have dentures in the first place! 

10 Messages

• 

170 Points

I wasn’t attacking you at all. Your reply sort of came across as sarcastic by saying if you can learn to do this then you can learn to do that, that’s why I thought you had a problem with the use of emojis. We are all here for the same reason, and I thought maybe people could advise of something I could use until the tech opens on the 4th. There is absolutely no reason to be rude here. And I didn’t get my denture by attacking someone, I had severe enamel deficiency due to fluoride which was made worse by pregnancies. Most of my teeth were perfectly fine, it was my choice to remove them as I didn’t like the look of them. I also never said I couldn’t buy seabond on Amazon, I just said I haven’t seen it in stores here and was after a quick fix to tide me over. Maybe go back and re read this thread as if you were the OP with your replies to see who is attacking who...

228 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

You are off the rails with this whole attacking, sarcastic, rude calling me here thing.  You thought I had a problem with emojis????  And then you go into further detail about your story, not caring about mine?  This door is closed little lady!

1 Message

• 

66 Points

a month ago

Try this, it was a lifesaver to me during that time... DenSure Fit https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0716L1T8S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_xUm6FbBKM6A64

(edited)

1 Message

• 

60 Points

23 days ago

wow first time on this board and not liking that guy's attitude! He is nasty

228 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

@jevideo  NASTY?  It's SHE, an not HE.  And what is NASTY is that you came here to gossip about another poster and not to offer any advice or to tell your story BUT INSTEAD to bash another user; one that is a top poster with 4,000 points?  

Hardly anyone on here refers to what about your distinguishing personality or process got you to the place you are in and who to avoid that in the future so you don't get screwed by this industry and actually answers the posted question along with an easer (the silicone caulk reference, for example).  

People tell their stories and appreciate others' noticing that and remarking on that if they are progressive.  If they realize that what they are experiencing day 1, day 7, day 15, day 30, day 90 ......etc through the end of the process (which usually ends once you've had 3 sets of dentures made over 12 years.  If they think that what they are experiencing NOW, just 3 weeks or a year after extractions is what will always be then they are in denial.  The lady that had her dentures 12 years, when you are supposed to change them every 4 years and wondered why they didn't fit anymore and their dentist wouldn't adjust them anymore, DENIAL.....And it takes a STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL WOMAN like me to let her know so she doesn't go through another 12 years of DENIAL.....

jevideo...Stick to giving advise and not dissing other people or you will find yourself out of this forum!   Anyone with any sort of sensibility can tell that you are an old poster with a NEW USER NAME anyway!!!!!!!!!!