Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

17 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Sun, May 17, 2015 3:31 AM

Please make a product comparable to Cushion Grip

We have a special need for a product that Merk Lab has discontinued called Cushion Grip. They only sold the product at CVS and then complained it didn't sell enough. I used to go and buy up every tube they had. They started selling the 1oz tube for $3.99 when I was buying it then it went up to $7.99 which I thought was pretty expensive but I have to use it everythime I want to eat because my bottom gums are so sensitive. The plastic stays soft while you eat. Fixodent only tries to make the denture stay in place but does nothing for the cushioning. I bought Cushion Grip for $26.00 a tube and could no longer afford it. Right now on Amazon it is selling for $80.00 tube...4 for $255.00. I would say your marketing department should get on the ball and start making a comparable product because their is a need for this product. I have used it for years and my dentist recommended I keep using it because my gums are so sensitive. I have told many people about it and they are happy with the results. PLEASE MAKE THIS PRODUCT or I and many more people will be eating baby food. You should make a fortune and please make bigger tubes than 1oz. Please send this to your marketing dept.

Responses

132 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

5 years ago

I used cushion grip twice when I first got my dentures. I didn't find it to be soft. It was soft when first applied but after a few hours it hardened. Yes you can wear it for a few days but it is hell trying to get it off the denture. Its very simular to a reline.

3 Messages

• 

520 Points

you need to soak your denture in warm water for 5 mins before putting them in.  The cushion grip softens and it is awesome.  I'm distraught right now since they're stopped making it grrrrr

2 Messages

• 

172 Points

It's like a soft reline...  I wear mine for 4-5 days and clean my dentures as usual. When taking it off you can either just peel it off or soak it in warm water first.  

132 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

It never peeled off for me. Took me over an hour with repeated soaking in hot water to scrape little bits off.

1 Message

• 

82 Points

I have use cushion grip for 40 years. The best i ever tried. Please put it back on the market

78 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

I went looking on Merck website and after a small run around, found a number that we NEED to bombard with calls. That is how a company figures out that its product is needed. I am 58 and have had FULL false teeth since I was 25. This product was a godsend for me to get back to eating again. I used everything on the market years past, to hold them. Then I found cushion grip!!! I TOLD EVERYONE about it and even bought the first tube for many. I promise I have sold many thousands of tubes!!! I will CALL that company EVERY WEEK for the next YEAR or more, until they bring it back! If you really want it back, I suggest you and your family and friends do the same. WE are the ones that can get that product back on store shelves soon if we pull together, so I ask you all, how important is it to you? The squeaky wheel gets the grease!!! Their number is 1-800-317-2165 m-f, 8a-5p CST. I and my LARGE family will take this fight to their doorsteps today!! Please join me to get cushion back to us!

17 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

5 years ago

I have been using this product for years and never had that problem.  It is not like a reline.  It is to be used once a day then soak for a few minutes in warm water and it will come right off.  I use it sometimes twice a day so it will continue to be soft.  I cannot eat without it.

1 Message

• 

220 Points

I also had used cushion grip for years and it was wonderful. I wish I had the means to start a company that would make a similar product as I believe it would help a lot of people.

5 Messages

• 

388 Points

I had no idea it was discontinued until yesterday because the last time I got some I got three tubes. Now I don't know what to do. Maybe we should talk to the Shark Tank people and get a loan to start our own company.

132 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Says right on the tube it can be used up to 4 days.

78 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

I went looking on Merck website and after a small run around, found a number that we NEED to bombard with calls. That is how a company figures out that its product is needed. I am 58 and have had FULL false teeth since I was 25. This product was a godsend for me to get back to eating again. I used everything on the market years past, to hold them. Then I found cushion grip!!! I TOLD EVERYONE about it and even bought the first tube for many. I promise I have sold many thousands of tubes!!! I will CALL that company EVERY WEEK for the next YEAR or more, until they bring it back! If you really want it back, I suggest you and your family and friends do the same. WE are the ones that can get that product back on store shelves soon if we pull together, so I ask you all, how important is it to you? The squeaky wheel gets the grease!!! Their number is 1-800-317-2165 m-f, 8a-5p CST. I and my LARGE family will take this fight to their doorsteps today!! Please join me to get cushion back to us!

52 Messages

• 

2K Points

It seems like to me since hardly anyone has a lower plate that ALLOWS EATING it's a great way for these companies to make money since MOST new dentures people try 3+ products trying to get one. I finally almost filled my lower with Fixodent and it seems to work if I eat baby size bites of food,I should lose weight cause I get tired of taking so long to eat,I'm alot faster without teeth

164 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

5 years ago

Hello! I have shared your suggestion to create a product similar to Cushion Grip with our product team. I am sorry that it was discontinued, since it was such a helpful product for you.  Thank you for writing!

3 Messages

• 

520 Points

PLEASE bring it back.  If you check the denture sites there are thousands of us that use it -  just on the forums.  The problem was that it was hard to find.  The only place I would find it was CVS and then I'd have to wait 2 months before they got any more in.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Message

• 

162 Points

Yes please bring it back! When I use cushion grip, I don't have to use any fixodent or polygrip. Now I can't find it anymore and had to go back with fixodent...don't like fixodent. Don't like all that guewy stuff. Please bring back cushion grip!!!!!!!

2 Messages

• 

172 Points

I also have used Cushion Grip for years and so did my mother.   I have bone loss especially the top front.   I used it mostly for the cushion.  Without it my sinuses suffer greatly and I am afraid of the sinus wall becoming injured :(   I am not a good candidate for implants ) My dentist was very impressed when he saw the job this product did.   I used to order 6 tubes at a time online and was SHOCKED to see it being sold for $70 to $80 a tube!!   Now I am out and don't know what I am going to do :(
Please put it back on the market!

1 Message

• 

144 Points

Please make something like cushion grip back on the market!!! It is the best thing ever!!!! Without cushion grip I would have been in so much pain during my temp stage.

11 Messages

• 

582 Points

Please bring it back. It is a money maker. You will be surprised how many of us use it

132 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

5 years ago

Says on the box that it can be left on up to 4 days. Nothing about taking it out daily.

13 Messages

• 

904 Points

I was able to leave mine is sometimes for a couple of months. It definitely made my dentures fit so secure and no pain. It was definitely a bear to get out. But careful soaking in hot water and a bit of tugging and pulling it would come out.

1 Message

• 

86 Points

When I used cushion grip it stayed in for a few months also.. I really relied on it. I wish they would make it again. My bottom dentures are hurting so bad. I cut up sea bond and use here and there, wherever I'm hurting. But its not like using cushion grip..

12 Messages

• 

498 Points

I totally agree! There is a petition on FB to sign to try and get them to bring it back

52 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

I have been using EZO, since cushion grip is not available. I did not get enough cushion using sea bond. Ezo seems to last much longer.

103 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

Patti, please stay with it and hopefully they will get it back again.   I am a nervous wreck worrying about how I am going to be able to eat.  Those people selling it for those big amounts  should be ashamed of themselves.  Someday they may be in our shoes.

132 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

5 years ago

You say you use it twice a day so it will continue to be soft.....that right there says it gets hard. Its not a regulsr adhesive..its a thermoplastic material whick will get as hard as a hard reline. And yes it does say it can be left in for up to 4 days...see pic.

13 Messages

• 

904 Points

I have found that when you put new cushion grip in your denture. I don't chew much the first day. It has a orange'ish color to it when fresh and when cured it will have the pink color. Usually by the end of the day.
Then you should have no problem chewing. 
always put the cushion grip in first thing in the morning.  Set your jaw where you like it and keep it that way.. If you do any amount of chewing it will squeeze it out before it has a change to "cure"  Then enjoy your steak...  I'm running on just bare threads of cushion grip in my uppers and just hoping they will bring it back before I have to take it out....
I have used cushion grip for about 10 yrs now. And this is the way works best for me.  I still have original dentures. Needless to say. If I don't have cushion grip. I have no teeth.... There is absolutely no fit to them... And it's going to be about a year before I can get new ones
  I looked at a couple that I thought might be compatable???
NOT Look in the ingredients of anything you might try. If it smells bad and tastes bad  It is not good.
Look for "METHACRYLATES"  I did.... Look up the MSDS for it. This chemical is know for lung and other organ issues.
Not going back in my mouth..

229 Messages

• 

4.1K Points

I sent a message on Face book to Bayer .. everyone needs too https://www.facebook.com/healthcare.bayer?fref=nf

306 Messages

• 

7.8K Points

Cindy, you might be interested in knowing that most dentures and adhesives contain methacrylates. So whether you want it in your mouth or not, you probably have it.

103 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

Patti, what is that?

132 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

5 years ago

103 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

Patti, have you found anything yet?  Please let me know if you do.  I'm really in need.  Thx.

229 Messages

• 

4.1K Points

Comfort lining

52 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

I would not trust that Japanese denture adhesive. If they can not ship it over seas, then there is some kind of environmental reason why it is banned from the USA and other locations over seas. Please be careful what kinds of products you find out of desperation. Contact Jenn if you need a USA product very similar to Cushion Grip. Her product is made in the USA, she too lives in the USA and she ships to those on the USA. Just look for Comfort Lining if you would like a product to help your dentures. PLEASE BE AWARE OF OVER SEAS ITEMS, as tbey are notal.legal in the USA. Or tbe USA would be allowing them here. There are other reasons to think about to, that I will not post on here?

229 Messages

• 

4.1K Points

I have been so trying to tell people this too !! Thanks for posting !

229 Messages

• 

4.1K Points

FDA is not the same as what you're saying this lady would like to talk to you I emailed her last night because I know he deals with the FDA stuff This Is her email there are some questions for you You can get this over quickly than everyone may believe you ; janemiller205@yahoo.com

3 Messages

• 

520 Points

5 years ago

I would got a week without needing more and I NEVER used adhesive.  I lost my teeth at 40 due to an auto immune disease and was very very upset.  Cushion grip make all the difference for me.  I'd just soak in warm water for a few mins. put my dentures in and awesome all day!!!  Now I couldn't eat corn on the cob but I NEVER had to worry about my dentures.  There isn't anything like it on the market.  With the right marketing.  Heck with any marketing it would be a best seller.  No one took the time!  PLEASE bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!

52 Messages

• 

2K Points

They figure its more costly watching people buy whatever is on the shelf & then when they get mad enough they throw their dentures in a drawer.You'd think BY NOW dentists or whoever could invent something that doesn't suck.

52 Messages

• 

2K Points

OMG I so LOVE your post, even my dentist says most people get dentures hate them throw them in a drawer & go toothless. That's the major point after ALL these yrs someone could invent a denture that isn't hard as a rock,takes the taste of food away makes you talk funny & causes embrassment when the bottoms flip out of mouth & onto your dinner plate. Another way of keeping the haves from the have nots-the have nots throw theirs in a drawer & the have get great teeth-like implants screws or whatever,plus whiter teeth.

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

Sherry,
If you don't mind my asking, what auto-immune diseases are you dealing with? I ask because I also have no less than 2 auto-immune and I'm sure that, at least in part, they were the reason for my tooth loss.

229 Messages

• 

4.1K Points

they are price gouging this product  and something needs done about this  Ebay has it for one tube over 500.00 what the heck! ,, someone has to still be making it because amazon is selling it also but for over 100.00 an ounce.. we need to write to every company to see if they will make a product like this .. someone is getting rich on Ebay ! how are they getting the product .. ( Bayer company bought the rights  it and I have emailed them  no answer yet !..) We need a Facebook page on the matter

1 Message

• 

144 Points

I agree they are making it impossible for elderly getting cushion grip that is the only thing that really secures dentures.

78 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

5 years ago

Same here, I go over a week and not need to change. I also  do NOT find it hard to get out. Just keep it warm and it comes right out!

103 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

DIANE, TRY CORRECT CUSHION EZ.  GREAT REPLACEMENT FOR CUSHION GUIP, EVEN BETTER.

1 Message

• 

80 Points

Where do you get it? What's the website?

26 Messages

• 

490 Points

Did you ever get the website for Correct Cushion EZ?  If so, I would like it.  thank you!!

18 Messages

• 

436 Points

Amazon.com just search Cushion Correct Or cushion Correct ez

1 Message

• 

200 Points

5 years ago

I have been using this since i got dentures and i have been looking for it all over from baton rouge to new Orleans lord please bring it back i cant where my teeth unless i have it ,An us Cajun like to eat  

107 Messages

• 

2K Points

Have you tried buying it on line?

3 Messages

• 

704 Points

5 years ago

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make a thermoplastic adhesive exactly like Cushion Grip! It is the only product that has worked for me. Without it, my lower denture hurts so bad, I can't keep it in. I belong to a couple of forums for denture wearers and there are THOUSANDS of us who will buy it if you start making it. I will personally help promote it!

229 Messages

• 

4.1K Points

they did answer with in 10 min ! "Hi Charlene, thanks for contacting us. We are in touch with our colleagues and will also forward this link to them. We will get back to you as soon as we receive their feedback. Thank you" I will give them a chance to investigate ... then if the answer is not good on we go to the Attorney General office & ask for a full investigate on price gouging and where is Amazon and Ebay getting this product if Bayer has rights to the product & has stopped making it ?

92 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

You can't believe everything you read even FDA approved might be wrong. So trying cushion EZ might be the answer for all denture wearer out here and we will never know if we don't try it! It might be the Cushion Grip we are missing...

229 Messages

• 

4.1K Points

Your middle name repeat ? That company is not even on this website goes directly to the website where you order and can actually send emails to them don't bother us with this I'm to the point now I have sent to our attorney general in the state to find out really what is going on with your product they can send it onto the FDA too many rumors that it cannot be purchased here in United States because of harmful ingredients are going to find out once and for all

229 Messages

• 

4.1K Points

Gave you the name and address of someone you need to contact I believe I finally make contact with someone that would like to interview you out of Chicago I think there with the Tribune best you do it that way all this gets put to bed