Denture Living Community
E

18 Messages

• 

270 Points

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 6:39 PM

Pizzzza!! Thank god for secure

Hey friends!

good news! I was able to eat pizza today!!! My story isn’t as awful as some of you that had a bunch of teeth extracted at once. I had my teeth pulled over the course of a year and only 3 teeth pulled at final extraction. And I only have an upper denture. But I have been in    Pain, sick and defeated. Today I grabbed a slice of pizza and told myself I was eating it! I didn’t bite into it using my front teeth. I kind of used my bottom teeth and tongue to take a bite and then chewed it! I recently ordered secure adhesive off Amazon and that stuff has literally changed my life! In my short time as a denture wearer I have tried pretty much every brand and type of adhesive. They all either made me sick or would stop working after an hour... most of the time both! Well secure stays all day from 8am until I take it off at like 9 pm. And at that time I have the pull the denture out and it is still adhered super well! It also hasn’t given me that nauseous feeling like all the other adhesives!

I have faith that as long as we are all positive and do our best to get through this and remain optimistic, we all will once again eat pizza!!!! 

Responses

20 Messages

• 

342 Points

2 months ago

I’m only 18 days in and I started using Secure due to many comments on this forum. Well, you folks have not lied or exaggerated. Secure is really working and I’m only using it on my palate since I am still healing (13 extracted).  I draw two small lines and then spread it smoothly over the surface.  I also put a dash of Fixodent powder on top. I happen to wear mine around the clock because I want them in all the time. I take out to thoroughly clean in an Efferdent 30-minute bath. Once a week I soak them in the overnight version. I also am applying a small amount of Benzodent on a few sore spots.  Eating is still a challenge but I’m trying as much as I can, but taking it very slow:  Hot dog, grilled cheese, hamburger... challenges I work on. Best ‘friends’ are Fettuccine Alfredo, Pancakes, and Cotton Candy!  Also for protein, Banana Muscle Milk!!  But without Secure, some of this would be more difficult. So thank you for the recommendation!

18 Messages

• 

270 Points

I am totally in the same boat as I to wear my denture 24/7. I take it out once in the morning and then at night to brush and soak in polident 3 minute bath. If I didn’t have secure I wouldn’t be eating anything other than Ice cream! With all other adhesives I couldn’t eat anything. Secure is def the way to go!!

77 Messages

• 

990 Points

@tmagik Is the adhesive called “Secure”? Or is there a full name for it?    I may want to purchase it on Amazon.

20 Messages

• 

342 Points

Yes.  "Secure" is the actual name.  I also ordered the Secure tablets as they are designed to clean their adhesive off of the denture.

8 Messages

• 

142 Points

2 months ago

For me on the uppers it's Fixodent powder.  I can usually go 24+ hours without any noticeable slipping.   Might have to try the secure for the bottoms.  I wonder if Amazon has sample sizes for my travel kits. 

18 Messages

• 

270 Points

Not sure if they have trial size 🧐but I got 2 regular size containers for $9.99 and you only need the tiniest amount so it is going to last a while! As I mentioned I tried every damn adhesive you can get from a pharmacy type store and was paying minimum $10 per product. So the $9.99 for 2 bottle of secure was well worth it!

2 Messages

• 

72 Points

Emma, where did you find Secure at that price? I pay that for just one! Thank you

78 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

a month ago

Congratulations and thank you for that good report! I could not agree with you more,especially the last sentence of your post!