sharon_hicks's profile

4 Messages

• 

190 Points

Mon, Apr 13, 2020 2:52 PM

MY touge has started getting very senitive to taste and food is this becasue i'm leaving my dentures in over night for long periods of time?

MY tongue has started getting very sensitive to taste and food is this because i'm leaving my dentures in overnight for long periods of time?

8 Messages

• 

286 Points

2 y ago

Hi Sharon..
It could be. No way to really say bcuz everyone is different. But, do you have a whitish coating on your tongue? I get dry mouth a lot now so I keep a water bottle with me and breathe mints which I find to help produce “wet” mouth since the upper is blocking my natural palette...

259 Messages

• 

6.1K Points

2 y ago

Do you brush or scrape your tongue when you brush your mouth?  That may make a difference. 

47 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

2 y ago

I have read that not frequently cleaning dentures (especially uppers) can affect taste, and if you are leaving them in overnight, maybe they aren't getting cleaned enough. Just another possible reason. Good luck!

4 Messages

• 

190 Points

2 y ago

Thanks guys maybe i need to try scraping my tongue or just taking them out at night. I just don't like dealing with the adhesive when i take them out. I just ordered some adhesive cleaner from Amazon to help with that. 

4 Messages

• 

190 Points

2 y ago

I just ordered some adhesive remover to help with removing all the goop at night so i can start taking them out at night. I can't stand all the time it takes to remove it so i keep them in overnight. i think it's starting to irritate my tongue due to the zinc.