Skip to main content
Denture Living Community
H

4 Messages

• 

134 Points

Sat, Feb 20, 2021 3:37 PM

My dentist begin using Fixodent Powder on day 2 of Immediate Dentures

My dentist started applying powder adhesive day 2 of my extraction and immediate dentures. Is this normal?

Responses

5 Messages

• 

156 Points

12 days ago

Supposedly you shouldn't have to use an adhesive if the dentures fit right. But I used Fixadent almost immediately after my gums had healed and I got my permanent dentures. I was paranoid about them slipping. I did not have immediates. I received my permanents two months after extractions. Did you ask your dentist why you had to use an adhesive? Every situation is different. Apparently your dentist has a reason for applying the powder.

4 Messages

• 

134 Points

Honestly at the time I just assumed it was normal procedure. No one really gave me much information and after dealing with all the pain and embarrassment of the broken and missing teeth I saw no other alternative options. I'm only asking because now I am trying to research and be sure I am doing everything correctly. Of course it would have been better if I had done this beforehand. I admit I am pleased that I did it. I'm on day 9 and I'm trying to find my way there. It can be very emotional and humbling at times and hard to ask questions of the Dentist who seem overly busy and eager to get to their next appointment unfortunately