judy_0417fc's profile

7 Messages

• 

194 Points

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 7:08 PM

Lower Dentures will not stay secure when I eat. Has anyone used Cushion Grip and can they can eat with them?

I have a full set of dentures and problems with my lower dentures staying in when I eat. I am now trying Cushion Grip because I have tried Secure,  Fixodent, Poly Grip, and none will hold my bottom teeth in when I eat. Does anyone else have this problems? How did you fix it?

3 Messages

• 

124 Points

1 y ago

I bought cushion grip it still didn't work for me. I have yet to find something that will hold my bottom denture in

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

1 y ago

They are tricky for sure. You really have to change the way you eat. The way you bite, the way you chew. Biting straight up and down help make. And chew evenly (as much as possible, on both sides. Keeps them even, won’t let them rock. I also put on paste, spray with water, then add powder on top of that. I’m eating everything and have to pull them out at night.

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

Finally! Woot woot! :)

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Yes ma’am

47 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

You explained the even chewing method a lot better than I did. Haha

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Lol, we try

47 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

1 y ago

There are many answers to that question. Hehe. It seems you just have to try different methods until you find something that works. I actually combine 2 methods. I put a thin line of Poligrip super on the bottom, then a Sea Bond liner over that. That keeps them pretty snug. If I chew all on one side they may still move a tad, but if put food on both sides, its not too bad at all. If that made sense. It is still very uncomfortable, but its not like keeping a fast moving train with no wheels on the tracks. And thats just me. What works for 1 may not work for another. Its a very long and painful trial and error process. For me at least. Hopr you find something that works. I have never used Cushion Grip, so I cant say anything about it. Fixodent never worked for me. Good luck!

63 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

1 y ago

I haven’t tried the way Charlie Brown is saying, but I have seen several people say that that works for them. I have everything to try it, but anytime I put any adhesive it feels like my brain is being sucked down (if that makes any sense at all. That’s just the best way I can describe it) I am wondering if I use less adhesive maybe I won’t get that feeling, as well as the headache that comes with it. I suffer from chronic migraines and try to avoid headaches at all costs. I hope you find what will work for you

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

1 y ago

Let's face it, we are all full denture wearers so unless we have permanent teeth installed we either have to change what we eat, or for how long you want your FULL DENTURES to last, clinging to your mouth WITH GLUE!!!
REMEMBER!!!!
THE MORE ADHESIVE YOU CONTACT WITH YOUR GUMS FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME ARE BAD FOR YOU!!!!!!
(Didn't your mama ever tell you not to put glue in your mouth?)

SERIOUSLY!!!

You don't need to wear your dentures everyday now since a face mask is pretty much required to even go outside in this day and age we are living in.

When you are installing full lower dentures make sure the dentures are dry before you add adhesive to the lower dentures.

Use enough adhesive to the lower dentures so that the adhesive does not spill out from the lower dentures.

Regardless of what the package recommends on the wait time, and after you installed your full upper dentures, press your upper and lower dentures together for at least 5 minutes to get a good solid grip on both uppers and lowers.

[The tongue is your worst enemy because it constantly wants to pry up the lower dentures, hence the five minute wait time on letting uppers and lowers seat themselves.]

Face it, we're denture wearers now! Stop complaining... This is how it has to be for now. Just remember that we are all in this together... We just have to think of making softer food for us.

I say we, you, us all unite and form a food blog so restaurants must include people that have no teeth, to be able to eat something on their menu much like vegans and keto diets, yes?

95 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

1 y ago

I have used Cushion Grip on my uppers and lowers for years.  It is the only thing that works for me!

46 Messages

• 

900 Points

I must put Cushion Grip on wrong because I can't seem to get it in well enough to cushion my gums and hold. I expect to use a denture adhesive, for my lowers, but I should not have to for my uppers. 

95 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

I did not need to put anything on my uppers for many years.  What I actually need is relining on both upper and lower, but I haven't located an entity I think is qualified to do that correctly in our area.  I also think there may be some materials that dentures are made of that do not "accept" Cushion Grip well.  I clean mine and make certain they are totally dry (sometimes using a hair dryer for that purpose).  I put the tube of CG in a small glass of hot water to soften it, and make sure that all of that water is dried off of the tube, and my hands before working with the CG.  The amount used is a trial and error situation.  Over the years I have found the spots in my dentures that need a bit more, and the places that need less.  I hope this helps.

7 Messages

• 

194 Points

1 y ago

I want to thank everyone for their comments on using Cushion Grip. My dentures are what you call a work of art. I am still trying to get the correct item to hold my bottom teeth in! I will continue to monitor this to see if their is anyone else that tells me how they do it and if it is working.

125 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

1 y ago

You could try Bondezz. That's what I use now. And sometimes I use the Seabond. Neither is probably going to hold you firmly in place. You'd just have to try. The Bondezz gives me quite a bit of comfort. I have a lot of bone loss so I don't know if I'd be comparable to your own situation.