Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Wed, Jan 6, 2016 2:48 AM

just tried poligrip powder

So I just bought a few things from the store and I got Poligrip Powder and also got poligrip strips.  I tried the strips and did not like them at all.  or maybe i was putting them on backwards  lol  anyways... I tried the powder and I must say it worked great! Since my guns aren't healed yet and I can;t use adhesives this powder is great.  without the powder my dentures on top fall out when i talk and thats embarrassing! lol  Anyways great product by far

Responses

306 Messages

• 

7.8K Points

5 years ago

I'm in your camp on the powder as well. It holds all day. It doesn't get the slimy squishy goop buildup that you get with paste adhesives and clean up is a breeze. I've retired all of my nasty pastes.

472 Messages

• 

14.2K Points

5 years ago

It has been 3 weeks since I had 27 teeth (or pieces) removed and an immediate upper and lower placed. I'm still using the powders fixadent and/or polygrip most of the time. They used fixadent powder when they placed the dentures, so I figured it would be ok to keep using it. I've read about problems with the zinc in fixadent, if you use too much. Polygrip doesn't contain zinc so it is what I use most. They both seem to hold pretty well until I eat or drink. My mountain dew floats the bottom right loose and I'm still eating mostly oatmeal and soups the hot liquid makes them turn loose. I probably have more trouble than most since I had so many teeth extracted at once and it was all guess work on what my gums were going to do as they heal. I got the package deal from affordable dentures which includes a reline and a new permanent denture. I don't want to rush the reline as I will have to live with it for a year until I get the permanent dentures.

I have used the paste a couple of times and it does seem to hold better, but if food gets under my dentures it is harder to clean up. With the powders I just pop my teeth out rinse my teeth and my mouth, re-apply the powder and pop 'em back in. The paste is harder to clean up. Its a trade-off I guess.

43 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

5 years ago

Iam getting used too the fixodent now don't apply as much and find most of the goo is on the denture and not in my Gob thank the Lord. . If I don't wear fixodent lizzy I can see my denture flying out my mouth and landing on a customers fish and chips how funny that would be haha x

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Omg! That would b hilarious! Well embarrassing but gotta embrace the dentures! Lol. I like the powder. It helps me all day. I can finally eat!

43 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

I can eat better as days go on chips meat as long as it's soft. . .. Might try crisps later

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

Mags, you have my interest piqued. What foods are you referring to above? (Speak English would ya? LMBO! I absolutely had to say it ;-) )

I live in the States and I believe Chips are similar to fries, but not sure of others.

Keep Smiling!

43 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Sorry lmfao ... fries

43 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Wats crisps in states