sam_owen's profile

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Tue, May 19, 2020 10:25 PM

Issues with wisdom teeth, help!

Hi guys this is my first time posting here, sorry if this isn’t the right place!

I am 21 years old and had 22 extractions, my entire upper set of teeth were removed and partial lower.

I now have dentures and have struggled the entire time adapting to them, the fit on the temporary and permanent set of teeth have not been good.

To complicate matters, 2 of my wisdom teeth have now come through and so I’m finding it even harder to wear the upper denture, the wisdom teeth make them sit slanted and I have to use an almighty amount of fixodent! (Which is as unpleasant as it sounds)

My dentist insists I get the wisdom teeth removed, however due to the Covid-19 pandemic the surgery has been postponed. My question is, is it really ethical to get the wisdom teeth taken out? I didn’t want to ask the dentist if she could simply adjust the dentures to fit over two teeth as she was so adamant they be removed. I do not trust my dentist as she has made several errors with my dentures in the past and I’m slightly worried this is the easy way out. The wisdom teeth aren’t causing me any pain, just a nuisance because they’re affecting my denture.

I’m really not sure what to do guys, should I sign up to a new dentist or should I just enquire as to whether they can fit the teeth around the wisdom teeth? I feel a bit hopeless and it’s having a really bad impact on my self esteem having slanted teeth!!

47 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

2 y ago

This is just my opinion, but I would definitely seek a second opinion from another dentist. Some may ev3n have a free initial consultation. And I dont know if this is true for all, but my dentures came with 4 free adjustments to make sure they fit properly. It is definitely a challenge getting used to them (for me at least) and having them adjust them to work around the wisdom teeth may put you back to square 1. I dont know. It may be easier to have them removed. But yeah, I would definitely seek more professional advice on it before making that decision. These things are a pain in the neck enough without further complications.

9 Messages

• 

202 Points

2 y ago

Sam, get your wisdom teeth removed. I think any dentist is going to tell you the same. But, definitely get another dentist if you have lost confidence in the one you are seeing.

32 Messages

• 

372 Points

Yes, i agree with your concern Susan.

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

2 y ago

Sam
Find out if the 2 wisdom teeth can be used as anchors for your dentures
That might make the denture much more stable
Go to a few dentists that offer free consultations

32 Messages

• 

372 Points

If you want to get teeth devices online I suggest you to visit here.
https://ihomedental.com/

719 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

2 y ago

What my limited understanding based on my wisdom teeth, they never seem to come in at a good angle, or without issue. I would probably have them removed, but that’s just me

32 Messages

• 

372 Points

In some cases, impacted wisdom teeth may cause no apparent or immediate problems. But because they're hard to clean, they may be more vulnerable to tooth decay and gum disease than other teeth are.

71 Messages

• 

826 Points

2 y ago

I had 26 extractions total, 6 on my bottom and the rest up to. These include my wisdom teeth ( last 2 came in 3 years ago). I removed mine (all four wisdom teeth) because they became impacted ( 1 1/2 teeth growing sideways with no gum room) After removal and surgery, I ended up with BMS (still currently have). Burning from trying to numb my left side of my mouth. I would get them out if they are bad and impacted like mine. You could end up with the same side effect as me though. Still a month in and i can really only feel my right side. Dentist said it could take 2 months to a year to go away, but not a sign of nerve damage.

I would keep them if they aren't impacted. Impacted teeth cost more for dental removal ($300 x 4 for me) Saw had to be out for each one of those teeth as they weren't gonna come out nicely.

32 Messages

• 

372 Points

2 y ago

In some cases, impacted wisdom teeth may cause no apparent or immediate problems. But because they're hard to clean, they may be more vulnerable to tooth decay and gum disease than other teeth are. Impacted wisdom teeth that cause pain or other dental complications are usually removed. If you want to get partials dentures.
Buy partial dentures here
https://ihomedental.com/product/partials/