michael_king's profile

1 Message

• 

210 Points

Sun, Feb 9, 2014 1:42 AM

How to get rid of the denture adhesive!

After I got my first top denture ... the worst thing, other than not being able to eat very well was that AWFUL denture gunk to hold them in, even the powder! I tried everything I thought, hot water, cold, mouthwash, etc. Well I got a sore throat and was gargling with warm/hot salt water and BINGO! It get rid of the junk ... I am so happy! I still hate the dentures and my partial on the bottom ... likely will never eat, or enjoy eating again but at least the gunk has met it's match!

131 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Il y a 8 y

Thanks for sharing your tip, Michael! I've also seen other comments about rubbing the remaining adhesive away with a small amount of cooking oil.

Does anyone else have any tips to share?

2 Messages

• 

92 Points

After removing my dentures, to ger fid of the after glue, from Fixodent powder. I use the soft chewy lifesavers, just one clears up my gums just right, and tastes good too.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

OMG. I love the soft chewy lifesavers, berry are my favs. Does this really help? I am very new with my dentures-less than a week and wonder if it is too soon for this remedy.

70 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

Coconut Oil will remove the adhesive and will also relieve any soreness while, at the same time, will kill any bacteria that is left in your mouth.

37 Messages

• 

900 Points

I am also  a very new denture wearer, top and bottom, and having same issues with the gunk.  Thank you for sharing .  I also just learned about being able to have your bottom and top dentures have mini implants put in, (screws) .  Much better for staying in place.  Sounded like a  really good idea for bottom ones, seeming how they are the ones that have the most issues.  But , with the top ones, it takes away the fake palate. So, sounds like a win win,, lol.  Not sure of the prices???

17 Messages

• 

512 Points

Prices are really high.  Top notch Doc needed.  My dad's implants became so infected, no one would even touch him to take them out...it was so dangerous 
Finally found someone about 3 states away that would remove them.  It was a very expensive and heartbreaking nightmare.  
He was forced into cheap dentures after all the expense of the above. Think long and hard about implants....I know I sure did.
My new upper & lower plates look and feel pretty great after just 3 days.  Found great surgeon.  Lucky me (for once).  
Just research alot of docs if you are looking @ implants.   Best of Luck.
'

41 Messages

• 

782 Points

Il y a 7 y

WOW! Those are great tips and I didn't even think of doing that. I have been scraping it out and it's a complete mess, especially on the roof of the mouth. I  told everyone at the dentists office about this site and she is going to check it out and even recommend it to her other customers. I am sure I am not the only one there with dentures.

271 Messages

• 

6.2K Points

Padraig, I'm not sure if you saw my tips above, but just be very careful about scraping off excess adhesive. We don't recommend that. Thanks!

254 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

I can you never use that mess again i guarantee it at smartflex you will love this product it snugs up the denture

254 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Ill help you never wear that mess again

254 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Try smartflex

6 Messages

• 

198 Points

Crazy answer but it works.....After cleaning my 6 "real" teeth,i try to clean. Fixadent. Off gums believe it or not...I lay in bed and eat a hand full of plain CHERRIOS!!! It works every time.p.s.I got dentures 12/5/2015.HATE HATE THEM BUT MY SMILE IS WORTH IT!!!!!.

20 Messages

• 

440 Points

Il y a 6 y

How far are u in because I've been getting slimy gunk under my denture and tried adhesive today for the first time and the gunk my gums are producing caused adhesive to fail.. Denturist said today that the aka gunk is from gums healing and it should clear up as soon as healed.

33 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

I brush my palate, and the top and bottom of my tongue with a real toothbrush and paste and the gunk is gone. Easy. Brush right after you take the dentures out, and I full top and bottom dentures.

69 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

my dentist told me never to use a real tooth brush it can scratch them I use dawn and soak them in overnight denture cleaner.any kind of poligrip sticks in your mouth and its hard to get out of your mouth. the more I try the more sore my mouth gets I have tried warm salt water nothing works

37 Messages

• 

900 Points

Il y a 6 y

The best tip I have seen is chewing on chewy lifesavers.  Removes the gunk with ease.  I have gotten a new pair since the first ones, they were way too big, I had to put adhesive on constantly.  SO happy these fit much better.  Barely have to use it , usually before I eat.  For about a week the dentist said .  The bottoms one are always gonna be loose a bit.  Take time to learn to eat differently, lol.  Hang in there.  But , if you are using alot, you may need to have relignment.  My tops one do not even slide, since I went to another place and had new set made.  

254 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Denture s get tight somedays and loise others. Salt you eat will swell your guns heat hot weather to will shrink it will always be so.mthing wrong it not real teeth but im telling smartflex is smart material it changes with your body and your mouth it a flrxable kinfa like wax expands and contracts to fit beter daily if you can understand that you will see this is the soulution to theses never ending fluctuations in your dentures and partials. Let me help you stop running back and fouth to your dentist and statt living and eating what you want no problem

254 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Stop e wasting your money there's no need to keep getting new Dentures just try Smartflex

1 Message

• 

60 Points

where do you get smart flex

6 Messages

• 

198 Points

Yes, Where???

47 Messages

• 

606 Points

This is a SCAM (SMARTFLEX) and has been proven you can call the Buffalo, New York police department and google her and this so-called product and confirm it yourself. she goes under names Joanne L. Krolczyk and Joanne Agliata . There's no product she sends, she sends you pictures by way messengers one has been idinfided as DenTek dental guard she claims she invented and created with Dentist one she claims she grew up with but in reality what she  if your lucky get anything other than a empty envelope she send this industral grade not industral strenght thermal beads that she gets from ebay for pennies on a dollors once she gets it home she remolds to these log horse shoe with her hands like you roll logs theres no mold no nothong like shes claiming ,Facebook Pay was her most recent way to pay she found loopholes to gain a pay account cause paypal had shut her down she sliped threw them before threw loop holes to gain account witch like all  over the places shes been shut down she finds ways to re opn shop and starts again . This time I'm bring awareness with the facts and proof of here years of scamming people out of THOUSANDS

4 Messages

• 

374 Points

Il y a 6 y

The denture adhesive residue is literally the worst part of the whole denture experience for me. It's so disgusting. I've had dentures now for a little over 6 months and soda helps dissolve it lol. I've not tried the other tips Bc soda works so well but will def be trying some other things to get rid of it as its def a hassle. It takes me like ten minutes to get it all out. Less now that I have my permanent set tho and they do fit a lot better.

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Do you mean baking soda?

254 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Smartflex. Try it no mess

1 Message

• 

80 Points

Be very wary. Swallowing residual and excess denture cream has stuck to the lining of all digestive organs. Causing gallbladder, kidney, liver, bladder, polyps, blockage, discharging from pores stuck to skin. Severe damage. Seeking help. Suffering for years. All of my digestive organs are affected until I can somehow get this poison out of my body. We are all digeting ADHESIVE!!!!!!!!!!! NO DENTURE CREAM IS SAFE, ZINC OR NO ZINC. IM ONLY IN THE BEGINNING STAGE OF HELPING MYSELF AND EVERYONE BY PROVING THIS! Hopefully after YEARS OF HEALTH PROBLEMS, finally finding the cause, I'll be able to live again. We need a safe alternative. And I will never believe that our bodies can function properly with GLUE STUCK TO OUR INTERNAL TISSUES AND ORGANS. I have no idea the extent of the damage at this point. As of now, every organ, besides non digestive organs are greatly affected. Honestly don't know who to go to next. I have non shadowing polyps in some organs, and shadowing in others. The pink and the white! I'm actually very scared right now. extaziax@gmail.com. it even comes out of my pores. My skin is sticky and can't get it off. With anything. It's taken over every orifice of my body. Anything to offer please email.

47 Messages

• 

606 Points

This is a SCAM (SMARTFLEX) and has been proven you can call the Buffalo, New York police department and google her and this so-called product and confirm it yourself. she goes under names Joanne L. Krolczyk and Joanne Agliata . There's no product she sends, she sends you pictures by way messengers one has been idinfided as DenTek dental guard she claims she invented and created with Dentist one she claims she grew up with but in reality what she  if your lucky get anything other than a empty envelope she send this industral grade not industral strenght thermal beads that she gets from ebay for pennies on a dollors once she gets it home she remolds to these log horse shoe with her hands like you roll logs theres no mold no nothong like shes claiming ,Facebook Pay was her most recent way to pay she found loopholes to gain a pay account cause paypal had shut her down she sliped threw them before threw loop holes to gain account witch like all  over the places shes been shut down she finds ways to re opn shop and starts again . This time I'm bring awareness with the facts and proof of here years of scamming people out of THOUSANDS

271 Messages

• 

6.2K Points

Il y a 6 y

You certainly want to keep your dentures looking great! To minimize staining, properly clean your dentures daily to remove food and plaque bacteria. Brushing with a denture brush or soft toothbrush will prevent dentures from becoming permanently stained and will keep your mouth healthy. Moisten the brush and apply a nonabrasive denture paste (regular toothpaste is too abrasive). Brush every surface, inside and out, scrubbing gently.

A variety of over-the-counter denture-cleanser products may be safely used (by following the manufacturer’s instructions) to remove most stains. Do not use toothpaste, as it is designed to be used on teeth, and often contains materials and chemicals that help whiten and strengthen teeth. It may harm dentures, which are made of a very durable plastic. Even though the plastic is strong, it is not as strong as the enamel of teeth and may be scratched by using toothpaste to clean your dentures.

After rinsing dentures thoroughly, soak your them in a water-based cleaning solution overnight.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

Hi I'm 2 weeks in and my dentist has told me not to ever brush my dentures because they will become dull looking? So I've just been soaking them I'm confused about whether or not to brush or not. And he told me when showing me how to use adhesive he used a crap load of it and I couldn't get them out I literally had to pry them off and it hurt and it oozed out the back of my upper and that's all I tasted. Make that 3 weeks today

17 Messages

• 

470 Points

I soak the teeth in the solution.  About putting the fixident on the teeth I follow the instructions on the package.  you don't need to waste so much of it.  a little bit will be enough.  I have been doing this for two years now and haven't had a problem.  Jim

37 Messages

• 

900 Points

Il y a 6 y

The best way I have found to work, is first run a sink about half full of warm water.  Then place the dentures in the water, which btw, keeps you from dropping the dentures in the sink and them breaking.  So its always a good thing to start doing while cleaning them.  Then I purchased a denture cleaning brush at Dollar Tree, yes, Im a thrifty one, and I brush the inside with that, or a soft toothbrush, if I need to really get inside of it.  Then I use Polident over night to soak them in, sometimes I just use water.  Using a really warm water rinse will help remove the access adhesive in your mouth.  As well as brushing your gums. I have learned , if you are using a lot of adhesive, they are waaaay too big.  SInce my new pair, I barely use any, only on the bottom ones, and I only have to apply once a day just a few dots.  The top ones dont need any. So make sure they are fitting correctly.  I had no idea until I spoke with other people who had been wearing dentures for years how bad my first set was actually made.  They fit so poorly, I was applying adhesive all day long, and forget about eating with them. Hope this helps

114 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Il y a 6 y

Tammy, What adhesive do you use on your bottom dentures?

254 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Smartflex

9 Messages

• 

224 Points

Where does one purchase smartflex?

47 Messages

• 

606 Points

57 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Third Base!

37 Messages

• 

900 Points

Il y a 6 y

Honestly, it varies, lol.  Sometimes it seems as if the adhesive irritates my gums, sometimes... I use two kinds, mostly Fixodent mint flavored .  And the Super Poligrip at other times.  I am attempting to not use it as of today.  I know I still cant eat without eat, that is just funny thinking about it.  Food gets stuck all up under these things, lol.  Hope I get used to them sooner than later.

6 Messages

• 

286 Points

Il y a 6 y

Tammy, I had found that the mint-flavored adhesives were more irritating to my gums, and it is the mint aspect that (I believe) was causing the irritation. And, the adhesives that had Scope added to them were more irritating. (I've switched to Secure adhesive now and have no irritation from it, and they stick like glue. And the residual adhesive is easy to remove from my mouth with a wet paper towel.)

254 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Did you notice that your gums feel numb after using. Adhesive almost like the bloid supply cur of after you take your dentures out is that weird mostly it's poison

230 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

Il y a 6 y

Mary, it's nice to know that I can remove secure by using a wet paper towel. ty. 

254 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Sherry you dont have to remove smartflex its bio tecnology it adhers to your denture like a reline at dentist

254 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

I it's bad enough we have to take her teeth in and out why should we have to do all that cleaning prepping scrubbing picking and washing to

254 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Smartflex is new all you have to do is apply at once put it in and go

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

How long does one application last?

37 Messages

• 

900 Points

I have to try this stuff.  Still have to get the new set adjusted. Had to go to a different dentist and get another pair.  These fit better.  I still can't eat with them I think there is too much gum on the bottom pair. They are absolutely huge, lol.  So , hopefully that will correct a lot of the issues along with one of these new adhesives I have seen on here. Ty all.

230 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

Il y a 6 y

I tried a wet paper towel and it doesn't work for me. I use Clean-It wipes i got from amazon.

15 Messages

• 

340 Points

Does it help with getting Sucure off your gums?

55 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

The cleanit wipes remove everything. Baking soda rinse or on a paper towel works too, just rinse well before reapplying.

6 Messages

• 

286 Points

Il y a 6 y

I've started using my makeup remover wipes. First I use them to clean my makeup off my face, then I rinse them out and clean the inside of my mouth, then throw the wipes away. Works like a charm, and I have to use the wipes for my faces yeah. I only have to use one wipe each night.

230 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

Il y a 6 y

Actually what works for me is to sit in front of a make up mirror light that is magnified. Dry my mouth with a rag and then get q-tips (generic walmart aren't fuzzy) and use it to remove the adhesive. works great for me. I also use the clean it wipes. Hope this helps someone.

17 Messages

• 

530 Points

Il y a 5 y

Okay, don't hate on me for this, but I've found what works in not time flat. Dial hand soap and a narrow toothbrush. A few quick brushes and its gone! Rinsing is key though!