Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

4 Messages

• 

232 Points

Sat, Jul 29, 2017 3:49 PM

Honest opinions

How do these dentures look on me. I hate the poofyness on my top lip area. Why do they look poofy. Do I need to take them back in to make it thinner? And my dentured are not straight. Just got these yesterday. Do they start looking natural?

Responses

9 Messages

• 

524 Points

3 years ago

I think they look great. If you got them your gums will shrink more and they'll start fitting better. Mine did.

49 Messages

• 

860 Points

Thanks so much I look like a monkey right now

9 Messages

• 

524 Points

Not at all I think you look great

143 Messages

• 

3.6K Points

Mid Line is WAY OFF. That tooth is center of your nose. Go back.

32 Messages

• 

680 Points

I agree, midline is waaaay off. My dentist is great, she noticed this on our "wax model" - in my case it was because my nose is crooked due to a being broken 20yrs ago, so I opted to have the teeth align with my face instead.
As for poofy, I'm worried about that myself. I just got all my upper teeth out (only had 11 left) but no dentures yet. The extra gum is bound to stick out a little, I'm hoping it's more noticeable for you than others.
Good luck & keep us posted...

1 Message

• 

100 Points

I found when I got my uppers pulled an got the upper dentures that day that they were fine for about 8 months, then my gums shrunk. I had dentures that were way to big for my mouth. My dentist then tells me that they were only temp and I need a new upper. I've worn them for 5 yrs like this until they were broken while in the hospital. Now the hospital is paying for a new upper but they fit wrong and look terrible. I'm making an appt after the 7th to get this taken care if, they refuse um calling the hospital stopping them from paying an goibg to a different dentist inn another town even if I have to drive 100 miles round trip..

207 Messages

• 

4.9K Points

3 years ago

You have nice smile. If you had your teeth removed recently, then with the dentures in, they may feel puffy. With them out you may not notice it as much. It does take a bit of time for everything to fall into place. And since you just got them you may be more aware of them since you feel them. To me I honestly think they look great. The dentist or the tech in office, will be making adjustments as your gums heal. I suppose they explained that.

258 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

3 years ago

They will shrink and you look great. Ur gums are sore right now. Give it time. It’ll heal.

50 Messages

• 

942 Points

3 years ago

They look beautiful☺

4 Messages

• 

232 Points

Thank you

17 Messages

• 

530 Points

You're smile is beautiful!

43 Messages

• 

836 Points

i really like your teeth and your lip to me looks great as you have lips ;D  your gums will shrink and that will look less puffy i promise ya ♥

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

3 years ago

Did u get bottoms also?  They look great.

4 Messages

• 

232 Points

I only got top. Starting my bottoms next year due to insurance issues.

1.1K Messages

• 

19.7K Points

If you are getting lower dentures consider have snap on's with implants.  Lower dentures are more difficult to wear and implants make them more stable

143 Messages

• 

3.6K Points

3 years ago

They look fine.  Ya gotta give them 3 mo. min. for the fit to begin to set in. I always think I have "Monkey Lip" when I first install my upper in the AM.  They did a good job on the tooth size.

125 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

3 years ago

Looks great! I felt I looked like Snake Woman after I got mine, was puffy. 2 weeks later I feel better. I don't feel as if I look unnatural any longer.
You will have some swelling that will eventually go down and as denture dude makes your adjustments they'll start feeling better.

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

3 years ago

I think they look good. It takes a while for the swelling to go down and they will feel more comfortable.

1 Message

• 

82 Points

3 years ago

Amazing they do not look like dentures but real teath.

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 years ago

Took about a month for me to recognize myself in the mirror