paul_buchanan's profile

1 Message

• 

90 Points

Wed, Jan 17, 2018 5:41 AM

Hello, New to the denture world here. I have been using both fixodent and ploygrip, not together...LOL

Hello, New to the denture world here. I have been using both fixodent and ploygrip, not together...LOL anyway my question is what is the best way to get the stuff out of your mouth when you pull your teeth out? I have been using my finger to scrape it out , can be painful.. I have tried cloth and tissue and thooth brush.. It is just such a chour. Do you have any ideas for me?

4 Messages

• 

118 Points

4年前

Gargle with Apple cider vinegar and swish it in your mouth a couple times. It helps a little. It is hard to get it out.

34 Messages

• 

788 Points

4年前

I'll try the Apple Cider Vinegar as have an issue with removing it too. Thanks

51 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

4年前

I have found that if I wait for them to loosen in their own throughout the day, that I don’t have as much residue on my gums. However, I take a soft toothbrush and just scrub my gums with it. It’s gross and makes me gag everytime I spit the stuff out. I use secure adhesive which works awesome but it does tend to stick around. I typically get the adhesive stuck on the front side of my gums so I take the brush and swipe downward as it helps to grab the adhesive in one chunk. I also rinse with mouthwash (crest pro-health kind) to help lossen it up. It’s a bit of trial and error. I’ve tried using a damp washcloth or towel and that didn’t really do much except irritate my gums. I know others say that brushing with toothpaste (children’s kind) works to loosen it too. My biggest issue is getting it off my denture. Soaking overnight in polident tablets helps to remove it but some is still present and I end up scraping it off with my fingernail. Another quick note: since I use secure adhesive I only take them out before bed because otherwise I would need the jaws of life to remove it after eating. :)

238 Messages

• 

4.9K Points

Sarah, I've enjoyed this forum a great deal, and learned a lot from reading posts here.  One of the very best tips I ever got was about Secure adhesive.  Another one was how to easily remove Secure adhesive from your mouth and denture. 

Secure will come off easily when it is exposed to any substance with a PH of 9 or above.  One very common household substance you can use is baking soda, which just happens to have a PH of 9.

I take a regular spoon and get a good bit of baking soda and mix it in with some lukewarm water.  I swish a good mouthful of this around in and around my dentures while they are still glued into my mouth for a good 2 minutes or so.  Spit the water out and your denture will come out easily.

Then just swish another mouthful of the baking soda water around for another minute and use a dry paper towel to wipe off your gums and palate.  No residue!  Lastly, drop your denture into the remaining baking soda water in the glass and let it sit awhile.

Warning!  The Secure grows and puffs up after the denture soaks in the baking soda water - don't be frightened!  LOL!  It's just like jelly and washes off easily.

I really hope this helps you!

29 Messages

• 

786 Points

Shelley thank you for this bit of advice. I don't use secure adhesive I use Fixodent, but my reline did not give me a good suction fit and I have to continue to use adhesives. Without adhesive they just fall right down so I have to use a little bit more for a full day wear usually about 16 hours.

I decided to give the baking soda trick a try this evening. I still used my clean it wipes but using the baking soda made them easier to remove and quicker cleanup of all the adhesive. And my mouth feels much cleaner. So thank you again for this tip much appreciated.

14 Messages

• 

452 Points

What adhesive do you use, please

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Hi Dee Dee! For me, Secure works better than anything I've tried. I've spent a lot of money on products to keep my dentures in. Nothing comes close to Secure.  I buy it on Amazon for 12.99 a tube. A bit pricey, but worth it for me. Hope this helps you.

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

4年前

I use coconut oil. Swish for several minutes but be sure to spit in trash not into plumbing. Loosens but not perfect. Nothing is.

6 Messages

• 

146 Points

4年前

I am just wanting to say I still have same problem. But I hardly use any now as opposed to when I first started I use 3 very light strips, and I find that it is easier to remove the paste. But I use my nail to get it off and it isn't as bad as it used to be. I learned. Hope this helps.

29 Messages

• 

786 Points

4年前

I've had mine upper denture since June. And I to have trouble removing adhesive someone on the site had mention denture cloths. I found a brand called Clean-It on Amazon, 6 packages of 40 for round $15. I cut them in half so I can handle them easier and I use a twisting motion with my thumb seems to gather it all in one spot and it comes off in pieces. I follow by cleaning my gums with a child's toothbrush and follow with a mouth rinse. I find it removes 95 to 100% of the adhesive, the longer I have worn them during the day to less there is to remove.

8 Messages

• 

200 Points

4年前

I found that if I use a little baking soda and a soft toothbrush it seems to work

61 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

4年前

I prefer Sea Bond, it's the easiest to remove. Now and then I use an adhesive, Poligrip is the hardest to remove, I prefer Fixodent when I use an adhesive. And I use the barest minimal amount that will hold.  I'll try those Clean-It things from Amazon. 

12 Messages

• 

150 Points

4分前

I use the Joy because, among other things, it cuts grease and oil and it has a nice smell that is not strong or offensive and that doesn't last long.

- https://treeservicefairoaks.com/tree-cabling-and-bracing 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2分前

Apple cider vinegar usually does the trick. If not, try some alcoholic mouth wash and rise with ACV and that should do it.

www.sidingtopeka.com

11 Messages

• 

270 Points

2分前

I always used a cloth because it was like killing two birds with one stone. It’s important to routinely massage your gums to promote tissue health, as it improves blood circulation in the area. So I’d just take a warm washcloth and remove the adhesive while massaging my gums. It was a nice bedtime ritual. Hope this helps!