Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

37 Messages

• 

660 Points

Tue, May 17, 2016 10:02 PM

Got my Secure today

Got my secure in the mail today, applied it waited 30 minutes the ate a snickers and it popped lose on the bottom, reapplied and waited 4 hours and ate supper and halfway through the pork chop it popped lose, I applied it like the directions say, does anyone have any tips on how to apply it to bottoms so they will stay in.

Responses

230 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

4 years ago

That is not very promising. Any tips for her guys and gals? I can't use mine yet so now I am discouraged. Hey Janice maybe you have to still cut up the pork chops and cut up the snickers. I wish I could help you more.

37 Messages

• 

660 Points

4 years ago

Yeah, might have to, thanks for the advice. I might have to keep playing with how much I put on

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

4 years ago

I make the denture really dry. Also wipe any greasy surface off my gums, then dry them good before inserting denture. I also press both for 20 seconds. Nothing by mouth for 30 minutes or more. Even after more than a year, I still don't challenge them by eating chewy things. I have a new normal and I accept that.

37 Messages

• 

660 Points

4 years ago

Thank you, I will try that

20 Messages

• 

386 Points

4 years ago

I have tried everything anybody has suggested ever since I got mine the bottom will always be a problem from what I have learned it is more in learning to eat with the teeth thEn what you use on them to hold them because any of stuff will work to hold that and you do have limitations s with them they are not your real teeth and will not work as such from what I've seen with them.

24 Messages

• 

622 Points

4 years ago

I put it on as they suggest then use my finger to spread evenly over the surface so the entire thing is covered well then clam down for about 15 mins and do NOT eat or drink anything until after the 15 mins. Good luck!

815 Messages

• 

20.8K Points

4 years ago

I haven't tried a candy bar with Secure, but I haven't had any problems with eating meat.

I brush the teeth, dry them completely and lay off to the side. I then brush my gums, cheeks, tongue and roof of my mouth.

Then I take a fresh, dry paper towel and go over the top again, squirt a small amount (you'll figure out how much is right for you. Too little or too much will keep it from sticking properly. Spread it around, so there is a very thin layer in every nook and tiny space. I then lay them down, clean my hands, and i get to work on bottoms. I will use an orange stick or craft stick to push it down in every little space I then trim off the end that didn't line up and work with getting that in place. Trim it all down.

Take a fresh paper towel and dry my top gums and roof until it's like thwe Sahara, carefully place5 tuple tops in, with wiggle room. Repeat process for the lowers. Once they feel aligned, I clench my teeth for asale long as I can deal with it and avoid hot or fizzy things for a little while.

Good luck

37 Messages

• 

660 Points

4 years ago

Thank you everyone that replied.

6 Messages

• 

286 Points

4 years ago

Also, both the Snickers and the pork chop are tough and chewy. Try a three musketeers bar. And cut up anything tough and chewy. Biting into and biting off foods are still very difficult to do no matter what adhesive you use.