Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

3 Messages

• 

104 Points

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 6:43 PM

Glue taste and irritation

I've tried about 6 different glues and am finding they all give my mouth a sulfur taste after drinking. Is this normal? Also, the roof of my mouth is super sore and I'm about 6 months in. Any ideas?

Responses

46 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

24 days ago

As for the sulfur taste, I don't know. I never experienced that, but others may have. Is it drinking anything at all or something specific? If you've tried 6 different glues with same result, it leads me to believe its not necessarily the flue. Hopefully someone else on here has more experience with that issue. As for the soreness, I am over 2 years in and I still get sore. So that I think is pretty normal. At least for me. 

68 Messages

• 

890 Points

@joel_rook I have a question about cleaning the adhesive off the dentures.    When you clean it off, do you throw the adhesive in the garbage or down the sink?      

46 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

The sea bond liners I throw in trash. The polygrip glue I put the dentures in a cleanser over night then brush off whatever that doesn't dissolve in the morning and down the sink. There is always some polygrip stuck to my mouth too which I gargle away with warm saltwater (which also helps with inflammation).

53 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

23 days ago

I, too, tried  nearly every adhesive on the Market. For me, the worst was removing it from my mouth each night

Those that claim to "cushion" ... don't cushion at all

I finally settled on Sea Bond Sheets. They work the best for me. The Sea Bond Sheets do cushion, and are easy to remove each night

As for pain, I have Fibromyalgia so I'm sure that's the reason my gums still get sore (I've had these dentures about 3 years) especially by evening time, especially after chewing something like steak.

Think of the most comfortable shoes you've ever owned. If you had to be on your feet for 12+ hours, your feet would start to hurt even in those great shoes. Same thing with dentures, I think. Even the best fitting will start to hurt after a few hours

68 Messages

• 

890 Points

@mary_loedding_sells Is that with your bottom dentures or top dentures?   Or both.    I have no bone in my top jaw.   My gums have receded so much that my roots are showing.    

46 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

I have found that my lowers are a lot looser than my uppers. But not having bone up there probably isn't the case for you? I had severe damage to my lower jaw from a car accident though.

68 Messages

• 

890 Points

Yes, it’s no bone is the problem

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

22 days ago

Try Fixodent with scope flavor 

18 Messages

• 

270 Points

13 days ago

Hey!

I was having major issues with adhesives as well. I ordered the secure adhesive off Amazon and haven’t had any problem at all. It has no taste to it and it is honestly more or a glue texture than a paste so it doesn’t ooze out the back or side of the denture unless you use a ridiculous amount. I also put orajel or ambosol on my gums before I put my denture in after cleaning. And if I have any discomfort during the day I just add some more ambosol on my gums. I prefer ambosol to orajel with dentures because it is a liquid and not a paste so you can put it in the general area of where the pain is and it will numb the area and stop the pain. With orajel I have to put it exactly where the issue is for it to work. Good luck! I was really sick because of the adhesive taste in my mouth so I know exactly what you are referring to!