Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

10 Messages

• 

326 Points

Sat, Mar 18, 2017 10:09 PM

Glue not holding all day and the fixodent package says to only use once a day.

I recently got my full upper and lower dentures. After almost 4 months of no teeth I was excited to say the least. My dentures were loose from the start which my dentist said was because I have so little bone structure for them to grip onto. I went and purchased Fixodent plus superior hold. I have had issues from the start with the cream not holding the whole day. I read the package and it says not to use more than once a day. How is one supposed to eat with dentures that flop around and you can't apply more adhesive? Any suggestions???

Responses

44 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

4 years ago

Fire your Dentist !!

30 Messages

• 

508 Points

Mine does the same thing. So fustrating. And g etting the stuff out of the mouth is horrible. I have to dig it out with my finger nails. Can anyone help ?

34 Messages

• 

788 Points

Wow I go through hell trying to ge it off roof of my mouth too!

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Just a heads up for anyone having problems with swollen red burning mouth and lips. Also causing stomache problems...i wasnt aware that when using denture adhesive that contains zinc can only be used once a day. I used mine several times a day and it caused zinc poisoning, i thought it was an allergy at first, but later realized it wasnt an allergy, but just too much zinc. Please dont use zinc adhesives more than once a day, life will be miserable, especially when it hurts so much you cannot eat or drink.

4 Messages

• 

132 Points

You might want to use an adhesive that isn't a cream

259 Messages

• 

6.1K Points

I use zinc products.  Really important that your gums and dentures are completely dry before use.  Put them in and hold them in place for 5 seconds then bite down for 5 seconds so they seat properly.  Don't eat or drink for 10 minutes after putting them in.   

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

4 years ago

Try SECURE PASTE AND STRIPS call them sometimes they will send samples.  I have the same prob only bottom no bone.  That is the problem.  Not so much the dentures which btw I HATE.

10 Messages

• 

326 Points

Thank you both!

18 Messages

• 

436 Points

They No Longer Make Cushion Grip. But there is an alternative. It's like cushion grip sandbox called Cushion Correct. It's Made In Japan But You Can Find It On Amazon. Just search "Cushion Correct". They also Make an ez formula that supposed to be easier to apply and remove but I found it Doenst stick as well to the gum. I also have bone loss and my lower plate won't stay secure but the cushion correct does just that. Try it you won't be sorry. Dump the fixodent or any other paste they never work. Secure worked somewhat but now that I found cushion correct I can bite,chew,talk,sing and whistle. Good Luck

18 Messages

• 

436 Points

Shionogi Cushion Correct EZ Denture Grip Adhesive - 30g https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KQJSEKC/...

18 Messages

• 

436 Points

Shionogi Japan CUSHION CORRECT Denture Adhesive 36g https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KCA7BKO/...

221 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

4 years ago

You can use it several times a day. If you are concerned about zinc, purchase the kind without. I use secure or fixodent without the flavoring. With fixodent, you have to replace at least once a day. Mine was more than that.

259 Messages

• 

6.1K Points

4 years ago

I use zinc free adhesive

16 Messages

• 

590 Points

4 years ago

I have a similar problem mostly with my lowers. Once the dentist put the permanent lining in it helped a little. I use a mix. First I make sure my treeth are really dry before I add the adhesive. I use the secure paste. Then I add fixedident powder in a light coat over top.. That works from 6 a till about 4 p. I have reapplied on my bottoms when they loosen. I have also accepted there are just things I can't eat any more too. Without pins holding my denture in place Hogies (subs) are out, s are nuts, and anything I have to take a bite into.. Small pieces, especially of well cooked meat is a little easier. Unfortunately, test was the sacrifice I made to be pain free and to have solid smile for the first time in years.

259 Messages

• 

6.1K Points

I use polident and it holds all day for me.  I can bite into sub sandwiches, pizza, burgers, etc without a problem.

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

I also use polident. The powder. It lasts all day and I can bite most everything. Lol. I recently got secure sample and am trying today. So far it hold really well but I feel like I used too much maybe. Lol. But polident powder is my favorite still

10 Messages

• 

326 Points

Thank you! Does the polident powder leave a oily feeling in your mouth like the polident cream?

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

Not at all. It feels a lot better than any thing else I've tried. Lol. And easiest to clean up. I tried secure for 1st time today. Its for sure secure hold just feels thick under denture and its after 10 and I'm beginning to worry if I will get it loose. Lol. But the polident powder is really what I like the best so far as far as working and feeling.

34 Messages

• 

788 Points

Yes I have bone cut down on lowers so having trouble with fixodent holding. Considering the secure hold or polident powder

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

4 years ago

Nothing holds my bottoms.  The answer is to have bone.  So I use Secure and it stays but I I eat I am dead.

18 Messages

• 

436 Points

4 years ago

Shionogi Japan CUSHION CORRECT Denture Adhesive 36g https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KCA7BKO/...

18 Messages

• 

436 Points

4 years ago

This product Works To hold Dentures Securely to the gum and created a seal between denture and gum to hold them in place. It's water proof you can eat and drink with it in .easy application no sticky mess and it lasts for days and you can even remove your denture and replace without reapplying it's called Cushion Correct And Find It On Amazon Ots made It Japan and Like The Now Discontinued Cushion Grip Try It I have Extensive bone Loss On My Lower And This Works great

10 Messages

• 

326 Points

Does it contain Zinc?

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

34 Messages

• 

788 Points

Curious why zinc or not since zinc is healing? 

34 Messages

• 

788 Points

I'm going to have to order this. Nothing else really works for my lowers. 

191 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

4 years ago

can you soak this overnight in a denture bath?  Do you line the denture with it then apply a denture adhesive on top of it?

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

Yes and yes.

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

4 years ago

So is the Cushion Correct worth getting?

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

Yes.  It's awesome.