les's profile

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Mon, May 8, 2017 7:40 PM

DenSureFit?? Anyone

Has anyone tried this ? It's $49.95 a tube..
I am still desperate for help.
Still struggling. I hate my denture
I'm 13 months into this disaster. It has not gotten any BETTER.
10 relines, 2 sets, dentist, oral surgeon, prosthodontist.
I am not a candidate for implants. This has ruined my life.

I just found this densurefit online today. Thought i would check to see if anyone has tried.
I have tried everything. From $1- $300. Nothing works. My top denture flops around and falls out.

Thank you.
Les

458 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

5 y ago

Welcome to our group.  I can only speak for myself.  I have bottom dentures and hate them as well.  A Denturist is the way to go.  They are considered the third party, but when u find out u can go and have them make your denture without a dentist amazing.  So I would go to the denturist, but before u go there r man people that went your route.   Where do u live put it out there recommendation always helps.  BTW the are not cheap. I live in Queens NY .

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Thanks Joan. I am in Knoxville TN.
I have spent almost $9,000 Since March of 2015. On appts, pastes,adhesives, home remedies. I want to take a dremel and cut the palate out. This is awful. Just awful.

207 Messages

• 

4.9K Points

Yes!! I heard that too. I'm going to try that. I'd been sick and another family member got sick...so I had hoped when i got back to dentist they were going to fix them like they thought. Nope. And Les, they told me that I needed new set made and All the same you have already had done. Except mine is bottoms...my jaw is not lined up... anyway, I really really feel for you. It is so tough. They keep telling me to eat with them..cant wear 24 hours...cant. So they tell me I'm not trying. I have bone loss and I told them I have no more money. I don't think my family even believes me. But. There was a denturist on here who explained what they did. So I looked up and yes...that is all they do is to make teeth fit. They would be the people the dentist would go to. But you can go straight your self. Now I haven't been yet...so I can't say for sure. My mother in law had worked for dentist for many years and how they made dentures is not what my dentist did. And hers were perfect. So I am not sure if it is my jaw or the office I go to. Alot of people have trouble. Sometimes I doubt myself. I do.know that many on here have advice for same problem. And I know someone whose dentures didn't work for few years, but slowly started getting better
I'm sorry I have no good answer except I can relate even though I haven't gone through what you have. That's what they told me to do. Thank you for the warning. Maybe that's what they say when they don't know how to fix. But, I'm certain something will come along. I want to be able to eat in public. Take Care..... if anything works..pass it on.

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Bless your heart. Don't doubt yourself.. easier said than done. I know... I feel the same way. And feel like my family doesn't believe me either.
I just found a denturist!!! I am going to see him at 830am tomorrow. Thank you ALL!!

I want to eat in public. I just want to go out. When I do go, I take my teeth out in my car, they feel awful in my mouth. My luck I will wreck and they will fly out the window.
I guess it could be worse. But I tell ya. This is pretty bad. 45 look 85! Bad bad decision. I had 2 bones removed from my gum, the dentist said that would help.. nope. None. My last hope is the denturist in the morning.
Thanks for your words of encouragement.
I promise to post after my visit tomorrow.

207 Messages

• 

4.9K Points

Oh!!!! Let me know let me know. If you like them. And even in another country I'll fly there
No I won't I'm broke now cause I'm paying on teeth...maybe hitchhike. Giggles. But really would like to know what you think.

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

My Dentist rocks.  Private Dentist with their own "in-house" Denture Lab and Techs.
I think Denturists are a good option.  
Not allowed in PA though.  #adasux

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

5 y ago

I mentioned this product in another thread.  Looks interesting.
I saw this video review posted in another forum:
https://youtu.be/dGQcyHvjeSk
I've exchanged a few E-mails with them and may order it at some point.
https://www.densurefit.com/

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

5 y ago

Thank you Ted. I just ordered 2 tubes
Spoke to a very nice lady by the name of Juliette, she was very helpful. She gave me some hope.
I done the stupid comfort lining.. big mistake.
This Juliette is wanting me to call her as soon as the product arrives, she will talk me through the application. She gave me a good discount and free shipping.
Oh. I hope it works
Thanks again

191 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

I hope this works for you and you find relief.

29 Messages

• 

570 Points

Omg, please tell me how it goes! I ordered comfort lining first (not much choice at the time) and want to try densurefit, but it will be months before I can.

I want to know if stays out, or squeezes out like the comfort lining. Th CL gets so thin, so fast, it's useless for me on my bottoms. (my wisdoms were cut out when I was a teenager, it's very tender back there at the edge). Sure, CL feels great - at first. But just the warmth of my mouth softens it and it squishes out. For people without that type of issue, it probably works great. Just not for me.

So at least you will understand what I'm talking about, right?

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Pamela, yes I know exactly what you are talking about. The goo ran out the back, i would get choked on it. It ran over the sides too.

Ok. I done the DenSure Fit. With the help of Juliette and Tommy. They walked me through the whole process.. It Does NOT BURN... I am shocked. At how this works. It honestly works. I told them I could just cry..
I ordered 2 kits, because I use glues and powder every waking hour.
My mouth changes throughout the day. I have fibromyalgia and take turmeric. Turmeric is for inflammation. So what we put in our bodies effects our mouth too.

I bought 2 kits, and used 2 1/2 tubes, it did come out the back and up over the sides, but once it's cut it hasn't done it anymore. I can't believe I don't have any glue in right now and I'm not gagging.
As of right now, I recommend trying it. They are very sweet people. And for them to talk to me on the phone. That's just Great.

Please let me know if I can help. I'm no pro at this. About 14 months in.
But I can tell you I have tried every single powder, paste, glue, cheap and expensive. Nothing worked.
So far this does. I'm afraid to brag too much.

29 Messages

• 

570 Points

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I could just cry for you, too! To think to find something! After all we've gone through! The money we've thrown away!

Juliette is wonderful, I know. I've been emailing her. I wish I could have just ordered the densurefit first and been done with it!

No adhesive has ever done anything but dissolve the moment it goes in my mouth... Secure did last longer, I will admit that - and it was good on the upper. The lower, no.

Im lucky, I don't work outside my home, I don't wear them unless I go out. My boyfriend is beyond frustrated, he loves taking me out to eat, and it just kills him I eat a quarter of my meal and I'm done, i just can't chew anymore. He knows I'm still hungry. At least, I can keep them in with the CL. He's overjoyed at that, lol.

I can't wait til I can get the densurefit! Keep us updated, we all want to hear. We'll be here if it goes bad, we'll be here if you want to shout from the rooftops how wonderful it stays!

I have to add this about my dentist, if anyone feels they are close enough -

I adore my dentist. I went to Affordable Dentures (I know right? The stories you hear!) in Lake Charles, La. Dr Tommy was amazing. I don't do well with dentists, but he was wonderful!

The staff, pure gold! I was welcome to come every day if I needed to, to adjust for sore spots. But I lived 50 miles away . I learned how to use my battery operated nail file ($8.00 dollar general) to smooth places down. Learned how to use reline-it (practically the same thing as my dentists used for the soft lining in the immediate Dentures.

The immediate are always made from the lowest quality, the Economy set. But it's not bad, they are cusped teeth. My Permanents are the Premium set, and I could not be more thrilled! They are so little and dainty! $2800. No hidden fees. 1yr guarantee on the permanent ones. 1 month of adjustments once you get the permanents.

You can get a soft reline for $100. My gums are still shrinking, up to 2 years later. So, no, I stick with reline - it changing it every 2 weeks or so . Now I'm ready for something I don't have to change so often, and I don't want something that hard. I have bone edges, and they hurt if anything touches them. (bone loss, my ass. 30 years that bone is still sharp)

I recommend them (this particular one!) to anyone who can make the trip, and deal with minor things on your own, only going there when necessary.

And no, I'm not compensated for this, lol. I wish!

29 Messages

• 

570 Points

Oh, And Ted, out of curiosity for how much I might use... Do you have a full set, uppers and lowers? What size would say they are? (some men's are big, some aren't) And you used 2 1/2 tubes, that's a box and a half?

458 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

5 y ago

Ted go to the website all the way down and read the warning about long term use of above product and also read which type of materials should not be used with this product.

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

My dentures are acrylic.  Both full.  Not Valplast or nylon.  So far as long-term bone loss I think most of us know people that have had the same Dentures for a LONG time and they still fit.  I think this bone loss thing is a "legal disclaimer" and Dentists hype the bone loss "semi-myth" to sell expensive implants.  IMHO.  I could be wrong?

My distrust of Dentists began after losing a few teeth and buying a partial that hurt to wear so I didn't.  They told me if I didn't wear it, my teeth would shift.  They didn't shift and the uncomfortable partial still fit 10 years later.

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

I also thing think our legal climate in the USA had something to do with Schering Plough/Bayer/Merck pulling Cushion Grip from the market.  Either that or they caved to pressure from the ADA.  Again, IMHO

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

You are probably right.
Bone loss- BS. My mom, dad, mamaw still have the same denture from a hundred years ago. They don't have bone loss. It's all about the almighty dollar.
I won't get started. Because I have spent a ton of it.

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

I am in total agreement about the bone loss stuff myself. My grandparents and my dad had the same set for years and ears. And fit fine. And now I'm curious about this densure fit product. Lol. Its a never ending quest trying to find the best denture products. Lol.

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

I will let you know in a couple of days. I have tried it all.

207 Messages

• 

4.9K Points

5 y ago

Let me know, please. Hope it does trick for you

9 Messages

• 

290 Points

5 y ago

Have you looked into mini implants that is what I have and my denture is pallet less because of them. 7 couldn't be happier

7 Messages

• 

176 Points

How much did the mini implants cost you?

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

5 y ago

Thanks Bernice. Yes. I had a consult for mini implants. I'm not a candidate for them. Not enough bone .

2 Messages

• 

76 Points

That's my delimma as well..peridontal disease thanks to my immune system...or should I say lack there of....ykwim

13 Messages

• 

364 Points

You can have bone replacement procedures you know. It will cost money but it will make you eligible. Google it. 

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

5 y ago

I got a package in the mail today.  I'm torn between pulling out the Bonyf AG Cushion Liner in my upper and leaving it in to see how it wears....  Decisions, decisions.

458 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

You got some lab going there.

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

I'm still Happy with mine! 3 days in. I hope it continues to last.
Good luck!

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

You probably already know this, but once you open the silicone you have to use it all. I didn't like that part.

29 Messages

• 

570 Points

Why? There has to be a way to save it!

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

It has to do with the way they design their product to make it easy for consumers to use.   Once the product dries in that tip, the tip is useless.  I guess in theory you could break it off and try to store it unmixed?  Sort of defeats the "ease of use feature" though.  I haven't tried it yet so this is MY speculation based on working with other similar things like two part epoxy, other liner products, etc.

https://youtu.be/JyiD3uYDwbo

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

5 y ago

Here's a look at my Uppers and Lowers (lowers are an "off-label" use of DenSurFit) after the DenSurFit setup in them for about an hour.  While I only used about 1/2 of one tube, I did use ALL the primer to do both dentures.  :-(

Time will tell how well this product holds up but it feels great in both dentures at T + 24 hours and I'm trying this product without using other adhesives for now and it's working well thus far. 

89 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Densurefit is the best. You dont need to use alot of primier and never use primier on top of silacone. I am going on 4 months with desurefit in my teeth.

90 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Is it difficult to get the DenSure Fit off your dentures and from your mouth?

29 Messages

• 

570 Points

5 y ago

That picture is the most helpful thing!!! I'll need it that thick, but to do more around sides, so 1 tube should be perfect. I was worried no end when Les said he used 2 1/2, if that's what I'd need, No way I could afford it! This, though, yes, I could afford to do it if I just used 2, but omg to just use 1! I could just dance!!! (whoot-and it's cheaper than CL!)

I've included pictures of mine with just now applied Comfort Lining so others can see what I mean. It's very thin on the palate part of the upper. I will add, I'm not having trouble with too much oozing out of the upper. CL works fine on perfect fitting but slightly loose teeth.You have actually loose dentures or parts of gums that are tender, such as bone issues, forget it. I need a 2mm layer on the bottom that stays puts. CL thins out. 

Thanks Ted!

2 Messages

• 

82 Points

Are you putting the glue on your bottom denture also? And does it work?

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

5 y ago

DenSurFit has to be the easiest liner product to use due to the mixing tip.

This is the first silicone (vinyl polysiloxane) liner  product I have used.  

I'm on day 3 and it still fits and feels great.  

Very soft, but it still seems to be durable and is also easy to clean.

I wish it came with more primer as I have an entire unused tube + left.

I pretty impressed with this stuff so far.

Note on Comfort Lining:  You couldn't PAY ME to use that stuff.

I see she has FINALLY listed ingredients of the EX on her web site.

Member "cpaulg" summed it up perfectly in a post about a week ago:

"The worst one of all the "alternatives" is a basement concoction called Comfort Lining"

https://getsatisfaction.com/dentureliving/topics/please-make-a-product-comparable-to-cushion-grip?to...

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

5 y ago

That's great Ted. I'm still doing great with mine.
I bought the comfort lining too. That stuff did not work. I was VERY UPSET WITH THEM(comfort lining)
The DenSure Fit do far has been the best thing I have tried.

Pamela, I don't think 1 kit will be enough for you. SAve up and get two kits. You can call them and see if they could give you a discount, they done free shipping for me. You need to call them and let her walk you through the process, juliette and her husband were very helpful. I think being on the phone with them made it much easier for me.
When I done the 1 tube it was still real loose. , 2nd tune was better but not just right. But my denture was bad. I could not talk without it falling out of my mouth.
Good luck.

29 Messages

• 

570 Points

5 y ago

Ah, but I can talk, even sing with mine, no glue, just can't wear them or eat, too many tender places that I guess won't ever go away, (it's been 2 years )

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

Hi Pamela. Is it a full lower that you have? Do you chew on both sides at the same time?

29 Messages

• 

570 Points

Yes, a full lower. And, no, I can't chew on both sides because of a boney corner on one side where my molars were cut out as a teenager. I know that's part of problem. Part of the reason I need the cushion of densurefit. Another in the front from extractions taking out bone, too. I can chew on both sides if those spots won't touch the denture.

64 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

I had those . My dentist cut those bones out. Thinking it would help my fit. Nope. Not for me. Mine were on the top. Right above my eye teeth. ( used to be eye teeth)

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

I'm sorry to hear that Pamela. I wonder if they could've shaved the bone down a little so that you wouldn't have the pain? It's hard to tell when for example you're not in our location physically to see if you have some options. Good to know you can chew on both sides at the same time. That's a tough one to learn. If I remember correctly you mentioned in a comment somewhere that you've tried everything? I can't remember if that was with Dentists etc or adhesives? I also wonder if implants may help but they're costly. Even though I work at a Denture Clinic I'm practical and I don't sugar coat things. I don't have insurance and my hubby needs dental work as well that we've had to put on the side for now. So yes, I mentioned implants and not sure if they would work for you but I get it. The cost is a factor. I really wish all this stuff was covered. I know we are a little more fortunate here in Canada (Ontario) with our health care but retirees and elderly are not considered very much. I don't mean that's the only age group we get. We get young people as well. It's pretty disgusting that many try and work hard all their lives and once things like this for example are needed there's not much help.

If you ever wanted to think about implants and you are a good candidate for it I would think 2 are good. Once again not seeing the inside of your mouth in person doesn't really help. But!!!!!! Just a tip!!! The more implants the better yes! Most Dentists will tell you need 4 or more but I think they forget we don't have an income like them. Most of the time 2 will be fine. We recommended a nice lady to think about seeing a Dentist for at least 2. She came back with 8! 4 upper/4 lower. Ugggh I felt bad for her. so much money spent but in our business we have to be amicable with the local Dentists in our town so I couldn't tell her he made her get too many. If you can get implants it may help with the discomfort on the back. The denture would snap (Implant Retained Full Lower Denture) on the implants and may give relief and not put so much pressure on the back. Once again so hard to tell when you're not here in the chair but if you didn't know any of this I hope it will help. That's what I'm hear to do. Give some people tips about what goes on in the "inside" of this dental world that many may not know or offices don't bother telling them. We try our best to teach/educate everything when it comes to dentures to people that walk through our door. We try our best with info on natural teeth as well however we are a Denture Clinic specializing in Dentures only and only know so much about natural dentition (teeth). I hope this helps you a bit girl. If not I hope its helps someone out there.

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

Les, I wish you were having no issues as well. I'm not sure about your experience. Posts and comments are scattered all over the place on here.

458 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

5 y ago

SECURE denture paste might help w your tender spots.  Probably when u chew your denture is moving causing sore spots to occur.

29 Messages

• 

570 Points

5 y ago

Joan, I've tried secure. Secure, polident, fixodent, seabond. Not one glue works - though the secure held longer - once I start eating, it dissolves. Nothing holds that lower in place. I've enough experience now with the CL to know I need the cushioning. Densurefit will be perfect.

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Densurfit did not work on my lower denture and then I had an awful time removing the stuff. My bottom denture flops around and I can't even talk or eat with it.  Most of the time I just go without it.  I am thinking of implants but I know they are costly. It would be worth it, however.

453 Messages

• 

11.5K Points

DenSureFit packaging and advertising specifically states that it is for Uppers only.  

It works great in my high quality heat-cured dentures - Upper and lower.  

Sounds like you may have some issues beyond the scope of this product.  

I had planned on getting 3M ESPE MDI's on my lowers at eDay.  When the time came, for my Permanent Dentures, I didn't see the need and saved $1,700.

We're all different though.

89 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Alot of people are using densurefit in bottom dentsure. It is just like the product dentist use for a soft reline.

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

Densurefit sells kits for both upper and lower dentures.