Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

21 Messages

• 

468 Points

Sat, Jan 17, 2015 4:56 AM

Any one ever use sea bond for lowers? I understand you need to trim it to fit. Is it hard to follow?

Responses

10 Messages

• 

276 Points

6 years ago

dont bother, its one of the most complicated product to use! ive still got some from 4 years ago, dont use it, & it doesnt actually work, Im sure one day dentures will be a thing of the past.

28 Messages

• 

538 Points

So true L C . Where it is great for top partial,it doesn't do anything for the bottom. Don't waste your money

10 Messages

• 

276 Points

these money grabbing companies never think of the distress it is causing! its bad enough to try and get use to dentures

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

Lynn, Secure has strips for lower. I trim the ends to make it shorter and cut the main piece into FOUR. Fits me perfectly and comes out well too. The Secure adhesive holds pretty long for the upper, not as easy to get out of mouth. This is only available on internet, i.e.Amazon. I wish Fixodent had a similar product. This is better than Sea Bond and both packages state no zinc in them. Zinc makes denture hold better but also can have side effects.

68 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

What kind of side effects can zinc have???

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

Neurological effects, neuropathy, nerve damage. It made my neuropathy worse, worsened my migraines and gave me tingling in hands, arms feet and face. Plus I had some stomach upset.