donald_gross_jr's profile

6 Messages

• 

270 Points

Tue, Nov 4, 2014 10:16 PM

Any one ever had problem with Fixodent,making u sick to stomach

I got my dentures 2 weeks ago been using Fixodent  and for last 2 weeks i been sick with my stomach and have diarrhea!

28 Messages

• 

538 Points

7 y ago

No,you have to realize TEETH can collect bacteria. Do you take them out each night and soak them in overnight soak . I use polident for that. I haven't seen a fixodent soak.

6 Messages

• 

270 Points

Yes i use POLIDENT tablets every night quit using the glue powder hoping this will help it holds better and don't have to spend lot time trying get glue out of mouth

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

There is a fixadent soak.

10 Messages

• 

280 Points

I used it to hold my dentures in place for the first time and became violently ill when they came loose!

2 Messages

• 

72 Points

I have been getting really sick lately and i think it is from the fixadent im not sure but i have to use it like 5 times a day 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

I have been sick for 6 days. Headache, foul metallic taste which I can't eat forced to drink even with taste. Sick and nauseated. I believe I'm getting sick from the fixodent and poligrip. I haven't used since getting sick. Want to know when I'll get taste buds back and headaches gone?

20 Messages

• 

250 Points

7 y ago

i just got mine too and there to big and i cant get the fixodent to stick the dentist wont help me 

164 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

7 y ago

Hi Donald, sorry to hear about your stomach issues! If you would, please call our care team at 1-855-236-3353, and consider talking to your health professional about your discomfort. Hope you are feeling better soon!

6 Messages

• 

270 Points

Got mine relined they fit good been one month now , i starting eat lot better now,stomach better found out some new med's was my problem

164 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

Glad to hear you are doing better! Relines often help a lot. Thanks for the update! :)

20 Messages

• 

250 Points

i wish i could say that im having nothing but trouble now i have to go find fixodent powder and see if that helps tried everything else

132 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

What exactly is a reline, and what do they do. All my denist said was my insurance wont pay for one for six months..

347 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

My insurance makes me wait 6 months also. It is adjusted to fit your gums which shrink after extractions. My lower fit much better after reline. Upper can't be dobe till April. I just bought strips to see if they are better in any way.

1 Message

• 

80 Points

4 y ago

Yes! It was because of the ZINC in the Fixodent. There is a warning right on the tube about the zinc. Stop using it ASAP

2 Messages

• 

72 Points

Now it says does not contain zinc on the tube

23 Messages

• 

666 Points

Oh I see now. Your using that nasty pastey one. You have to try this one .It seems to b the only kind I can use.

21 Messages

• 

350 Points

I can not stand Fixodent it make me sick to my stomach I recommend poligrip without zinc and been using for more than six months.

12 Messages

• 

210 Points

4 y ago

Hi everyone.  Our scientific research shows that the amount of zinc an average user absorbs from Fixodent is approximately 2 mg. If your're using other products containing zinc, you should consult your healthcare professional.

We'd love to learn more about your experiences using Fixodent. Since the amount of assistance we can provide via this forum is limited, we ask that you contact us toll free at 1-800-214-8871, Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm EST. Thank you.

238 Messages

• 

4.9K Points

I'm so glad to see a member of the moderator team on the board!  We had an incident in which it would have been good to get someone official involved.

Would you please tell us how we can get the attention of the moderators in situations like that?

Thanks so much
Schelly

12 Messages

• 

210 Points

4 y ago

Hi Schelly,

There isn't an option to Private Message an employee moderator directly on this forum. However, when creating a New Conversation, there is a box that reads " Post This Conversation Privately". When you check that box off, only employee moderators will be able to view and respond to the post.  In the meantime, I'll try my best to look at what is going through these conversations to ensure that nothing inappropriate is being posted.

238 Messages

• 

4.9K Points

Perfect - it has been calm recently - the troublesome conversations were surrounding posts of individual's personally identifiable information by a vendor or ex-vendor of a denture cushion product, if that helps you search.  Breaches of security like that concern me as a matter of principle.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

I used fixadent for first time yeaterday as soon as I removed my upper teeth I was sick imidiatly really sick and it leaves a horrible gum/slime on your gums and it’s really hard to get off and I only used a small amount kinda put me off now

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

Does it have zinc in it?

48 Messages

• 

252 Points

3 y ago

Get profit of the most healthy denture adhesive cream in the world with up to 45% OFF before Winter Sale ends up at https://shop.olivafix.com/

2 Messages

• 

78 Points

I’m going to order from Amazon

10 Messages

• 

254 Points

2 y ago

I've seen some responses on here where people have mentioned possible allergies? Maybe some ingredient is not compatible with your system?

2 Messages

• 

92 Points

2 y ago

Used both fixate the and polygrip both make me sick and the back door trots, at a loss what to use, I have burning in my throat and chest, at a loss what to do

89 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

How far are you post extractions?  Can you do soft relines from Walmart? There are  many Facebook denture groups to include do your own denture and many more where you can get some ideas.

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Caution on the self-soft relines. The chemicals may cause your dentures to crack prematurely. As always, ASK YOUR DENTIST before using any OTC product on your dentures. Doing any type of augmentation to your dentures may also void your warranty.

89 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

For many people the warranty has run out a long time ago and they still are afraid to work with their own dentures..even when a dentist cannot get them made and adjusted right 

2 Messages

• 

92 Points

Two and half weeks

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

2 y ago

I am so happy you posted this - I have been so nauseous for days and also the loose stools - today I noticed that I was feeling very nauseous  - it started about 45 minutes after I put my dentures in !  I took them out and got all the Fixodent out and with in 10 minutes started feeling better !!  The dentures I have now are only temporary ones as I had a lot of extractions as well - I really didnt think something would come up when I searched - lol 

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

Hey Jessie, does it have zinc in it?

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

yes

1.7K Messages

• 

26.6K Points

There is zinc-free polident and there may be some Fixodent zinc-free ones. Try it. Keep me posted. :)

1 Message

• 

60 Points

8 m ago

Am glad I found all this information here, I was using Poligrip zinc free and was fine, but two months ago I went to the store and all they have was fixodent and I bought it. I knew something was wrong with my body but didn't know what, tireness, sore throat, muscle pain, diahrrea , I had all the symptoms. Am stopping using it immediately . Thanks

89 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

I was using Fixodent powder and I stopped it a few weeks ago. I was having to blow my nose a lot and had blood in the mucous and I would cough a lot and produce some fresh blood there, too. All of that blood and irritation has stopped in just a week or 10 days off of it. I am using Cushion Grip and it is amazing.

(edited)

9 Messages

• 

202 Points

8 m ago

I love how Fixadent holds my dentures in, better than anything I have tried since getting them a year ago. But tha awful metallic taste is killing me. Is there any solution? 

21 Messages

• 

350 Points

8 m ago

I STARTED WITH FIXODENT FOUR YEARS AGO HAD TO STOP IT MADE MY STOMACH HURT BAD I SWITCHED OVER TO POLIGRIP W/OUT ZINC USE IT UP TO RECENTLY JUST CHANGE OVER TO SECURE DENTURE GLUE AND I'M REALLY ENJOYING IT I BUY IT ONLINE THROUGH AMAZON.

9 Messages

• 

202 Points

@jeannette 

Thank you. I will try it. Polygraph just doesn't hold for me as well as Fixadent. But I can't handle that awful taste.

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

8 m ago

I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort. 

Google