L

2 Messages

• 

82 Points

Fri, Jun 4, 2021 6:22 PM

Advice Please Dentures

Hello everyone, my name is David S, and I am a denture owner. I have a full top, and a partial bottom. Let's just say, that my past caught up to me. God has since introduced two beautiful young boys into my life, and I could not feel any more blessed. I do not live in my past anymore, but my past is definitely present in my future situations; my dentures being one. I am here throwing a Hail Mary I guess, because I have tried on multiple platforms, and I just cannot find the answer I seek.

I want to say that I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ, and I am a firm believer in his healing. 

I am roughly 3 1/2 months into wearing my top dentures. I have since had 7 adjustments, and a recent soft reline. You guys (brothers and sisters)....I am miserable. I cannot get used to these, and my past choices landed me In some low places. I have learned so much, and given so much away......(life).

If I were rich..... I would definitely have implants, but that is not an option for me. I am a very good father in my opinion, and I love my children very much, but I get anxiety over my dental situation. Just don't want to be remembered as a toothless father if you know what I'm saying.

Anyhow, I pray for healing every single day from my heavenly father, and I will continue to do so. I know that he works on his time, and not on mine. Anyhow....there is my rant...

My question is...

Will I ever get used to these dentures?

The anxiety...the weight loss, the feeling of being a failure.

I am seeking words of encouragement...or advice....thank you

Responses

241 Messages

• 

4.6K Points

9 d ago

Put your destiny into your own hands, instead of relying on fairy tales.  Take action to learn to adjust them yourself, buy an electric nail file machine (with bits), buy some soft reline products yourself and learn how to use it; not the $5 crap from Walmart either, the $25 products from overseas sold on Ebay, and remember, it took a long time for your teeth to rot so you're not going to fix all of that in a year or two.  Get over yourself and get with it!

4 Messages

• 

108 Points

Ok .your advice was on point up until the very end  wtf is the matter with you? Not everyone has dentures because they LET their teeth  rot!!!! 

(edited)

80 Messages

• 

1K Points

6 d ago

Right now I feel like a failure too because I'm starting to lose all my teeth.  the dentist said dentures will not fit in my mouth because I have no gums or bone.  The periodontist wants my dentist to remove at least 5 teeth right now, but my dentist said no because I would be crippled without teeth.  I'm scared about the day I'm going to lose all my teeth.  It's so bad that you see BELOW the roots of the teeth.  When I brush, pure red blood comes dripping out of mouth.   It's getting worse everyday.  I don't have much time left before I start losing all my  teeth.   I'm only 45 years old and I'm losing my teeth.    My gums rip when I brush my teeth.  Pieces of gums sheds off.    I find that I have lost hope in God.  I'm a firm believer of Jesus Christ too.   But I know that dentures will not fit in my mouth because I have no bone or gums to hold them on.    

Celestine

4 Messages

• 

108 Points

4 d ago

I am. Sorry you're going thru this! I want you to pray to God more than anything because Dentists are all the same and they don't know what they're doing is bullshit because they are young and have not had the pleasure.