Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

3 Messages

• 

104 Points

Fri, Jan 20, 2017 2:30 AM

3rd day bottom denture blues

So I've had my top dentures for 10 years. They are doing great. Just got my bottom teeth pulled 3 days ago with the bottom plate going immediately in. Maybe this is crazy but today, the 3rd day had been the worst. I'm miserable. And hurting more then I have been. And I made the mistake and looked. Oh my god. My gums are all white, and stitched. My quistion is, when can you start using fixadent because I'm having a heck of a time eating. And is this normal for the 3rd day to be so bad? Yesterday, I did good. Even ate a banana. Today I can't stand to eat anything at all. :( I don't go back for 3 weeks to do a realign. Have a feeling it's gonna have to be sooner though.

Responses

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

4 years ago

So you still have stitches OUCH.  You probably feel worse cause you have been wearing your dentures and your gums are raw  I would not wear dentures until stitches are out or dissolved. Rinse with warm water no salt it will burn.  Add a little salt each day.

30 Messages

• 

724 Points

4 years ago

I used secure after the second day,,,but salt water flushes three times daily....

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

4 years ago

Hi I had all teeth out top& bottom 14 days ago and had immediate dentures no stitches though,I too found day 3 &5 the worse for pain& swelling.I was told to try and sleep propped up I'm bed instead of laying flat and it did really work keep up with salt water I also keep a water of water in fridge and keep in mouth a few mins then put in or take out dentures it helps shrink gums a few seconds so less painful when putting denture in.Hope info helps. Best wishes Jules

221 Messages

• 

5.9K Points

4 years ago

I was horrified with my first look at my gums. I didn't have stitches and my gums were white. I'd ask your dentist for what to take for pain. The salt water does wonders. I'm almost at two years and I still use it for sores. I stuck with soup, pudding, ice cream, scrambled eggs, and the like for a few days. Then worked my way up. Small bites help too. I'd ask your dentist about adhesive. Several days out, I was allowed to put it where I didn't have teeth to begin with. Not at the extraction sites.

22 Messages

• 

342 Points

4 years ago

I've been wearing top and bottom since 2010. I'm so used to them I don't ever stay more than 5 mins without them in. The longer u leave em in the.more u will get used to them. The bottoms are annoying as hell tho because every time I eat they need new fixadent. I need to try a new glue maybe because fixadent dissolves fast...

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

4 years ago

SECURE paste go to website they l send u samples also strips.

22 Messages

• 

342 Points

4 years ago

What's it called. Secure ? Is that the 35$ tube ?

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

4 years ago

No $8.99 per tube use very little and spread with finger also get cleaner soak and make sure to dry very well with paper towel when applying.