Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

8 Messages

• 

210 Points

Tue, Oct 1, 2013 9:31 PM

Using denture adhesive more then once a day

Some days I need to use the adhesive more then once a day. Had my extractions and both top & bottom dentures put in about 2 months ago. As my gums healed the dentures became lose, the bottom denture is the worse. Because of my work schedule I clean and use Fixodent adhesive at 5:00 am by supper time 5 or 6 pm I need to use more adhesive on the bottoms or I can eat. I read you should not use more then once a day, but what can I do. In 6 months I will getting a permanent set of new dentures that will fit better once my gums shrink. Is it OK to use more then once a day?

Responses

123 Messages

• 

2K Points

7 years ago

Hi Gail, thanks for joining our forum.  I know it must be frustrating when your teeth become loose.  Fixodent should only be applied once per day.  Since you find you need more adhesive at dinnertime, your should discuss this with your dentist.  It could be that a reline will help while you wait to receive your permanent dentures.  Hang in there - it will get better! 

11 Messages

• 

420 Points

7 years ago

I initially had the same problem to a degree. Then, thanks mostly to tips and suggestions I picked up on this forum, I learned that eating and drinking water and coffee has to be just a bit different than with natural teeth. There's a lot of information available here. Make use of it and, with practice, I think the problem will go away.

4 Messages

• 

120 Points

7 years ago

I was told to only use the powder adhesive. The creams and gels fill in the gaps and your gums change to meet the gel instead of forming to the actual denture. Then the dentures never fit tight and right. Once on the gels always have to use them