Skip to main content
Denture Living Community

70 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

Fri, Aug 25, 2017 2:24 AM

Upper full denture with no partial (immediate upper)

Will only having an immediate upper denture and not a lower partial immediate effect my upper??
I'm already in it for the immediate upper... bc I paid already for the immediate upper... but here's the thing. I was under the impression I'd be able to get the partial also.. and they said it would be too much too fast for me. They were concerned I wouldn't be able to do both at once bc of the full upper.. and to come back for partial after it heals on the lower part so I can get use to the uppers.
Ok here, quick run down. I posted months ago about a plan. Now that's changed.
I'm set for extractions of 15 teeth. (On the 6th of sept) All upper and 4 on bottom.. 3 back right side and then 3 on the left side bottom leaving nothing on the lower right side only some front teeth on the right side.. and anyway going to surgeon who is affiliated with hospital.. so I'll be ok and less worries rather then in a damn Dr office. (Found dentist to do immediate but had to pay out if pocket bc doesn't except insurance)

So I have read about ppl getting partials and full uppers at once.. what's up with this dentist? Will I have issues with my uppers??? Like don't you need pressure to help keep them in? Idk... like I said I paid for the uppers. I paid bc I refuse to be without teeth... well at least a full set of uppers...

Tell me some good news lol please! Lol
Oh and I did my first fitting for uppers and bottoms and didn't gag.. man, I read bad stories about molds and it was fine...

Responses

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

3 years ago

Hi AC I got all uppers removed and immediate denture. I also got all my lower bad teeth pulled too. Leaving me 10 lower no back teeth. Its all front and teeth beside the front. I didn't get partial. Idk how many lowers u will have or where they will b exactly but I've had no problems. I will eventually b getting lowers pulled and denture but with my insurance its cheaper out of pocket to do this way. I eat fine and my denture stays in fine also. Hope this helps sum

70 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

3 years ago

Ok so if you're looking in morror... look at right side... I will have the front bottoms... (2 in front)... tooth 26 being pulled bc I'm not spending 2600 for root canal (double root).. beside 26 is another tooth.. that's staying... and then the rest is going also from that one...

Ok so left side... I will have all the side teeth and the one front tooth... if you count from front tooth it will be 6 7 8that will be going... so front bottom left is 1 and then count 1 2 3 4 5 6 so on
leaving me with 7 bottom teeth of my own...

Omg I hope I didn't confuse you.

I have teeth numbers in my bag but it's 1046pm here and I'm laying down lol...

Still think I'll be alright? With just the upper at first?

422 Messages

• 

12.7K Points

3 years ago

It sounds like u will b ok. I have 10 bottoms no back 1s at all and I'm doing great. I knew that I was going to get all bottoms and denture eventually when insurance deductible comes around again. So I wasn't gonna waste $ for a partial. Lol. Dental work is insanely costly so doing what's less.

70 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

3 years ago

Yes, I agree... sooo much $$$$ .. it's crazy!! Ok thank you so much! Was concerned bc of not having much left on the one side lol

455 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

3 years ago

Remember bottom full dentures are very different than top.  If u have good bone you will have a better ch  ance of bottoms holding.  SO before you pull partial will snap in if you don't need to pull DO NOT.  I have the opposite snap partial on top and full denture on bottom.  SECURE glue s what is best for me.  PLEASE think about pulling teeth if it is not medically necessary.

70 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

3 years ago

I don't need fI'll bottoms.... only a left side partial. I have roots on the bottom that a dent st from 7 yrs ago never got out on bottoms... and I have infections under 2 caps I have that were done 14 yrs ago... again on bottom...
So it's not about pulling just because I want to pull my teeth out.. it's about what needs t be done....

1 Message

• 

62 Points

3 years ago

This is a little strange. I got my upper (11) extracted on August 21st....im on day 5. And my lower right side, 5 back teeth. That same day, I also received an immediate upper and an immediate partial. My dentist told me, that the pros outweigh the cons...because if you don't have it, the top denture will rock due to not having support underneath it.

70 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

Yeah, thought a little weird also. I have the front and left side back teeth but like nothing on right side back/side...