Skip to main content
Denture Living Community
H

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Sun, Sep 13, 2020 2:27 AM

Upper denture seems like it sits too far forward and too low

So I began my journey with immediate dentures on Thursday september 10th. I got 16 teeth extracted upper and bone removal for immediate dentures

. I went with the customizable teeth but never got to try them in or pick anything. I have no idea if im overanalyzing or have not waited long enough for the swelling to go down but i do not like the top denture. I feel like the teeth are tilted inward on the sides and the teeth sit too low in my mouth ( maybe the gums are too big, i honestly dont know why else this would happen) plus they sit too far out making my lips not close. Please tell me your honest opinion i am going to show pictures of them. I do have real teeth on bottom. Sorry for not so great pictures but im still swollen and bruised everywhere.

Responses

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

16 days ago

I am looking for honest opinions PLEASE i see 14 views on my post but no one has commented. 

1.5K Messages

• 

25.4K Points

Hey girl. Everything you're feeling and thinking is normal. I work at a Denture Clinic in Canada and we basically specialize only in making Dentures. You still look swollen. You look good. You had bone removal as well big stuff to deal with in the mouth. Give it time. It normally takes 6mths for your gums to recede/heal and you had bone removal so may take longer so don't be hard on yourself. Make salt water rinses your "best friend" for the next 6mths. I'd say min 3x a day. Your gums will start shrinking and the upper will start moving up so they won't "sit too low" anymore and it sticks out like "a monkey mouth" ( a lot of people call it that) right now due to swelling. That will also go away with time. When the denture starts moving up it may also feel like it pushing up your nose. That can be adjusted just like the "monkey mouth" look. You should be able to go in for adjustments to relieve the denture and help with the fit as your gums are healing. If this is your perm denture they should do a Reline at 6mths when your gums have healed and they will basically make the whole inside of the denture new to fit your gums at that time so doing adjustments to it now is no biggie as it will get fixed at that time. Hang in there. Hope this helps.